“Worst hotel ever!”
Review of Motel Aviv

Motel Aviv
Ranked #38 of 61 Hotels in Eilat
Reviewed 6 April 2014

No air condition because according to them it is winter. Extremely hot. Only given one towel for the whole time. No breakfast. The pool isn't really a pool and is only open at night for a couple of hours. The staff is extremely rude and not helpful at all. The hotel is located in a very bad neighborhood away from everything so I had to take taxis everywhere. It is very loud and impossible to sleep at night. I was only given one bar of soap for the whole 5 days I was there. There are plenty of other nice cheap hotels to stay at!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Travelqueen0813
There are newer reviews for Motel Aviv

Reviewed 31 March 2014

A very uncomfortable hotel with an obnoxious staff. The room was like an oven and the airconditioning didn't work. The man at the lobby gave us an old tiny fan that didn't oscillate. The lobby had an overwhelming smell of laundry detergent that made me almost pass out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank NehemiaGordon
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Hi,
We were here just one day but enjoyed our brief stay. The people at the front desk are exceptionally nice from the older gentleman at night (who incidentally speaks perfect Hindi ... who would've thought?!) to the younger lady in the morning (Jane). They let us keep our bags here all day while we dove and then let us chill in the lounge area till our late bus take off. The shower pressure was also great and so was the Internet service. For the price in Eilat it's a really great option

My only mild critique of this place is that they turn the air conditioning off in the winter. We were pretty warm all night being used to cooler temperatures but they gave us a table fan to make up for it which worked out well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chazmaster
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights in Aviv Motel and enjoyed it very much. From the upper floors (we stayed on the fourth floor) you have a great view all over Eilat and Aqaba. Specially by night, it's an amazing view.

The hotel is located in the northern part of the central city and not in the touristic big-hotel-district, but you can walk there.

Our room had TV and wifi, private bath room and a fridge.

It was one of our cheapest nights in Israel but the hotel is quiet clean - very clean.

The guys from the reception are very helpful: thank to them we found a nice beach with a small bar with a great coal reef.

We recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteffAndMatt
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We arrived in Eilat in the evening from Tel Aviv by bus. The hotel is located in the downtown of Eilat and less than 5 min walk from the bus station. The beach area is 20 min walk from the hotel.

Our room was smallish but it was ok for one night stay. There is wifi, a TV and a fridge in the room. The shower did not have a curtain so there was a bit of a flood in the bathroom after having a shower. Coffee and tea is served in the morning.

We stayed one night are continued to Jordan in the morning. The hotel and the price was ok for our stay but for longer stays I would find something else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JVi_Helsinki
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm surprised to see some bad comments about customer service - my husband and I thought all the staff were wonderful! They welcomed us warmly and gave us great recommendations for places to eat/things to do, including a fab place to go snorkeling. They stored our bags for us when we went over to Jordan for two days and let us keep our hire car there. The room and location were absolutely fine. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzie H
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My recent stay at Motel Aviv in Eilat gave me a bad impression of Eilat. The hotel is basic, and it has a cheap price tag. That part is great. Here were my issues.

1: The two managers, the Israeli gent and the english lady had the worst customer service ever. They felt that they can speak down to their guests and call guests rude names. They need to re evaluate their customer service skills.

2: The room was basic, other than that the room was ok. The air conditioning in the room did not work. It blew hot air and the front desk informed me that it was operational when it clearly was not.

3: The continental breakfast was terrible. A continental breakfast usually includes a small collection of fresh fruit juice and a small selection of breakfast foods. The breakfast at Motel Aviv was horrid. They had water, instant coffee, toast, and tomatoes. WORST EVER!

The one thing I liked about this hotel is the friendly gent who checked me in. This gent knew customer service. He was friendly and continued to call me by my first name for the entire stay. The other two managers should resign immediately.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. Other great properties close by. Leave this hotel in the dust.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo