My boyfriend and I decided to travel to Eilat over Passover break (one of the busiest times to go to Eilat). We tried to search for a last minute deal, but everything was ridiculously expensive. We ended up booking a hotel through Hotwire for an ok price (considering how expensive all the other hotels were over this weekend), and ended up booking the Vista Hotel.
I'll start with basically the only positive note about this hotel- the location. The hotel is located near all the top hotels, a few minute walk from the beach and the boardwalk, and a minute walk from the new Ice Mall (nice mall with an open skating rink inside). The breakfast was pretty good too- they have an omelet station on weekdays (not on Saturdays because of Sabbath) which was great, and otherwise it's a pretty standard Israeli hotel breakfast (which is always good :)
Now to the cons...
The hotel is quite small, which is probably why they call it "boutique", because otherwise there is nothing boutique about this hotel. If I were to sum up this hotel in two words, they would be "no frills".
-Our room was really small and basic- we had 2 single beds pushed together, but essentially it's like sleeping alone and not together. We immediately went down to reception and asked if we could get another room, since we came for a romantic getaway and this wasn't what we had in mind. The receptionist told us that they were fully booked and this was all they had (but another receptionist told us most of their rooms were like that).
-The TV in the room is tiny and had very little selection, and the channels that they did have were very poor quality.
- The room itself is very cold- no color at all, and felt more like a dorm room at a hostel than a room at a hotel.
- The bath towels they give you are tiny, and when we asked if we could get bigger towels we were told that this was all they had.
- They don't give you shampoo/body wash/conditioner, but rather have one dispenser in the shower that the receptionist told us was an all in one.
- Don't expect a nice view from your room or the pool- our view from our room was of a construction site near the new Ice Mall.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Hotel Eilat