“Average hotel- far from being a "boutique" hotel”
Review of Vista Hotel

Vista Hotel
Ranked #39 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Average hotel- far from being a "boutique" hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to travel to Eilat over Passover break (one of the busiest times to go to Eilat). We tried to search for a last minute deal, but everything was ridiculously expensive. We ended up booking a hotel through Hotwire for an ok price (considering how expensive all the other hotels were over this weekend), and ended up booking the Vista Hotel.

I'll start with basically the only positive note about this hotel- the location. The hotel is located near all the top hotels, a few minute walk from the beach and the boardwalk, and a minute walk from the new Ice Mall (nice mall with an open skating rink inside). The breakfast was pretty good too- they have an omelet station on weekdays (not on Saturdays because of Sabbath) which was great, and otherwise it's a pretty standard Israeli hotel breakfast (which is always good :)

Now to the cons...

The hotel is quite small, which is probably why they call it "boutique", because otherwise there is nothing boutique about this hotel. If I were to sum up this hotel in two words, they would be "no frills".

-Our room was really small and basic- we had 2 single beds pushed together, but essentially it's like sleeping alone and not together. We immediately went down to reception and asked if we could get another room, since we came for a romantic getaway and this wasn't what we had in mind. The receptionist told us that they were fully booked and this was all they had (but another receptionist told us most of their rooms were like that).
-The TV in the room is tiny and had very little selection, and the channels that they did have were very poor quality.
- The room itself is very cold- no color at all, and felt more like a dorm room at a hostel than a room at a hotel.
- The bath towels they give you are tiny, and when we asked if we could get bigger towels we were told that this was all they had.
- They don't give you shampoo/body wash/conditioner, but rather have one dispenser in the shower that the receptionist told us was an all in one.
- Don't expect a nice view from your room or the pool- our view from our room was of a construction site near the new Ice Mall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ziv H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at the Vista hotel for 7 nights in March 2014. Since it's not a top quality hotel, I didn't expect much, but still got a number of unfortunate surprises.
I was surprised to see so many nice reviews here, complementing the cleanliness of the hotel. The carpet on the floor of our room was stained and had litter on it when we entered. The windows were so dirty as if they hadn't been washed in years, we literally had to keep the blinds on the whole time it was light outside. The pool area was dirty and unpleasant as well and I didn't see anyone using it during the whole week. The rooms were very small, there wasn't a lot of room to open a big suitcase, unless you wanted to do it on the bed. I read a lot of excellent reviews about breakfast in Vista hotel on tripadvisor.com before the trip, but it turned out to be scant and completely average and I'm not at all a fussy eater. The breakfast package given to us when leaving early in the morning was a disgrace.
But the main problem was the unbearable noise in the evenings. The inside of the hotel is hollow, so to speak, so you can look down from your floor and see the lower floors. We were on the upper floor and even with the door closed you could hear any noise from downstairs. On three nights there was a party downstairs - loud local music and singing through speakers - that lasted for hours and was so loud that it was impossible to sleep or even watch TV. Even though the door was closed, the racket was still so loud that I felt as if I was downstairs in the middle of it. Since the hotel is small, everyone must have heard the noise. When I confronted the front desk, they assured me that the group who held the party would be leaving the day after next. This was of little solace and also, there was another night of loud music still after the group had supposedly checked out. I don't think any hotel should afford such treatment of guests. If I do not want to go to a party I should be able to go to my room and stay there in peace and quiet, especially after a long and tiring day. Unfortunately this is a strange concept in Vista hotel in Eilat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Heili R

Travellers are raving about these Eilat hotels

Sintra, Portugal
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We needed an hotel for two nights to go from Eilat to Jordan and Vista was a good choice! Nice clean rooms, nice staff and superb breakfast!!! Value for money! Near the Marina, five minute walk from the front row promenade, quiet location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josip57
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

hi, its not the king david
but as a medium hotel it does stand out with a wonderful helpful staff and nice and very clean rooms,warmly recommended,my office booked me here,ill bring my family next time

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank OriStern
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We returned to the Vista Hotel yet again for the Jewish New Year Holiday last week. The hotel remains so well run, clean, efficient and the food was plentiful and varied over this period. One should remember the bedrooms are not large but adequate. The hotel is also in a good position especiall for the Ice Rink Mall.

Room Tip: We picked a room not poolside which is quieter but really not essential. The hotel do have about th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Ruth E
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Basic isn't even the right word to describe this dirty drab hotel with no amenities. They don't even provide soap in the bathroom?

Unless you're on a very strict budget and service is not important to you - do not stay here. The service was terrible. I called the front desk to ask about getting a massage somewhere and she refused to help me. Telling me I could find the numbers and call myself.

The breakfast was disgusting - instant coffee???

Don't go here.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Kerri-Ann B
Beverly Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was a small, charming hotel, close to the mall and a 5 minute walk to the beach near the border patrol. The pool was closed without the management offering us an alternative hotel to swim, as promised in several other reviews of the Vista. I guess this area is in the process of being developed, because when I returned to my room there was a huge construction crane hovering on top of my room. The front desk was polite enough to give me a room on the other side of the hotel with curtains billowing from the strong desert breeze and a view of King City. Tthe breakfast buffet was delish
Across the street an employee shed that looks like shantyville kind of stuck out compared to the rest of Eilat's sparkling clean beach playground.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room assignment adjacent to a tapered off construction site.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo