“Terrible hotel - do not believe the reviews. Trust me”
Review of Herods Boutique

Herods Boutique
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Toronto
“Terrible hotel - do not believe the reviews. Trust me”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I travel regularly on business and with my family. We stay in nice hotels (see my reviews of other hotels we stayed at this summer eg Westin Palace Madrid or Mamilla Hotel in Jerusalem), Herods is a 3 star hotel at best and it has terrible service.

Check in was agonizingly slow. The rooms (I booked 2- one for me and my wife and one for the kids) were ugly and there were stains on the furniture. The restaurant where we had breakfast was dirty - again stains on all the chairs. Service was non-existent.

The pool area is a disaster. Overcrowded and no hope of finding anywhere to sit.

And towel cards? Are you kidding me? Towel cards? Their towels are tiny and feel like sandpaper and You are only allowed one per person and only if you have your card. If you don't return the towels and get your card back, they will charge you. Seriously.

I was supposed to stay 3 nights but checked out after 2 and would have left immediately if I could have.

If you can, stay at the royal beach - much nicer hotel. Do yourself a favour and DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed July 2014
12 Thank Stevieray99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Briarcliff Manor, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Herod's Boutique is part of three hotels on one complex. The Palace is the large one, the Vitalis is a spa, and the Boutique is smaller and not overrun by small children. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with nice bathrooms. Every thing was spotless. I am not sure this applies to all guests, but we were allowed access to the Vitalis spa without having to pay an entrance fee. We also were able to make reservations at local sites through the hotel. The Red Sea is cuddled up to the hotel, which also has a very nice swimming pool. The hotel complex is beautifully maintained, and the food in the atrium of the Vitalis was very good. One downside: At least at the Boutique, the staff were incredibly unhelpful; in fact you would think they've never stepped outside the hotel into the town, based on how little they seemed to know. Nonetheless, I will happily stay here again if ever in Eilat.

Room Tip: We had 803 and were quite pleased with it. It had a lagoon view and great air conditioning.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed for three nights, amazing food comparing to the best restaurants in the city. Service in the public areas was excellent . One of the best "value for money" hotels.
Location near the best Mall in city in a short distance walking.

1 Thank tor1000
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Me and my fionce arrived to celebrate my Birthday in this hotel,
we choose this hotel after we read a lot of reviews about this hotel is quiet and without children.
it wasn't the case at all,
The hotel was crowded with children and a lot of noise, I didn't see any diffrence between this hotel and the main hotel. when we told the front dest about the noise they told us they can transfer us to other room but they pretty sure it will be the same problem there.
the hotel wasn't well kept at all, it was a lot of dirt.
I must say there was a very good things about the hotel as well, the room was great, a very large room and a very nice balcony, and the breakfest and the pool was great as well.
but i think when i see the pros and cons, i think there is much more cons.
i wouldn't recommend this hotel,
As i said, after reading the reviews here, i expected much more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in the hotel for the 6 time, nothing to say, really the best spa hotel in eilat.
No children, open traklin food all the day.
Wondefull spa, very quiet place.
Rooms were renoved, and the lawrence & tamarin restaurants are very good.
We will come again
Ronit El medioni

1 Thank jacko1300
Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the warm (champagne-accompanied) welcome to the complimentary suite upgrade, we enjoyed everything the Herods Boutique has to offer! The staff is generous and helpful, especially Daniel at the reception who was very kind and extremely professional (thanks again for the upgrade!). The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is rich, fresh and tasty. We especially enjoyed the swimming pool, which was quiet and relaxing. Location is right on the promenade - very convenient. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel on Tuesday, entrance reception was warm and welcome.
I got a lovely room facing the sea. Must say that the room was clean and inviting.
Dinner and breakfast was amazing. Plenty of delicious food.
I visited a lot of hotels in Eilat, but this was the best so far.
Most Recommended