“Great vacation”

Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Ashdod, Israel
“Great vacation”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We arrived three adults and two children in 2 rooms.
The rooms were in the tower with balcony and sea view.
We got the first room in ~ an hour, but the second room after only a few hours, around 15:00.
Average sized rooms, clean bathrooms and services a bit smaller and obsolete.
There are only two elevators to the tower, creating a long wait for the elevator, in addition it seems that was not even lift ventilation was just really hot.
Another thing that really bothered this Wireless Internet for a fee.
Food is excellent, the dining room is very spacious and has always been a place without having to wait, sometimes missing parts cutlery on the table.
The pool is very spacious and has always been a vacant chairs.
Lots of activities for adults and children, pool and beyond.
Beach hotel with lots of marine activity.
Two things bothered Coast:
1. Between 12:15 to 14:00 there return equipment (binoculars, etc.).
2. Allowed to dive only nearby beach, beach does not belong to the hotel then it is necessary to pay for the chairs.
Overall We really enjoyed, and I can recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: If you need balcony then take the tower rooms.
1 Thank Shlolvy
haim s, Manager at U Coral Beach Club Eilat, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Mr. SHLOVEY
Thank you for your review.
It’s a pleasure to read your feedback and to deliver it to our managers
I am happy that you liked your tower rooms and I am also happy that you got the first room right a way (in Israel and around the globe, check in time is after 15:00 check out 11:00),
We do try and succeed most of the time to give at as soon as we can.
Regarding free WI FI , I do hope that we will have it for free Couse we are going to be the first social hotel in EILAT with free application to we find site + Facebook site as well.
We do have a small delay due to the situation now a day.
As you mentioned the beach belongs to all Israeli residents but we provides beds & chairs free of charge to hotel guests only. If another visitor arrive to the beach I can not tell him to go out but he can not use any facilities there.
Thanks again for your reviews and comments and I hope to see you soon again.

General Manager Assistant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a pleasant stay with the family. 2 decent rooms for the 5 of us.
Food was good, free drinks, beach right in front (free wind surfing), rooms with a view, courteous staff, easy check-in/check-out. Nothing to complain about.

2 Thank FejS
Dear Mr. FEJ S
Thank you for your review.
It’s a pleasure to read your feedback and to deliver it to our managers
I am happy that you liked the 2 rooms you get and all the rest.
Nothing to complain…. That’s what I mostly like and that’s why we are here.
Only for our guests that come again and again and again…
Hope to see you next time with the entire family.

General Manager Assistant
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

To Paradise!
The food here is unbelievable, the only problem is that there is too much from which to chose.
Staffi s very helpful. Just beware that there is no wifi, (maybe just as well to better take advantage of everything there is to offer).
Music can be a little loud so I knocked it down from 6 stars to 5

2 Thank abbaleh
haim s, Manager at U Coral Beach Club Eilat, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Mr. Abbalech
Thank you for our amazing review.
At the beginning I was surprised from your title above
And than… I kept reading and see the new name you suggest "paradise"
Thanks for all compliments and I can assure you that in the nearest future
We'll have free WI FI around the hotel+ other surprises ahead.
Meanwhile
General manager assistant.
Beersheba, Israel
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel gives the proceeds most family: kids busy from morning to night much a part sportsmanship and social are busy sea pool a trapeze while sports activities. And in the evening they appear in plays and performances are beautiful and invested. The service is very kind and even that is always accompanied by a broad smile. Excellent food and very tasty bulk (no diet) accompanied by a good wine. The bar is wonderful and full of all good. The entertainment team gives a feeling of non-stop holiday village. We come twice a year every year and everything looks as if there is a surprise here at all.
Thanks to all the staff from the guard at the entrance to guard the port and the special smile each and every one.

2 Thank shaull p
Dear Mr. Shaul
Thank you so much for your amazing review
Its was a great pleasure to read it and its going to be a real prude to deliver it
To the hotel managers.
As a returning guest you know that our guest's satisfaction is our main goal
And we try to preserve them and surprise them any time again and again.
I am so happy that you attached a photo of Mr. Gabi (the salad man)
Who did every single day the best fresh salads he can.
We do hope & wait to see you again.
Kiryat Gat, Israel
Reviewed 12 July 2014

me and my all family were in this hotel ... we think that is the best hothel in eilat !the food is great the service is excellent ! we definatly go back there again ! u coral beach club its one of the most spicals hothels

Room Tip: rooms with balcony
3 Thank gabi276
haim s, Manager at U Coral Beach Club Eilat, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear MR. GABI
thank you for writing your lovely review.
its a real pleasure to read that you had a wonderfull time with us.
we will be glad to have you here again soon.
meanwhile my best regards,
we do pray for better days in our country peace and harmony for all!!!
sincerelly
haim simelmits.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice, pleasant rooms, clean.

Food: Decent.

Noise: Stratospheric! Boom boom, disco, screaming musing. In the lobby, by the pool. Dining hall, no music, but the noise of screaming guests and clangnig dishes was deafening, we couldn't hear each other talk. Quite a few families opted to eat out on the patio, though it was 38 degrees C, even though the tables were not made up. Noise meter on my iPhone: hit 125decibels in the dining hall, 178(!!!) at the kids evening show. (FYI: Safety rules normally require ear protection above 85 or 100db). I never use that app, but remembered it because of the unbelievable noise.

Overall cleanliness: lacking. Slow to clean up tables at mealtime and floors were often filthy (staff couldn't keep up with the guests I guess). Pool area, constant stream of plastic cups swirling. Pool area was full of leaves and cigarette butts. Same for stairwells by the pool.

Speaking of the pool: There is one pool for the whole hotel, so you go in with your kids and you need to navigate all the screaming splashing crowd, with their floats and water guns bumping into you. Also, though smoking is forbidden (city by-law) it is not enforced. When I asked the lifeguard about it, he said I could call the city of Eilat to complain.

If you take a windsurfing lesson, out of four of us, two were seriously wounded by the sharp rocks or coral where they anchor the windsurfers - I scraped about 20cmx 5cm of skin off my calf which took 3 weeks to heal and has left a scar, a young woman was much worse off and was taken for stitches with a whole flap of skin peeled off(!!). No warning was given before hand except to wear shoes. One windsurf board was anchored over a dozen sea urchins (pity the person who steps on that, ouch!!!)

The restaurant by the beach was quiet and had good food and friendly service, but you can only have one meal per stay - too bad.

Overall, the hotel delivers what it promises, it was all-inclusive, but is too noisy and the pool too crowded to enjoy, unless you like that. If you are impervious to noise and oblivious to dirt and cigarette smoke, go for it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Haifen
haim s, Manager at U Coral Beach Club Eilat, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Mr. Heifen
I am sorry that we didn’t provide you the best vacation we usually give to our guests.
I am truly sorry we didn’t meet during your stay but here are my short comment regarding your review – you can always find me here for you.
Noise: this hotel consider as a club with music and non stop activities, although we do have many places around which are often quite& culm such as beach area , shade places at the pool , east side pf the dining room as well.
Regarding the noise level by decibels, I am sure its by the law but I will
Do double check with maintenance manager again.
Pool area: I pass your comments to HK manager to add more public area staff to avoid any problems.
Smoking is prohibited at the pool and we took all ashtrays long time a go to the terrace at the open lobby, unfortunately we do invite city hall/police officer when guest refuse to cut cigarette's off and get warned by our security team.

We do have 8 big signs about wearing shoes worming's (I even add you a sample) 101cm X 31 CM- hanging on the bridge both sides + entrance to the beach area.
i can not add the sample but i can e mail u with photos each location in 4 languages.
I do hope to see you again in our hotel and promise to do everything we need to assure you our improvement
Beat regards
Tel Aviv, Israel, Middle East
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great team, full of energy. Never seen such a kind group of workers. Great bar team, special thank you to Bar, the best barman who makes the best cocktails I've had. Thank you to Cyril, Sherrif and Yoel, always smiling and asking me how I am. If you like attention and being pampered, this is the hotel for you, I was blown away by the team. Great shows at night, very well done. And the food was plentiful and at a very high standard. Thank you all again and hope to see you soon :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Arkin99
Dear Mr. Arkin
Thank you for your lovely review.
It's always a big pleasure to see & read that our guests are more than happy.
I passed your good feedbacks to the team and they thank you also.
Our team is like a big happy family and their goal is to make sure that all guests are satisfied 24/7.
Hope to see you soon again
Wishing you cool summer and all the best
Sincerely yours