“Very good, tasty, interesting restaurant”
Review of Fattoush

Fattoush
Ranked #7 of 373 Restaurants in Haifa
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Very good, tasty, interesting restaurant”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A lovely restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating (smokers and non-smokers). Lots of people and very lively. Good but hurried service. Delicious middle eastern food. Hummus was delicious. Fine choice of middle eastern food. Lots of locals there so good sign too.

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
“tasty large portions plus cozy atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Tasty quality food (hummus and dessert) and huge portions. Love the lights and outdoor seating at night.

• Visited September 2013
Los Angeles
“Feels Good, Tastes Good”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I spent two days in Haifa relaxing and recovering from jet lag from a L.A. - Tel Aviv non-stop. Walking past a dozen cafés along Ben Gurion St in German Colony, Fatoush was the fullest (a good sign) and the ambiance pulled me in like a magnet.

I ended up eating there two nights in row and ordered the same both times: Hummus El-Sultan (veal and pine nuts). Am I a hummus expert? No. All I can say is I loved it, the warm pita bread, and I came back again the next night for more.

While enjoying a couple of draft Goldstars, my favorite Israeli beer, I scanned the Trip Advisor reviews on my smart phone. How can anybody rate this place as "terrible" or "average"? The complaints were about poor service. True, the servers don't chit-chat and ask you where you're from. Is that unfriendly? I watched them serve other tables. No they don't smile and gush a lot, but they are attentive. Which would you prefer? As for me, I want good food, good atmosphere, and attentive but otherwise invisible servers.

Another reviewer claimed "all" the food was over 100 NIS. Not true. I didn't see a single dinner priced that high. That reviewer must be a jealous owner of an empty cafe nearby.

The atmosphere and setting at Fatoush was like a peaceful oasis. I lingered over my meal and beers. The ocean breeze flowed up the street and through the large trees that shade the outdoor seating area. I compare that to other cafés across and down the street covered by vinyl canopies.

1 Thank TwoMillionMiles
Tomball, Texas
“Great food and location”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

While traveling with a group of 30 in Haifa, we had a wonderful arranged lunch in a separate room at this restaurant. The food was served family style with a large sampling of many Mediterranean dishes. Excellent food. Atmosphere was quaint and stylish with both indoor and outdoor service. There were various sitting arrangements from couches with pillows to standard table and chairs under outdoor umbrellas. Lots of plants and fountains. Thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the ambiance.

• Visited June 2014
Qiryat Ata, Israel
“Nice location and atmosphere, service average”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Spent an early lunch yesterday at Fatoush. I personally love the German Colony area in Haifa. Its a perfect mix of natural elements, art and architecture. Fatoush has lovely settings of outdoor terrace with old olive trees shadowing the place, and an interesting artsy decor such as a tricycle hanging from the balcony above.

The food was served relatively fast and it was pretty tasty. Although I know it was a bit over-priced, it was worth the fact I genuinely enjoyed my time sitting there with a glass of wine and my husband next to me.

The main thing that bothered me was the service. Apart from the only female waitresses which was relatively nice, the rest were giving me a feeling they are doing me a favor by taking my order or responding to any of my and my husband's requests, I had a feeling I'm not really wanted there. I am a reasonable client who avoids bothering waiters unless I truly need their service. I don't think I managed to annoy them from the moment I arrived?

Up to you to see if my service experience there was only an isolated event, or are they really making everyone uncomfortable (ironically at the entrance there's a sign saying "everybody's welcomed"). Unfortunately, needless to say, I will not come back.