“Bad service and bad treatment from the owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Jacko's

Jacko's
Ranked #66 of 359 Restaurants in Haifa
Price range: US$18 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Israeli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is one of the best seafood restaurant in Haifa. The food is excellent the service is excellent as well the price value for money it's ok. Very recommended restaurant for dinner or lunch.
Israel
“Bad service and bad treatment from the owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I heard so many good reviews about Jakos, so I invited my parents who live in the center to come eat with us at the restaurant. But at Jakos they apparently forgot how to treat their costumers with respect. Today, a good food experience turned bad because of the service. The highlights were: asking for everything three times and to hear from the waitress, sorry i cant clear your plates right now because there is no room to clear it to.... So we had to drink our cofee and tea while the fish are staring at us. at least it was comforting to hear complaints from customers around us and to know that it's not all in our heads. But, the reason for NOT going back to Jackos is the owner who chose to reply to our complaint about the service in screams. Another thing was their politely said advice for us: You dont have to come back. So thank you for the advice and I promise to take it. It is really not your food, it is totally you. For all fairness and to those who are not tiered from reading I want to elaborate from the point in the story when we went to complain. At first, the response to our complaint was polite, we received an apology, an explanation that the restaurant was really busy today and an offer to make us up for the bad experience. We declined politely because it wasnt out intention. But, as the owner (who we understood was the owner at least) heard the word compensate, she turned to us and with a harsh tone announced that she sent waiters at our direction. The apology, the recognition that the place was packed and being polite were all gone. Nothing changed even after I explained that the waiters didnt come to us, we had to address them, and every request had to be asked three times before anything happened. Things turned really bad when my mom chose the wrong words to describe the service "Goal Nefesh" (in hebrew and if trying to translate "hideous") and I have to emphasis, she said the service was hideous. Maybe that was a poor choice of word but even my moms apology didnt help to maintain the owners unproportional response, her yelling and the bad felling that escorted us out the door.

• Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
Haifa
“Worth coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had a great late lunch with my wife in Jacko. We enjoyed our meal.
It starts wtih 6, 7 different salads. All very fresh and tasting very well.

I had moles (מולים) with garlic and wine. They were very, very good.

The service was very good as well. The staff is very attentive, and addresses any request in zero time.

Overall had a very tasteful meal.

• Visited October 2013
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“simple fresh and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Sometimes you look for a simple down to earth food, without pomposity and extravaganza,and this in essence is the key with jako's restaurant, which specializes in fish and seafood.
The setup reminds you of a greek taverna, with the tasty and stimulating "mezze "a nice vriety of appetizers, that are fabulous,the fresh and crunchy vegetable salad, which are supplied from the annex turkish market,with the heavy country bread, and all this you enjoy while you wait for the main dish, be it a fish or seafood, catch of the day, which are prepared skillfully according to the family mediteranian tradition.
Who needs a better early lunch?,and when we do not have to impress anyone with decoration, we go to this simple israeli taverna.

• Visited September 2013
Haifa, Israel
“Place to return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

After spending the morning in Tel-Aviv area my wife and me decided to have a late lunch at Jacko's. Please note the address should be Khilat Saloniki 12, was Ha'Dekalim 12 (Ha'Dekikim st.is misspelling). Once arived we got an assortment of starters all fresh and tasty, we got refill with no need to ask for... My wife got a grilled salmon while I had a grilled st peter's fish. Both where done good. Note it opens daily noon to 5pm (closing early)!

• Visited September 2013
London
“YUMMY!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

A must go-to if you find yourself hungry and in Haifa.

Great menu, fish is clearly the order of the day.

Atmosphere is good, its a popular place for Haifans

Enjoy!