“Excellent hotel, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Eden Hotel
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Haifa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent hotel, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Eden is located in the heart of Haifa, within reasonable walking distance of major attractions such as the Bahai shrine and the German colony. Our rooms were clean and very well-maintained, the AC and wifi worked excellently, the water was hot and the water pressure strong, and the service was very friendly. If I ever return to Haifa, I will plan to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

I booked the cheapest hotel in Haifa on web booking sites, older building but inside, rooms with balconies are nice, the staff is very welcoming and it's in the center of town. From the train station it's a 10 minutes climb.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Pierre W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

I've never stayed at a hotel in this price bracket where the staff (admittedly I think we were mainly served by the father and son owners) were so intent on providing good service and a comfortable stay, in what is otherwise a very humble hotel. Yes the toilet was technically on the balcony, but the bed was comfortable, shower was amazing (for this price) and the location is fantastic. There's a bus stop very close from which you can get to most of the touristy parts of Haifa. A short walk brings you to the German colony and even shorter ones to get to some great pastry and falafel joints. The most outstanding thing was how friendly owners were. If you're on a budget and aren't bothered by shabby appearances (or vintage aesthetic?), this should suit you fine.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank pedwards1991
Haifa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Zentral Poisiton, free Parking, free wifi, polite and helpful people, some speek German. The nighs are quiet. They serve no breakfast. Restaurants are very close. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Peter J
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

What you see is what you get. I was reticent when I saw the polarised views on this hotel. I liked it - it is a cheap hotel that has been there since 1932 - and the owner has lived there since - having came from Germany as a baby. He is a real gem as is the room cleaner both of whom really are on side with the guests. There are no frills with this hotel but you can get all that in the area and I was fine with the simple but clean room with AC and fridge. I will go back - I have stayed in 3 hotels in Haifa and this is by far the best value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chelmo_Man
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This place is in need of a complete makeover. It's might be OK for students on a limited budget, but even then I'd think a youth hostel is a better deal. We checked in and were shown to our room where the WC was outside on the balcony, we could hear all street noise and even talking from apartments across the alley as well as next door in the hotel, the hotel sign glared through the window, the room stank of cigarettes, the room light was a bare fluorescent bulb, the bedsheets looked like they belonged to someone's grandmother and the slow shower drain left you standing in ankle deep water. I went to check out the next morning but we'd booked for two nights, so the manager offered their best room, a "suite" (I think this means the WC is actually in the room, it also had a jacuzzi tub we didn't try) which was admittedly much nicer than the first, approaching adequate even. The mattress was creaky and lumpy and the manager later knocked on the door to say the owner wanted us to know this room was much more expensive so we should feel lucky to get it for the other room rate. I think the owner had yelled at him and that showed me where the owner's head is at.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jodyhuntatx

Travellers are raving about these Haifa hotels

virginia, usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Another reviewer used the word "odd." Yes, indeed. We had to go out on the balcony to get to the toilet. I tend to look for a bargain, so I expect to get what I pay for. I paid $72US for the night. There was no elevator, which I am used to from European travel. The doors were not well soundproofed, so a couple of times it sounded like someone was trying to get into our room. But the bed was comfy, there WAS a balcony, and the owner was the most adorable little old man. We took a picture with him before we left. He removed his spectacles for the photo, explaining: "Weezout my glasses I am mo' sexy." I cannot speak to the functionality of the shower, because we did not use it. (Is that bad? We only stayed one night.) No problems with the wi-fi, though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family