“Best Chocolate Dessert in Haifa”
Review of Hanamal 24

Hanamal 24
Ranked #15 of 379 Restaurants in Haifa
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My second visit was a much better success than my first. After reading rave reviews I was very disappointed the first time I went there and told them so. The response was that I had chosen simple dishes from the prix fixe menu. So this time I chose from the a la carte menu and was very happy with the choices.

The service was peculiar - two people seemed to go around together, presumably as one was training the other. But this meant they didnt have enough cover to meet and greet new arrivals and respond quickly to requests - let alone pre-empt my needs as a great restaurant does.

The chocolate dessert however was truly memorable. It came alight and I managed to get the flame in my photo.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

First the food - was good nothing more and nothing less , seems more a wannbe than real gourmet.
atmosphere was great . service was amazing
so the over all is very good, stick to the simple dishes and you will enjoy it more.
at the end - best place in haifa

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The food was beautifully prepared, made-to-order, served hot, and served very well. The wine prices were extremely high. The only half-bottle of white was about $40 USD and there were no dry whites served by the glass. Unfortunate.

One of us had the prix fixed. The salad was enough to serve 3 people and the 3 of us divided one dessert on the prix fixed.

The restaurant was not crowded, but my guess is that things change on weekends.

We recommend it if you want to splurge at about $60USD/person.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The service was unprofessional, we sat at a table but nobody came to give us service, we had to ask for menues and eventually got only one, and then waited too much time for the dishes. Only the bill came right away.
The food was indeed very good.
For a restuarant chargiing

Reviewed 20 November 2013

There are a few truly memorable meals I have had in my life around the world: Paris, Istanbul, Buenos Aires, to name a few. The meal we had a Hanamal 24 tonight was certainly among those! The blend of flavors, from the goat cheese with pear mulled in wine and saffron, to the mullet fish with a spinach reduction, was exquisite with each dish. Moreover, the presentation of the dishes was nothing less than art. Some of the dishes were so artfully arranged and colorful that we had to take a picture before eating them! For 169 NIS the prix fixe dinner was quite a bargain. If you are ready for a meal to remember, this is it. Wonderful atmosphere and service to boot!