“Not worth it”

Ranked #14 of 23 Haifa B&B and Inns
San Bernardino, California
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place was TERRIBLE. It is small, dirty, and in the middle of nowhere. I was charged a higher price than I was originally told, the staff was not very friendly, and the place itself was disgusting. The room I got had all sorts of bugs in it (I found a huge garden cockroach inside the bathroom), the AC did not work properly (there was a foul smell coming out of it), the bathroom had no soap, it is near a CLOSED beach, and its location was not ideal. I definitely got overcharged and I DO NOT recommend it. For the price I paid, I could've definitely gotten something better.
Stay away from this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Daniel M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Hebrew first
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is small hotel near a closed off beach. It has nothing to recommend it. We booked it because it claimed to be handicap accessible. It was to a degree. The package included a $10 breakfast charge. The dining room was located on a second floor with no elevator access. They were kind enough to bring a tray of bilious food to our room. When we asked them to forget it for the second night they said we already paid for it and there would be no refund. As it turned out we told them to keep their breakfast and our $10. The room was small located in the rear of the building adjacent to a small driveway and parking area big enough for two cars. In order to get into the parking area you had to ring a buzzer and wait, to leave the parking area you had to call the office to get them to open the gates. The entire facility was locked down with special keys issued to guest that opened the front entrance to a patio area to get to your room. The area appeared quite unsavory although it was just a couple of blocks from the beach. I would never consider staying there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back seem quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dickmaven

Travellers are raving about these Haifa hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 23 January 2014

lovely hotel. Located on the seafront. nice people in service
I was particularly comfortable to live in this hotel as a place for a business meeting.
the hotel itself is also very convenient to stay.
I'm glad I have stayed in this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked thru Trip Advisor.

First, the hotel was literally at the end of the world, without amenities, near a closed off section of the beach, unfinished construction all around.

Worse, I arrived on the second night of an arranged stay, having called head a few days before to say that I would not be there on the first day. Thou the policy clearly stated was a minimum of 50% refund for that cancellation, I was charged fully. This is neither right nor lawful and I am pressing a dispute and for a refund many months delayed.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Hadji747
El Cerrito, California
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week and had a great experience. It is very conveniently located near the train station, so getting here from the airport is very easy and fast. Staff is fantastic, very friendly and professional. Irina, Marina, Alicia and Yonatan all speak good English which makes it easy to communicate. A small beach is about 300 yard away from the hotel and a bigger one is about 10 minute walk. The hotel has free wi-fi, rooms are newly remodeled, modern and clean. Rooms can be a bit bigger, but for the price and location it is still worth it.
I found kitchenette to be of a great value, you can buy great local food at the numerous nearby stores and have a nice meal in the room or outside in the yard.

Some rooms even have jaccuzi in them - those are VIP.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room, mine was fine for a solo traveler, but if you have more than one person in th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tamara621
Brooklyn NY
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband did not want to drive up into the hills of Haifa so we decided to choose this seaside hotel. We did not realize that at the seashore in Bat Galim, Haifa, there are no other hotels. We expected to be in a beach resort but were in a little Russian community. We were very surprised when we checked into our spotlessly clean room with a beautiful new bathroom, new bedding and a kitchen. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: If you pay more you can get a larger room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BrooklynBubbe
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Many/most tourists stay in 'uptown' Haifa, but near the bay there are only a couple of budget places. Sea Plaza is one. Run by friendly Russians, in a predominatly run-down, sadly neglected, Russian neighborhood.

The room for two we had was basically clean but really tiny. No breakfast. The hotel will wash/dry laundry for 60 shekels.

Room has fridge, plates/cutlery, kettle.
Staff were helpful at all times.
Hotel is in a quiet area half a block from the sea where the promenade starts. This has an ice-cream place, and a couple of restaurants near by.

Much of Haifa has become very shabby looking, from when I was last hear in 1975. Very sad to see so many apartment buildings, where the owners/residents have taken no interest in adding a little beauty or even simple upkeep. This would take such little effort. Of course, there are some homes that are gorgeous.

Would I return to Haifa: Yes! I love the place.
Would we stay at the Sea Plaza? Yes! Frequent busses nearby to go uptown.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple