Templers Boutique Hotel
  • Room Service
Loui Hotel(Haifa)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfattoushgerman colonybahai gardensgreat locationclimbing stairsthree roomsbeautiful roomground floorrestaurants and barsincluded breakfastnice hotelben gurion avenuewadi nisnasdeluxe roomfree parkinga wonderful staytemplar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Pros:
Lovely décor
Great shower
Bed was comfortable
Free parking behind the hotel (public lot)
Slippers and robes
Great location – in same building as Fatoush restaurant
Nice staff

Cons:
Tiny room (we had the Mandala)
Air conditioner blasted directly on the bed
Not a good sleep
Watch out for walking around the wood platform on the bed
Almost no space on the sink for anything
Hair dryer difficult to use if you wanted to look in the mirror AND dry your hair
Only place to use a laptop was on the bed or on your knees after clearing the nightstand

We had the Mandala room (a Superior Double) for 3 nights, really 2 ½ nights as we left at 1:00 a.m. for the airport. For one night the lovely little room would probably be OK, but it is very small. Designers of the bathroom must never actually have thought about it for travelers, the boutique square sink had no place to put anything, the in-wall shelf behind the commode had to be used for that. Unfortunately the worst part was actually sleeping, with the window open the breeze blows directly on your head, and with the air conditioner on that also blows full blast on you on the bed with no way to adjust. If you close the bathroom door it is somewhat quieter in this room.

Room Tip: The Mandala was the smallest "superior double" of the 2 in the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My sister and I stayed here recently for a single night. I picked the hotel based on the recommendation of a colleague. The location is fantastic. It is down the hill from the Bahai Gardens and on a major street with many dining options. I like that the rooms are different and not a cookie cutter copy of each other. We stayed in the Albatross room which would have had an amazing view of the Bahai Gardens except two buildings up there was an overgrown tree obstructing things a bit. As mentioned by several others, there is no elevator so it may be difficult to get your luggage upstairs, luckily we just had totebags since it was a one night stay (and my sister was suffering from some hip tendinitis). The breakfast at the cafe next door wasn't anything special but it was typical for the region.

What would have been nice is if the person doing check in had reminded us that beginning at sunset it was a major Israeli holiday and literally everything was shutting down including all the restaurants. I knew in the back of my head that the next day was a holiday but forgot that Israelis often start their holidays at sunset the night before. When my sister and I decided to go out for dinner at 8pm we were caught unawares. Luckily we had road snacks in the car and made do with that. I would think that hotel staff should do a better job when dealing with their foreign guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed in the "Venus" room and loved it. The door to the balcony cut off all the street noise and let us rest peacefully. Location perfect; staff helpful and friendly; cleanliness optimal; breakfast best on our third day, when we were sent to CafeCafe.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Positive: The room was clean and quite nice with a well appointed bathroom.

Negative: However, there is no place to unpack so our suitcases stayed on the floor. The hotel does not have an elevator so you climb 19 tall steps to the 2nd floor and there is no one to help with your luggage.

Positive: The hotel is located on a fabulous street full of restaurants and cafes. In addition, the Bahai Gardens and a tourist info center are a short walk away.

Negative: Parking on the street is extremely limited. I was not told about any parking lot.

Negative: The hotel does not provide an on-site breakfast although it is included in the price. Breakfast was provided at a very plain cafe down and across the street. The breakfast options, while adequate from a quantity standpoint, were rather limited and strange from a western taste perspective. I fully understand that I am not in New York City, but I have extensive world travel experience and normally, there are some western-taste oriented options for breakfast.

Bottom line: I would not stay here again. While the room was more than reasonable, the lack of a reasonable breakfast on-site, no elevator, and the parking situation all tip the scale to the negative.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

the room is modernly designed, quite nice. everything is satisfactory, and the location is very good.. however, the breakfast was absoloutely terrible.. you are allowed to choose between three different options, all of which are very dull.. i had the shakshuka, it took 25 minutes to prepare, and we didn't received half of the food we were promised on the menu, and after having reminded them, we were rudely approached. the shakshuka consists of tin canned tomatoes and is one the most horrible ones i've had in my life. all the waitresses lack basic service awareness.

1  Thank eilonmorav