“No Complaints”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Grand Rapids, MI
“No Complaints”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

As several previous reviewers pointed out: The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are spartan, but not cramped. The view from the 14th floor was wonderful. As an American, it took me a couple days to get used to breakfast, but once I did, it was pretty good. I liked the atmosphere of the lobby.

As of 5 July, the construction was right in front of the hotel entrance. That made entering and leaving a bit interesting; but, it didn't bother me. During our stay, they were replacing the bricks in the sidewalk. I was actually very impressed at how quickly they worked. I expect that, by now, the construction is a block or more down the street. If you have a car, construction could make things difficult; otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

The staff was reasonably friendly, and, unlike other reviewers, I did not have any trouble communicating in English with the staff.

One reviewer used the term "Little Russia" to describe the neighborhood. That is an accurate impression. Walking around, I saw and heard as much Russian as Hebrew. During the day, the neighborhood is very busy and somewhat crowded; but, I never felt unsafe.

My only word of caution about the hotel is that it is not near any of the tourist parts of town. It is a 15 minute walk to the German Colony and Baha'i Gardens, and a 20 minute walk to the train station. As a result, I think it is slightly over-priced. Also, most of the restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute walk close between 8 and 9. For $10 to $20 more a night, you can stay in the German Colony or at the top of Mt. Carmel. In my opinion, that would be $10 well spent.

Room Tip: If you don't mind waiting for the elevator, the view from the higher floors is really neat.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank gvlaker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The room is very basic. Clean but not spotless.
The breakfast is average.
No parking, you have to pay 20 IS per entrance in a privet
parking
The curtains are too short so the sun is in early in the morning

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank orly_11
Andalucía
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Average hotel. You pay what you get. Breakfast is fine and rooms are ok (all rooms have great views). It's located on a interesting street, with lots of shops and some restaurants. It is specially interesting because the hotel don't have restaurant (just cafe for breakfast), what it rather uncomfortable if you arrive late and most restaurants in the street are already closed (they close rather early).

On the not so good side, the Internet connection is free, but not every floor has an wi-fi Access Points. So, if you are not lucky (as my case), I have to seat near the entrance door of my room to get only low-speed connection (in the room table or bed no connection at all). Sometimes I even had to so to the lobby because I have to download some files and it took ages ...

As for the staff, most of them didn't speak English well (just basic Questions: "get me a taxi", "I want to check out", ...). And they were not specially kind.

To end with, there was some noise in my room overnight. I asked other guests and they had the same. It seems that the air conditions are a bit noisy. You can sleep, but it would be better not to have that noise.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ElPantera
London
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed here whilst travelling Israel. First thing to note is that the general area outside the hotel is in chaos due to construction works. You access the hotel through a business centre using an elevator. Staff very helpful at reception. Rooms are very clean and quite modern. If you can, get a room that is high up (it's an extremely tall building); the view of the port and the city is amazing. Good wifi connection. Only down side for me was no bar/restaurant to speak of although plenty of places to go in the area if you avoid sabbath and religious holidays and there is the usual emergency McDonalds within 5 minutes if all else fails.
One nice touch is that on every floor when you exit the lifts there are bookshelves full of all sorts of books!

Room Tip: If your driving, get yourself up to Acre - old port is amazing.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Paddyduf
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

everyone at the hotel was incredibly helpful and welcoming and recommended we park in the garage, which also was easy to get to, once we figured out all the one way streets. Hotel not the most conveniently located but the view from the 14th floor room was spectacular. We got to breakfast at the end of serving time and items looked a little tired, but there was plenty of yogurt and fruit.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms have great views of haifa harbor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mas47
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2012

When we stayed at this hotel the street was under construction (six months ago, so hopefuly it is complete by now), aside from having to make a couple circles with the gps it didn't bother us. It was very clean, with a very comfortable bed. I wasn't a fan of the area, it was like being in little Russia (if I wanted to go to Russia I would go to Russia). It was about a 15 min drive to various tourist attractions malls, beach in Haifa, and I would of like an area that I could walk around and enjoy a little more. Parking was underground, but if you came late you had to buzz and wait for a guy to come open the garage door, one night we had to call the hotel because he couldn't hear the buzzard.
Overall, it was a nice place, but next time I stay in Haifa I would pick a different area.

Room Tip: Get a view overlooking the coast!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leeleewan
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our 11 day stay at the Theodor Hotel was splendid. The staff was so friendly and accomodating, they were alway willing to help us when needed all we had to do is ask. They even packed us breakfast when we needed to leave early.
We fefinitely feel lucky because we met many people on our pilgrimage who paid less and some even paid more and did not get the same service we did.

The only issue was the construction that was going on outside, but that was not the hotel's fault.
If you are looking a nice simple hotel with an amazing staff- this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have a breathtaking veiw of the city. Call to see if constuction is completed...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple