“Ingeniously designed”

1926 Apartments Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 28 July 2014

When we selected the accommodation by its affordable price, we thought we will find only a place to lay the head down for the night. The surprise was so pleasant when we found a warm, cozy and tastefully furnished place and welcoming people, where we felt like awaited friends.
Everything is clean, carefully thought out to fulfill diverse expectations. All the necessary kitchen facilities, cold milk in the fridge, sweets from the plate, Katren’s attention and the warmth and humor of Moshe, the manager, make you fill like coming back as soon you left.
In the lobby you can permanently receive quality information or simply have a chat with Moshe. You can treat yourself with coffee or chill water and listen to good music.
The building has three staircases, each with different features and decorations think and it is impossible not to cover all tastes. Its location is excellent, five minutes’ walk from the train station, three minutes from the Carmelite (Metro), and ten minutes’ walk from the Ben Gurion Boulevard and its surrounding bohemian area of the city. The neighborhood is full with places to eat, including two Romanian restaurants. Weekly, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, street social events are taking place on the streets close the hotel and people are having fun dancing, singing and exercising.
Thanks Moshe, Thanks 1926 Designed Apartments!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have to travel to Israel quite a lot to take care of family business. I had stayed at other places. This was my first time at 1926. I most definitely would stay again! I had originally booked a room in the side with no stairs but was upgraded without extra cost to the building with the elevator - a boon for someone as tired as I have been. The room was like a small apartment, with a balcony. It overlooked the square with the Sangria Restaurant. Yes, there were concerts Thursday nights but the insulation for the room was enough to dampen the loudness. I actually enjoyed falling asleep to the music!
Moshe was wonderful!! I had so much business to deal with and he guided me on where to go and how to do certain things. He literally guided me around the first day and showed me where the grocery stores and restaurants were in the area. I met two other staff as well, over the course of my stay, and both were also extremely helpful.
The kitchen was well stocked. I fell in love with the instant coffee flavor that it had, as well. I was able to cook everything I needed. I love that they came in to clean and restock things every few days. I hadn't had that experience at a different apartment hotel.
The only downside was that the wifi was unstable. That said, unless it is needed for work, then it shouldn't be a focus of whether or not to stay at 1926.
The transportation is very easy from 1926. The train is walking distance and there's a "ring-road" bus that stops at most major places, including the train and central bus station. Again, Moshe and his staff helped with how to get around using public transport.
I love this place and since I must return periodically to take care of family issues, I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Really nice apt/room near train station and convenient to many sites. They put out a bunch of little snacks, which my kids ate in about two seconds. Very affordable. Cable tv. Fridge. Great deal. Food in area, though most places close around six. Ice cream shop to ten

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I liked my stay at 1926 Design Hotel. It's a congenial place with comfortable rooms that are spotlessly clean. In particular I found the rate to be very fair, as I have found Israel to be an expensive place to travel around. While breakfast isn't included, the room had a nice kitchenette with dishes and cutlery and the fridge was stocked with milk and water, so it's easy enough to make one's own. Alternatively, the hotel has a deal with the restaurant across the way to serve breakfast at a slightly reduced cost. I ate the breakfast there once and it was definitely good. Wifi worked well and there were some English channels on TV.

The owners of the hotel clearly care about their property and care about the opinions of their guests. Moshe spent some time assuaging my worries about the newly intensifying rocket attacks on Israel. He very patiently answered all my questions and gave sound advice. Not only this, but he sent an email after my stay asking for my opinion and improvements.

The only thing to be aware of is that on Thursday nights there seems to be concerts happening on the street below the rooms. While really fun (especially when you get a balcony for a front row seat), it does make for a very loud, late night. The sound in the room with windows shut was over 100 decibels. Yes, I geeked out and measured it with my iPhone. It was very loud - for over two hours. So beware. Perhaps before booking, inquire about whether or not there will be any concerts during your stay if you're looking for a quiet night. Despite this I'd definitely recommend this place and I'd definitely go back (though I'd avoid Thursday nights after a long flight from Canada).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in Haifa for one night. Our room was very spacious, clean and cozy.
It was kitchenette in room with water, fridge and kettle, very useful and pleasantly after long hot day!

This nice hotel placed on pedastrian street, so if you travel by car, you'd better be prepared to find a parking and a place to stay while unloading.

Everything was fine, thank you! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cute, very clean apartment hotel located in the lower part of Haifa. We stayed only one night but if you are looking for a good budget accommodation and do not require all the facilities of a hotel, I would recommend 1926 Apartments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I spent two nights at the 1926 and I have been very pleased. I booked the most basic room but it was more the size of a small apartment and had a kitchen. For what it was, the price was extremely reasonnable. I had never stayed in the lower city and it was the opportunity to discover it and enjoy it. I highly recommend this hotel.
It is very close to one of Haifa's train stations (Merkaz hashemona).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business