“great rooms in downtown haifa”

1926 Apartments Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Haifa
Jerusalem, Israel
“great rooms in downtown haifa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great apartments in downtown Haifa.
very big rooms, clean, kitchenette with all the amenities, cable TV and air conditioning.
Great value for price!
Staff (moshe) addressed all our concerns!
we will happily stay at 1926 again!

Room Tip: we stayed in the habitat rooms - very recommended!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

It was good, room is clean and affordable, close to train station. Worth staying and the staff is friendly, we love it and very appreciate their good and clean room. Definitely will stay there again in the future.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We only stayed one night, but rented two rooms, one for my wife, child, and me and one my mother-in-law. The places were spotless, roomy, and well appointed. The view from our studio was lovely, overlooking the pedestrian mall; my mother-in-law's room overlooked an abandoned building with roosting pigeons, which I thought was kind of cool, but which she, I think, thought was kind of gross. Anyway, it was a very comfortable and affordable place to stay. Street parking was easy, though you have to pay after 9 am. It's pretty close to things, though maybe not walking distance. We had a car. They left us water and milk and snacks, and there was a huge refrigerator and plates and silverware, so you could save even more money if staying for a long time. My only complaint was there weren't any paper towels, not much of a complaint really, all things considered. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place, though the neighborhood is gentrifying, in a good way, and some folks who are accustomed to more upscale neighborhoods might not appreciate the character.

Room Tip: The premiere studio facing the pedestrian walk way has a nice little balcony, worth a couple of extr...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TomChattanooga
Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We selected location with affordable price and we'd select the place again! Nice downtown area, very comfortable, well equiped & clean room and very friendly manager. Thank you Moshe for your warm welcome and all your help exceeding your duties.

Room Tip: If you travel by car be carefull - your GPS may not be updated.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

When we selected the accommodation by its affordable price, we thought we will find only a place to lay the head down for the night. The surprise was so pleasant when we found a warm, cozy and tastefully furnished place and welcoming people, where we felt like awaited friends.
Everything is clean, carefully thought out to fulfill diverse expectations. All the necessary kitchen facilities, cold milk in the fridge, sweets from the plate, Katren’s attention and the warmth and humor of Moshe, the manager, make you fill like coming back as soon you left.
In the lobby you can permanently receive quality information or simply have a chat with Moshe. You can treat yourself with coffee or chill water and listen to good music.
The building has three staircases, each with different features and decorations think and it is impossible not to cover all tastes. Its location is excellent, five minutes’ walk from the train station, three minutes from the Carmelite (Metro), and ten minutes’ walk from the Ben Gurion Boulevard and its surrounding bohemian area of the city. The neighborhood is full with places to eat, including two Romanian restaurants. Weekly, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, street social events are taking place on the streets close the hotel and people are having fun dancing, singing and exercising.
Thanks Moshe, Thanks 1926 Designed Apartments!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have to travel to Israel quite a lot to take care of family business. I had stayed at other places. This was my first time at 1926. I most definitely would stay again! I had originally booked a room in the side with no stairs but was upgraded without extra cost to the building with the elevator - a boon for someone as tired as I have been. The room was like a small apartment, with a balcony. It overlooked the square with the Sangria Restaurant. Yes, there were concerts Thursday nights but the insulation for the room was enough to dampen the loudness. I actually enjoyed falling asleep to the music!
Moshe was wonderful!! I had so much business to deal with and he guided me on where to go and how to do certain things. He literally guided me around the first day and showed me where the grocery stores and restaurants were in the area. I met two other staff as well, over the course of my stay, and both were also extremely helpful.
The kitchen was well stocked. I fell in love with the instant coffee flavor that it had, as well. I was able to cook everything I needed. I love that they came in to clean and restock things every few days. I hadn't had that experience at a different apartment hotel.
The only downside was that the wifi was unstable. That said, unless it is needed for work, then it shouldn't be a focus of whether or not to stay at 1926.
The transportation is very easy from 1926. The train is walking distance and there's a "ring-road" bus that stops at most major places, including the train and central bus station. Again, Moshe and his staff helped with how to get around using public transport.
I love this place and since I must return periodically to take care of family issues, I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Really nice apt/room near train station and convenient to many sites. They put out a bunch of little snacks, which my kids ate in about two seconds. Very affordable. Cable tv. Fridge. Great deal. Food in area, though most places close around six. Ice cream shop to ten

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family