“Whether it's your first trip to israel or your sixth”

Zvika Bar Or Day Tours
Ranked #12 of 31 Tours in Haifa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private Tours.Visit Israel is to use all your senses, in order to have a memorable tour.Absorb the unique atmosphere, and the Israeli warmth.Together we will have a wonderful tour.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My fifteen year old granddaughter and I had the great good fortune to travel through the Gallile and Golan with Zvika. It was her first trip to Israel and my sixth and Zvi was able to make it a fascinating and thrilling adventure for both of us.
His enthusiasm, humour and depth of knowledge about history and obvious love of the land made every moment a pleasure. He did not give a "canned" tour, taking us from one tourist spot to another but did it in a way that we felt very much experiencing a little slice of life in Israel.
I had been looking for an old Yemenite piece of jewellery which is very hard to find these days and after asking in at least a dozen shops he found it for me! I wear it every day now.

There are newer reviews for Zvika Bar Or Day Tours

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What are you looking for in a guide in Israel?

Mature and an experience guide?
Knowledgeable about different religions, not just one?
Currently serves in the reserves in the Israeli army?
Knows a variety of places to eat and visit that are not in the tour guide’s handbook?
Prefers to work with you to customize your visit?
If the weather is bad, like dust storms that prevent seeing much of anything in the Golan-can the guide improvise the itinerary?
Can speak Arabic?
Can speak several languages? English, German, Hebrew, Arabic, French…?
Is knowledgeable about the history of Israel? (We are talking knowing about over 2000 years or more of history!)
Is very knowledgeable about plants (fruits and vegetables)?
Is prompt and reliable?

If you answered “yes” to eight or more of the above, then Zvi is the guide for you!

We couldn't have found a better guide. Zvi was not only flexible, he went above and beyond to make our 4 days of touring Northern Israel just what we wanted. He really pays attention to the needs of who he is guiding. We learned a great deal from him and are thrilled we met him. You will be too!!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Zvika is a terrific tour guide -- exceptionally knowledgeable, passionate about his subject, and very good company (which is very important during long days of sightseeing). Whether the desire was to find the best grilled lamb in Old Jerusalem or to understand the historical, political, and religious cross-currents of the last 3000 years, Zvika delivered. Not least, he completely charmed both of my teenage children and helped make our week in Israel a deeply rewarding family experience.

1  Thank EPLAZ
Reviewed 10 December 2013

my 2 friends and I went on a 2-Day Galilee Tour with a Private Tour Guide - Tsvi Bar Or and I was very pleased with his level of competence as a guide. He is friendly and shows a passionate love for the Land and her history - always urging us not only to travel the land, but to 'feel, taste and revel' in the experience in being in Israel. Stories and facts are always at his finger tips and it was so heart warming to see him regale tale after tale of something that happen in history or his own personal experiences.
I would definitely engage him again if I go back to Israel and will recommend my family and friends to him if they ever were to need a guide.

Esther
Singapore
Visited November 2013

1  Thank E G
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I reviewed Zvi under Private Day Tour guides previously but want to make sure we added our comments to his personal page. On the 17th September we spent all day with zvi from 8.00 am to 7.00.pm travelling from Haifa to Jerusalem. We walked for 7/8 hours with Zvi through mainly Old Jerusalem to the traditional sites but also to those we'd specifically requested like the Garden Tomb. He took us to places that no cruise bus group tour would have ever done & though it was just we 2 plus Zvi, we know that it was worth every $ spent. His knowledge both historical & personal relationships through out the day meant that we were treated to some special places that made this one very memorable day. If we ever get back to Israel Zvi will be our first contact. Bev Russell