“Zvika will add flavour and knowledge to your trip”

Zvika Bar Or Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Nightlife in Haifa
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Private Tours.Visit Israel is to use all your senses, in order to have a memorable tour.Absorb the unique atmosphere, and the Israeli warmth.Together we will have a wonderful tour.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Zvika will add flavour and knowledge to your trip”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hi readers!

We went to Israel for an extended weekend. We took another guide on the first day to Massada and Dead Sea and Zvika for Jerusalem and Bethelem. Zvika made the trip much better in different ways:

First of all he accommodated quite last minute as we only called him 1 or 2 days before Sunday. He arrived with his comfy 8 seater van and water for all of us.
He has a history teacher background so during the short drive he was explaining the roots of what we were going to see that day. This made a huge difference.
He took us to a very cosy non turisty cafe, adorable and suitable priced and after that we head off to Jerusalem.

I have to say that not only he made sure we got to see as much as possible but also he bought little local things for us like the special bread in the market and falafel.. just tiny treats that we were very grateful for. Also he knew everyone around so we didn't have any trouble walking around busy areas.... we even jumped some queues!

All in all I recommend Zvika, he is knowledgeable, he will take care of you and he will make your trip special.

Thanks,

Raquel

Visited June 2014

McMurray, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good Tour of Jerusalem”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I were on a cruise in May that spent 3 days in Haifa. We wanted to do an overnight tour to Jerusalem, then a Galilee tour the 3rd day. I researched many tour guides, narrowed the list to 3, called each to see how they sounded and how we interacted, and selected Zvika as the best match for us. And for a tour of Jerusalem, we couldnt have selected a better guide. He seemed to know everyone, we never waited on lines (he took us in mostly through the exits), and we even got into the room of the Last Supper which was closed for renovations. He is personable and knowledgeable. We enjoyed our two days in Jerusalem with Zvika. He couldn't tour with us in Galilee because he developed a toothache late on the 2nd day, but he did send a guide friend to meet us at the ship and take us on the tour. His name was Aryeh and he too was very good. I recommend them both.

Visited May 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Golan Tour”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We booked Zvi for a half day tour of the golan. He understood exactly our requirements and gave us an amazing, interesting and very personal tour of the area.

we really enjoyed the day. He is very knowledgeable and interesting. Thank you for a memorable tour.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank K R
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Zvi Bar Or Makes The Difference”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I decided it was time to take our two adult daughters for their first visit to Israel. Our friend and travel agent told us that she knew of a guide that she believed would be a great match for our family. His name is Zvi Bar Or. We spent 7 days with Zvi, and I can honestly and unequivocally say that he made a wonderful difference in our experience and the memories we weaved during our trip. Zvi is extremely knowledgeable about Israeli history, culture, life, customs, restaurants, and more. He is warm, welcoming and wise. I know that Zvi personalized our time together according to our family's interests. We are all cooks and really wanted to learn how to make the great hummus and tabbouleh that we had sampled under Zvi's expert guidance to just the right restaurants. There were no cooking classes that we could find because it was Passover week in Israel. Zvi has a huge network of friends of all religions and cultures and arranged for a demonstration class in the home of a Bedouin family where we learned to make the best of all hummus and tabbouleh dishes in the private home of this delightful family with their extended family who came to meet us. This was one of the highlights of our trip! Everyday we spent with Zvi was important, well worth our time and filled with information. We learned so much because of him. We also took some of Zvi's life lessons with us to incorporate into our own thinking. Making a decision is a process for our family! We like to weigh every detail before we make a decision...a process that often takes too much time and too much energy. Zvi would say to us, "It's only a decision." We have already used this phrase dozens of times after we left him when we got mired in the details of our decision making! I look forward to returning to Israel and spending more time with Zvi because by the time we parted he felt like a dear and close family friend - one that should continue to be part of our lives! Michelle B

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Michelle B
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whether it's your first trip to israel or your sixth”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My fifteen year old granddaughter and I had the great good fortune to travel through the Gallile and Golan with Zvika. It was her first trip to Israel and my sixth and Zvi was able to make it a fascinating and thrilling adventure for both of us.
His enthusiasm, humour and depth of knowledge about history and obvious love of the land made every moment a pleasure. He did not give a "canned" tour, taking us from one tourist spot to another but did it in a way that we felt very much experiencing a little slice of life in Israel.
I had been looking for an old Yemenite piece of jewellery which is very hard to find these days and after asking in at least a dozen shops he found it for me! I wear it every day now.

Visited March 2014