“Great rooms, small bathroom”
Review of Haddad Guest House

Haddad Guest House
Haddad Guest House
Ranked #15 of 21 Haifa B&B and Inns
Amman, Jordan
“Great rooms, small bathroom”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The rooms are spacious and clean, there's even a micro-kitchnette in the room. the bathroom was terribly small, but otherwise, it's in great location and affordable prices. the owners look after the guest house, they are very nice and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a big bathroom
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nemat M

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family went on a trip to Israel and my sister reserved us all at this hostel type place. From the beginning it was just subpar. The only positive thing in the whole place is the entrance/lobby, from then on, it was just dismal. First there is no elevator, so you have to lug your bags and luggage up and down, a couple of flights of steep and narrow stairs. The rooms are decent size, but in the 10 days we ended up staying there I think they only changed the sheets once (at our insistence). The toilet had a leak from underneath (I think it was sewage), and when I told the owner about it, what he did was deny that it was sewage and just stick a towel under the toilet, and they'd change that every day! The sink also was leaking. We would have left the first night, but my family insisted that we stay. They're supposed to give you cooking implements, yeah right! A couple of beat up pots and pans were all that was available, so we never were able to make our own meals. I won't bother going on with the list of problems in this place. Last time I let anyone else make a reservation for me. Of ALL of the places I've been to in my life, this is by FAR the worst. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. They should get their license revoked for sanitary problems. I know someone who went there a year later and they STILL hadn't fixed the bathroom leaks! Instead they were worse and he was still putting the towel under the toilet! The owner is definitely a disgusting and cheap man.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Babak K

Travellers are raving about these Haifa hotels

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My cousin and I stayed at the Haddad Guest House for 9 nights while we were on pilgrimmage. Mr. Haddad was so very helpful to us, beginning with having his son and another young man help us to find the parking area and then they even carried in all of our belongings. Mr. Haddad was also there with helpful suggestions for whatever needs we had. This is a quiet place on a lively street with lots of restaurants and drinking venues. But we were never kept awake by the nightly activity. The rooms are modest but we had all we needed since we spent all of our time away from the room. I would definitely stay there again! Carol Mantel

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol M
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

it is a nice little hostel. It is very clean and the owner is very kind. I totally recommend this place

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband & I went for 10 days spiritual retreat to Haifa and booked Haddad Guest House.
Our experience is that place is horrified. a) It is very dirty and they do not clean any thing, dish rack was full of dust and lent, dishes were dirty and kitchen did not have pots but lots of lead!
They did not clean the sheets and towels and those gave it to us was old and not washed properly, Toilet bowl had cracked and sewage from that crack was covering the floor and when complain, they only argue with us. This is not a place to go, you can stay in Hostel and I think it will be better than this horrify place. No place to wash your close there either, but we paid $90/night and they asked upfront CASH!! I hope no one ever have our experience.

Room Tip: Just don't go there, my best advise
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Hadad guest house is located in a central place in down town of Haifa . it is a family rounded guest house it is in the heart of Haifa nigth activity.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family