“Beautiful location on the water”

Leonardo Plaza Hotel Haifa
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel has a wonderful location on the water of the Mediterranean Sea. There is a variety of rooms available. I traveled with a group and we all had different accommodations. I had a standard room with a small couch and window overlooking the beach. There was a full wall of window so we could enjoy the view. Wonderful to wake up to every morning. We had beautiful weather during our June trip with no rain and beautiful blue sky every day. High near 90 F. Others had suites with either one or two bedrooms, full living area, bar area, and one bathroom. Most with lovely views overlooking the water. Could never get Wi Fi, even in the lobby. Our group was greeted with a warm welcome including a glass of wine in the lobby upon arrival. The breakfast and dinner buffet was good and served in a large modern dining room. Long serving hours at your convenience.. Make sure you bring adaptors for recharging your phone, camera, hair dryer, etc. Phones and laptops don't need a converter but your hair dryer and straightener do. I burnt out my hair dryer even with a converter so would suggest you buy a travel dryer that converts or use the one in the hotel. I used it and it worked out fine for me. Very nice shampoo, conditioner, and lotions in the room. Had several pillows to choose from. Nice shower with full curtain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
miribijawy, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. It's our main goal to make our guests happy. We are doing our best to make our guest to feel welcomed .
I can assure you, your comments have been taken on board for further attention by our GM and management.

Best regards,
Miri bijawy

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very nice hotel. Warm stuff and plenty food.
A special lady called Miri is always there for every one.
Close to the beach.
The south rooms are lovely.
Ask for rooms with balcony. A small one but nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
miribijawy, P.A.General Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review.
We will be happy to see you again in the near future.
Best Regards,
Miri Bijawy

Reviewed 14 June 2014

we stayed in this hotel on June 2014, a little far from the city but right on the beach.
Great food, lots of Variety.
Friendly staff
There are 2 building - Almog and Pnina, We stayed at Pnina, I think it's better than Almog

Room Tip: Pnina Tower is better than Almog
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
miribijawy, P.A General Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm regards,
Miri Bijawy

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here before, and again enjoyed my stay. Staff are warm and friendly, service was prompt, room was lovely with feminine touches even in bath...Sunset from room breathtaking and location right on shore allowed for morning jog by the Mediteranean coast for the spirts enthusiast. Right off Haifa coast road so you can get anywhere in a jiffy including the quaint German Colony for a bit of shopping or a drink at one of the cafes in a historic refurbished German Colony Templar home...Mt. Carmel minutes away!
The hotel GM and her staff always make us ferl like we're home!
All in all, got real value
for my money, in Haifa the place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am an easy going traveller but we stayed here with our family and the service was terrible and the hotel is dirty. Cutlery was not clean and the lower floors smell like sewage. Had to plug our nose when going to the pool!!
Don't even think about asking about what the sight seeing opportunities are...the front desk staff can't be bothered.
We had a problem with one of our friends... the towel guy tried to come in when she had the do not disturb sign on. Even rang the doorbell!!!! My other friend was shocked when he asked her for a hug. The front desk /management couldn't understand why she wanted her room changed!!!
I could not wait to check out - oh but had to wait because our laundry was over 1 1/2 hours late to be delivered back. They said they would mail it to us.... yeah, right!
I don't trust the security of this hotel after our experience and the manager would not even come to the front desk when checking out to discuss anything.

Room Tip: a tip to help travellers.... choose a room at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ElisaLauren
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had very uncomfortable stay at this hotel. The receptionists were extremely haughty and offensive. The man who came to clean the rooms every day did come in even with the card said "Do not disturb". He started to ask me where came from and so forth even though I didn't want to talk with him. I felt very uncomfortable and even felt horror. I told things had happened to me to my friends, and we went to the hotel manager and explained what happened and asked for changing my room. However, he didn't seem to take it seriously and didn't change my room. Can you imagine what he said to us? "The guy finished his today's work and went back home. I took key from him, so he can't go into your room." So I had to stayed in same room for the night. I locked all the key and whenever I heard any sound outside of my room, I went to the door and checked from the spy hole, so I couldn't sleep well. It was lucky because I had only one night left to stay, so next morning, I checked out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank CHTO2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Enjoyed a weekend stay at the hotel last week with my family and had a great time at the hotel.

We were given a lovely room with terrific views of the med sea. The location is really super. On the beachfront boulevard in a part of Haifa I didn't even know existed. its quite a 'pumping' area with locals enjoying the beach air day and night. The food was of a high standard and particularly enjoyed the carved meat section. Miri the guest relations manager seemed to be available 24 hours a day making sure all went well.

All in all thoroughly recommended for leisure and business travelers alike.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family