“Excellent stay”
Review of Dan Panorama Haifa

Dan Panorama Haifa
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in June 2014 and was delighted with every aspect of our stay. Good position for Carmelite and strolls along the Louis Promenade for views of Haifa and the Bahai gardens.

Staff were friendly and attentive and all requests were dealt with promptly. Room was modern and spacious, clean and comfortable. We ate in both the bar for 'milky food' and the restaurant for the 'meat' buffet and found both to be excellent. Dining staff were extremely helpful and efficient.

Cannot fault this hotel for amenities and welcoming staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Panorama Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear EXPLORER008,
Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging review; it is always great to hear from our contented guests and I thank you for taking the time to share.
We're delighted you so enjoyed the hotel, location, food and amenities and that the dedicated team took good care of you during your stay.
We'll be sure to share your commendations with the whole team as it is comments such as these that make the hard work all worthwhile.
Looking forward to the next time to welcome you,
best regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed at the DP Haifa for 8 weeks with work and this is my second stay with the hotel.
My work has long varied hours that can change last minute. This is made much easier thanks to the all the staff being professional and willing to help no matter the circumstances.

The reception team are always happy to help and I'm greeted with a friendly smile no matter the time of day. Cheers for the support Gal.
Breakfast is completely different to what I'm used to back home but never the less its a fantastic spread with a good healthy choice.
All meals ordered from the menu have been of good standard and no complaints. There is more than what is shown on the menu so ask the staff what you would like.
If you still feel like an extra snack the business lounge is open till 2300.

This hotel is perfect for me and my colleagues to stay whilst here working.

The only down side is the weekends when Shabbat is on. There is an influx of people and lots of religious stuff going on.
I found it easy to get on with the Israeli way of life and if it really does bother you there are plenty of other restaurants and places to visit on Saturday.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will make sure my company continue to use DP Haifa.

Thanks again to all the staff including Gal, Albert and all the girls working the bar.

Room Tip: Get a high room especially over the weekend. It get busy with families.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Skygod77
DanHotelsIsrael, Front Office Manager at Dan Panorama Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Skygod77,
Thank you for sharing your experiences following your extended stay with us; we too have felt as if we have become family and always look forward to welcome you home.
We're so happy you have found comfort at the Dan Panorama Haifa, enjoying our breakfasts and learning about the various religious rituals of Jewish life.
We'll be looking forward to the next time to welcome you, just let us know when!
Best regards and many thanks again,
Avishag Ran,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is the 5th time i am vising Israel and 5th time staying in Dan Panorama too.
it is good to stay in Dan panorama on isreal working days.
But on weekends it is not comfort for foreigners since lot of local people occupy the entire hotel and all the things are closed because of shabat.

Also unfortunately this time i stayed during pessah which is for 8 days and this hotel handled this for two weeks whereby we wont get any rice or bread.

also complete priority is given to local people by the mgmt and foreigners are not handled good.

but in this situation also i managed to stay here because of few staffs who given special care during all my stay.

i want to thank the manager of food and beverages.

special thanks to Albert,Alberto and Dany.

Also i wish to thank Shewer, yarden and other friends in the lobby area.

I must wish my special friend Sanjay who is caring me whenever he see me and it is hard to find such a nice person.

Again thanks to all Dan panorama staff.

But i don't wish to thank the mgmt for this hospitality because even we paid more money we are not considered during shabat or holidays.

in simple Dan Haifa is good for local people during holidays and shabat and it is good on weekdays for foreigners.

Regards,
Regish.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Front Office Manager at Dan Panorama Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear RegishAnand,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts following your stay with us; returning guests are the biggest compliment any hotel can have and through loyal guest feedback we are able to develop for the future.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service at all times, so we are so happy that we have been able to make your home away from home.
Do let us know when you;'re due to be returning so that we might be able to find some options of entertainment or dining for you over the Sabbath next time, and we'll all be looking forward to welcome you back soon,
with best regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at the Dan Panorama in Haifa from June 3-6, 2014 and was thoroughly disappointed with the experience. I specifically booked the executive floor for peace and quiet and access to meals/snacks in the business lounge but was told on arrival that the lounge only opened from 5:00pm despite being previously informed that it was available all day. The Dan Panorama website does not mention any restricted hours regarding the business lounge. Though not rude, the front desk clerk was certainly unfriendly and unwelcoming.

Since breakfast was not served in the business lounge, I had to go to the dining room, which was crowded and filled with screaming children, and was led to a table I didn't like but was told there were no others available. Obtaining a coffee was a major challenge made worse when it was subsequently removed from my table when I went to get food from the buffet.

I attempted to speak with GM, Adi Maror, but despite assurances that he would contact me, I never heard from him during my 3 day stay. During a visit to the business lounge that evening, the hostess, a very pleasant young lady, asked about my stay and then called the duty manager, Lior Peri, to hear my concerns. While Mr. Peri subsequently invited me for dinner the following evening, in an attempt to change my perception of the hotel, I was unable to accept as I was attending a family wedding, the reason for my trip to Haifa. After that, I had heard nothing from him or the GM. The GM obviously was not interested in discussing my concerns. I can only conclude that this reflects the attitude of the Dan Hotels and will no longer stay there or recommend them. Conversely, I have only had positive experiences with Crowne Plaza hotels in Israel where the staff are always courteous and the executive lounge serves breakfast, dinner and snacks all day at a room rate equivalent to or cheaper than the Dan Panorama.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
DanHotelsIsrael, Front Office Manager at Dan Panorama Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mr Herbert L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us; it is through comments from our guests that we are able to develop our offerings for the future.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience at all times, so we are always sorry to hear if a guest feels we have fallen short in any way.
While a little late to rectify for you this time, I can assure you your comments have been taken on board for further attention by our GM and management; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
We'd hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved impression, as such, please do contact me directly so that I may assist and monitor your reservation details directly.
with thanks and kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

For a business trip I've stayed two nights in the Dan Panorama. Nice rooms with a magnificent view on the harbor. The beds are great! Very helpful and friendly staff. Wifi is free and works perfectly. Also Dan Panorama serves a very good breakfast buffet. Next time in Haifa I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Hi Jan F-

Thank you so much for you positive review. We are so glad to hear that you had such a great stay here with us and plan on returning upon your future arrivals to Haifa. Our staff makes every effort to provide the best service and offer the finest in amenities within the hotel. Wi-fi internet is free and completely accessible throughout the hotel and in the rooms making it an exceptional addition for our business guests to get the most from their stay here with us. Furthermore, breakfast is the most important meal of the day which is why we provide such a delicious and mouth-watering breakfast to help you start your day on the right foot.

Again, it was such a pleasure to know that was a great stay for you and we can't wait to see you on your next visit.

Take care.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for two night on weekend. Old build, but clean and nice room, very comfortable. Excellent Mediterranean food, attentive service. Very nice water pool. Near hotel very nice promenade with view on Haifa port.
Personal is very etiquette with assist approach.
I would like recommend this hotel, but be aware about parking lot - there is no reserved place even you buy multiple entry/exit ticket.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sasha N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us; it is through guest feedback that we are able to develop and monitor our services.
We're delighted that you were comfortable during your stay and enjoyed all the amenities our hotel has to offer, like the pool and expensive breakfasts.
It is great that you appreciated the hotel location just a shame that there were some issues with our 'first-come-first-served' parking lot.
At times, we are able to assist in holding parking spaces for guests when given prior notice.
We'd hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and invite you to join our e-dan club via our website for great deals and discounts throughout the chain.
with best regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would recommend this hotel for as the view from this hotel is stunning. Overall clean and simple rooms with no frills. Comfortable beds and good breakfast spread. Good and attentive service from the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Front Office Manager at Dan Panorama Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Hi Ben N,

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay at Dan Panorama Haifa. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the magnificent view from the hotel as well as the cleanliness of the rooms. Our staff works hard at providing a pleasant environment for all of our guests. The service is key to enhancing your stay and we are proud of our friendly and courteous staff that treats each and every guest with the utmost respect.

If in the future you may need anything, please feel more than welcome to contact me.

Thanks so much.