“Disappointing”

Dan Carmel Haifa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel during the weekend for a meeting between 27-28 of June
On Friday 27 th at 13:00 when I wanted to go in my room just for five minutes the cleaning lady wanted to come to clean. I explained to her that I need several minutes and I will go out but she said she is leaving and not coming back. So nobody did my room that day
Next day I had an appointment for a massage ( that by the way they are really overpriced in this hotel) just to find the spa closed . So I had to ask the reception to open it and everything was delayed for half hour not to mention that nobody told me that they are doing restaurant ion in the spa. So it was dusty and unpleasant
The food is good but no so good or special
In one word not worth the money

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gheona A
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Gheona A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us; it is through guest feedback that we are able to monitor and develop our services.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and experience at all times, so it is always a regret to hear if we fall short in any way.
While a little late to rectify in time for this stay, we have been sure to take on board comments made in a bid to ensure of no further re-occurrences of this nature; thank you again for highlighting this experience to us.
We'd certainly hope another opportunity to welcome you for a more improved impression, as such, I invite you to be in touch with me directly prior to your next stay so that I may monitor your reservation details personally.
With thanks and kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was the first time for my family in this hotel we all liked it but unfortunately the weather was very cold even though we had fun.
The hotel from inside wonderful the room gorgeous I really liked it.
Hope to visit it again in summer.

• Stayed: November 2013
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear razuna !
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
I hope to see you among our guests this summer and I am sure you will be able to enjoy our
new renovated swimming pool.
Please make sure to join the E Dan Club before your next stay for great deals and discounts through the chain.
Waiting to see you in Haifa again,
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I are staying in the Dan Carmel almost every year for at least 20 years - some times for more than two weeks. The Hotel was almost a run down hotel until 2 years ago when all rooms were renovated. The rooms are elegant and those facing the north side of the Hotel have a beautiful view of the Bay of Haifa. The staff is very friendly and the service is excellent. We are always having breakfast in the room and the variety is nice. The executive lounge is very elegant but the food selection and wine selection is limited. The outdoor pool is very nice too.
A few negatives: The SPA and the Gym are still at the run down stage and are not worth a visit. The Hotel CRM system is non-existent. There was never a welcome gesture in the room when we check in. Avoid weekends - the hotel is full with groups; typically corporate employees and the Hotel becomes noisy and service deteriorates. For $450 per night for a regular room I would expect a Nespresso machine in every room especially when you cant get an espresso during Shabbath.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms facing the Bay of Haifa. The floor doesn't matter as the Hotel is located at th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We are returning to the Dan Carmel in August. We hope this will be our best visit yet. We have stayed there many times since the 80s. We have celebrated weddings there and now we are going for a bar mitzvah. This time is even more special because some of my children and grandchildren will be there with us. The accommodations and the staff are simply the best. It's still the grandest hotel in Haifa. We wouldn't have chosen anywhere else, when in Haifa.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bubbema
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Bubbema,
Thank you for your delightful comments and for your loyalty through the years; returning guests are a big compliment for any hotel so it is truly appreciated that you have become family.
We're always delighted to celebrate any special occasions with our guests so thank you for giving us the opportunity and for enabling us to commend our team when it is due.
We'll certainly be looking forward to welcome you back and just advise to make sure you join the e-dan club for great deals and discounts throughout the chain on every stay.
With very best regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed for a weekend, on a business trip.
Because I was with a large group I will only review the relevant issues:

Overall very pleasant, including staff.
Breakfast was tasty, rich salads and bread.
I got a very nice room, one of the renovated ones, hope they will make them all like mine.
They cleaned it frequently and well.
Sheets, towels and mattress were extra dreamy-soft... :)

I decided to pamper myself with a massage (as I always when I'm on vacation) and as one who is VERY experienced with spa treatments and massages I must say it was AWFUL.
Seriously, I will not complain on the expensive price but the experience was horrible.
- the spa place is filthy
- the masseur smelled like Marlboro, looked and behaved like a beast and would not shut up.
- the telephone ring and talking noise from spa reception was heard during the treatment (all "rooms" -more like cells- had a thin door)
- to top it all off, when finished I wanted to get the hell out of there, and while I got dressed the impotent spa-receptionist girl opened my door to let in the next victim (or client).

When I got out I heard a couple arguing about the treatment, I totally believed them.

bottom line:
great for a good night sleep and hot shower but stay the hell out of the so called "SPA".

Room Tip: If you have a TV in the bathroom mirror, you got the renovated room ;)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank danatm
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've stayed at all of the big hotels in Haifa over the past 5-6 years, and the Dan Carmel is the best one. It's a bit further from Carmel City Center than its sibling Dan Panorama, but only about 3 minutes extra walk - not much!

The room was excellent, though some of the furniture (the couch) seemed a bit dated in terms of style. The bed had a very comfy foam mattress, and the bathroom was fully updated and highly functional, including a separate shower stall and bathtub. The room was quite large, too, and very quiet even though it was facing a busy street. My room was on the side opposite Haifa Bay, but had a view of the Mediterranean (not Bahai Gardens). If you want the Bahai Gardens view, you might be able to switch; I didn't try since there are many other ways to see it.

The breakfast at the Dan Carmel is excellent, though I was disappointed by the lack of the usual omelet station. Still, an impressive Israeli breakfast with a wide range of fruits, salads, fish, cheeses, and breads. You can easily skip lunch if you eat breakfast here.

I was here on business, and got an excellent rate for the room; not sure if it's generally available, but the room was a great value for me.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank santacruzer_95060
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here one night as part of a land tour. Had a room (810) over looking the Baha'i Shrine and the harbor. Wonderful views of city from the room, which was very comfortable. Breakfast as A+ as were all the Israeli breakfasts. Wish we had more time to explore the city.

Room Tip: #810- city and harbor views; overlooks the Baha'i Shrine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple