“A Very Good Choice”

Dan Carmel Haifa
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
“A Very Good Choice”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and the value was very good.

I had a view of the shoreline and the view is beautiful.

The breakfast is very good. We did not have any other meals here.

The room is very nice and the room and the environs is well kept.

The service at the front desk is excellent and very welcoming.

If you are going to Haifa and you are not looking for a luxurious hotel I can not think of a better hotel to stay at where you can expect consistency of performance.

Room Tip: Get a shoreline view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Carol S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts; guest feedback is invaluable in our development.
Your review was a delight to read and we're honored that you returned to us; returning guests are a big compliment for any hotel. It is very special to us when guests marvel at the service we provide so we will be sure to pass on your commendations; thank you for enabling me to give credit where it is due.
Looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you,
best regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Dan Carmel was the first 5 stars hotel in Haifa and has recently been renovated; it has an excellent location and if you insist on getting a room with a view to the north (bay view) rather than a city and sea view - you will benefit from one of the most beautiful views for any hotel in Israel and in the world. The room itself is spacy with fantastic bathroom with both shower and bath; breakfast and food in general is very good and the swimming pool is great.
The hotel is very suitable for business and leisure and is also children-friendly, maybe pet too. Garage parking is relatively inexpensive, yet you have a free parking area 150 meters away form the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Ari1222,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts; it is always good to hear from such contented guests.
We're delighted you appreciated our new refurbished rooms and the breathtaking views from almost every window, as well as the overall hotel amenities and facilities.
We'll be looking forward to welcome you back soon and just advise, to join the e-dan club prior to your next stay for great deals and discounts throughout the chain.
With thanks and best regards,
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I just returned fro a 11 day stay in Haifa. As Baha'i pilgrims we stayed at the Dan Carmel for 11 nights (my 2nd stay at this hotel) and we had a marvelous time. The rooms have been renovated and everything is very modern, clean and well maintained. We had a lovely view of the Baha'i Shrine and gardens, and every night we could watch the Shrine all lit up from our room.
The bed was very comfortable, there was a lot of storage and we basically had everything we needed. On our first night, we were presented with chocolate and water as a gift. The room was very clean every day and when we returned late at night, the light was turned on for us.
The breakfast was amazing (my husband misses that already), and the staff was always very helpful (Mr. Yossi always greeted us with 'more coffee').
The location of the hotel is great; many days we walked up or down the Baha'i terraces.
We loved our stay at the Dan Carmel, and hope to stay there again on our next pilgrimage in a few years. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Hedi9,
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words; it is so important to us to hear from our guests in a bid to maintain our high service standards.
We are familiar with our Ba'hai pilgrim guests and look forward to welcoming them year after year; thank you for joining this year and we will be looking forward to welcome you back next time.
With best regards,
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and i spent 3 nights at the Dan Carmel Hotel in Haifa. Let me begin by saying that the ambiance, cleanliness, location, room decor and personnel were outstanding. The patio overlooking the promenade and Haifa Harbor are good for the soul.

Now let me share an amazing story: We arrived on the morning of Tuesday, June 24 with my husband on crutches following a fall in Tel Aviv which tore a tendon resulting in a groin to ankle straight leg cast. As we entered the hotel, we were immediately offered help by the House Manager whose name was Dorina. I cannot begin to thank this guardian angel who helped with bags to keep the cast dry for showers and went on to battle El Al Airlines to permit us to upgrade our flight home while gathering all necessary medical forms El Al required from the emergency room doctors but which El Al kept misplacing. She worked late on our behalf for several days, finally meeting with success which allowed us to return home this morning for surgery.

I don't know what we would have done without her help, or how we would have gotten through three painful days without the beauty and comfort of the environment. ( And the food was good, too.

Thanks to Dan Carmel and heartfelt thanks to a caring and helpful management, particularly Dorina.

Room Tip: Most rooms have lovely harbor views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Niva, Denmark
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice hotel, a little old at planes but good service and nice view.. Only 5 minutes walk center of the town on the hill, and nice restaurants.
Gym is really small, else I did not try any of the facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed in the hotel during the weekend for a meeting between 27-28 of June
On Friday 27 th at 13:00 when I wanted to go in my room just for five minutes the cleaning lady wanted to come to clean. I explained to her that I need several minutes and I will go out but she said she is leaving and not coming back. So nobody did my room that day
Next day I had an appointment for a massage ( that by the way they are really overpriced in this hotel) just to find the spa closed . So I had to ask the reception to open it and everything was delayed for half hour not to mention that nobody told me that they are doing restaurant ion in the spa. So it was dusty and unpleasant
The food is good but no so good or special
In one word not worth the money

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gheona A
Dear Gheona A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us; it is through guest feedback that we are able to monitor and develop our services.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and experience at all times, so it is always a regret to hear if we fall short in any way.
While a little late to rectify in time for this stay, we have been sure to take on board comments made in a bid to ensure of no further re-occurrences of this nature; thank you again for highlighting this experience to us.
We'd certainly hope another opportunity to welcome you for a more improved impression, as such, I invite you to be in touch with me directly prior to your next stay so that I may monitor your reservation details personally.
With thanks and kind regards,
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was the first time for my family in this hotel we all liked it but unfortunately the weather was very cold even though we had fun.
The hotel from inside wonderful the room gorgeous I really liked it.
Hope to visit it again in summer.

• Stayed November 2013
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Carmel Haifa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear razuna !
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.
I hope to see you among our guests this summer and I am sure you will be able to enjoy our
new renovated swimming pool.
Please make sure to join the E Dan Club before your next stay for great deals and discounts through the chain.
Waiting to see you in Haifa again,
Hotel Manager.