“Fantastic Experience with a Large Group!”
Review of Dan Gardens Haifa

and 1 more site!
Dan Gardens Haifa
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently stayed here with a group of 50 people and all of us would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable and comfortable place to stay in Haifa, especially large groups! The beds and rooms were clean and comfortable and many of the rooms provide beautiful and unobstructed views of the city and the sea. It is also a conveniently short walk to many restaurants and bars. The provided breakfast was high quality, quite enjoyable, and varied. There was never a shortage of delicious food, coffee, or other beverages. The wi-fi was consistent, fast and available in every single room

The primary reason for my high recommendation is the staff. Every single employee we encountered was incredibly accommodating and friendly. They were more than happy to provide recommendations and discounts for local restaurants and bars and let us use their conference room for meetings and game nights. They met every single request we made during our 5-night stay, and we couldn’t be happier with the service.

Yes, you do have to walk up steps to get to the front door, but I’m sure the employees would help you with luggage, and it’s worth it for the view! Triple rooms varied between three beds, two beds and a cot, a queen bed with an additional single, but all beds were comfortable, and even rooms where a cot was added to make it a triple were still large enough.

It’s not a luxury hotel but it is a great value! No complaints at all, and I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I found all of the staff more than helpful in every way during my recent visit. They went out of their way to provide service . The room was kept clean and the breakfast was fine. I will return here in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Adiva S
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Even though our reservation was cancelled, according to hotels.com, the manager went out of her way to accommodate us and help us find suitable accommodations.

Hotels com left us high and dry , but the manager and staff the Dan Gardens haifa is to be praised for their customer service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elliott L
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This "hotel" was chosen by our group leader who wanted to save some money. There were about 10 of us in the group. A couple managed to check in to the Dan Panorama after they saw the Dan Gardens. Unfortunately, they couldn't accommodate the rest of us. How the reputable Dan chain has anything to do with this property is a complete mystery to me. Fortunately, we only stayed for 3 nights.

I am not a picky person but I would strongly advise spending another $30 or so a night and staying elsewhere. There are three flights of stairs from the street to the front entrance. The room is tiny and shabby. The Management did shampoo the carpet after we complained but did they not know that the carpet was dirty and sticky? The hall carpets are filthy. You cannot get any drinks at the hotel, aside from at breakfast which is very meagre by Israeli standards. The closest coffee shop is a 7-10 minute walk (uphill). The "balconies" in the rooms are a joke -- barely enough room to stand and certainly not deep enough for a chair. I don't think it's more than 12" deep. The TV didn't work.

The only good thing I can say is that there is an outdoor terrace in front of the hotel with a nice view of the bay -- certainly not enough of an incentive to recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank RuthToronto
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It is a rip off ($126 per night) for what you get. the rooms were dirty and noisy. The carpets were stained, the bathrooms faulty. either the shower was broken and leaked from several places, or when I got my room changed, the pressure was down to a trickle. At first, the connecting room was so poorly insulated that I could hear the detailed conversation of the occupants, or their comings and goings, or their TV programmes. The room was also quite cold and it took them 2 days to turn on the heating.
When i got changed, the room was never vacuumed and once when I dropped a piece of orange i was eating, I picked it up and it was covered with hair left there from previous occupants. The bathroom was never cleaned either and there was hair in the drain that blocked it, so I pulled it out (major yuk) and left it on the side, which was not picked up the next day. I told the reception, and then it was picked up, but still the floor of the room and bathroom were never vacuumed.
The manager and the reception staff were very nice and eager to help, but other than changing me to a quieter room, the didn't affect much change.
Also the breakfast was miserable, for those who wrote that it was generous, i'd say, go to Nof hotel (same price) and see the variety of a PROPER Israeli breakfast.

Room Tip: What they said was the standard room was noisy and had the view of the side of the building, the bay...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nedneds
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were treated very nicely, the manager was very friendly and made us feel at home. We came to play a concert in Haifa. We were inspired to wake up to the magnificent view of the Mediterranean sea and the port of Haifa, breakfast was very nice and generous. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room... I think 301, 401
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Love the location and view is charming as well as the service is very good but !!
poor rooms ,not very clean . Seems that they got over renew in a way to get modern and comfy ! Which it is but some of the furniture got stains and holes in it .
I enjoy the location the most it is a great intimate spot for couples it close to all upper great restaurants and Shopping centers , and by the zoo it is fun .....

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple