“Great Romantic & relaxing weekend with my beautiful wife.”

Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

Quiet, relaxing.
Great ... Mmm actually the Best meals and food... More like A fine restaurant.
A good and unique spa place .
Dissent room with a great big king size bed.
The atmosphere is peaceful and its basically a couple hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Spent 2 days in the Resort during a bussiness conference.

The place is located at a secluded spot on Mount Carmel, at one of the most beautiful forests in Israel. The fire disaster, several years ago, is almost unseen. The forest is regenerating itself and apart from the Memorial Place for the casualties of the fire, the green color is ruling.

It is a good place for turning off cell phones and laptops, in order to dedicate some attention to your body and mind. If you are not ready for that, it is not the pace for you!

The restaurant is fantastic, in my opinion one of the best in Israel's hotels. The Menu is rich and fits all taste (except kids, who are not invited anyway).

The Spa is very good as well, with many kinds of treatment possible. For the sport lovers, it is an excellent place for doing some downhill bycicling.

The main disadvantage - it is an expensive place. As a guest of a commercial company I did not have to pay this time, but I am not sure I would come out of my own budget.

All in all, I enjoyed the time and place, did some good treatments for my body (and soul), and had time to do serious thinking too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have an access to the private Sun Balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I live in Israel and recently had a friend from overseas come to stay, and we booked a 2-night getaway for the 2 of us. We've been promising ourselves a spa hotel for years, and it's an added bonus being able to go to a kosher spa here in Israel and really enjoy all the facilities offered.
With the one exception of an extremely rude Turkish hamam attendant (who shouted at us that we had brought towels into the hamam... although it wasn't us), from start to finish we had the most wonderful time, the staff were courteous, friendly and polite, the grounds are magnificent, the facilities are wonderful, the quiet is addictive, the no-cellphone-policy is a G-dsend (as is the no children policy!)... and the food... the food.... the food was just out of this world. Another reviewer complained about the portion sizes but Israeli portions are usually very generous and I found the a'la carte portions perfect, with every mouthful something to be savoured.
Although I had all sorts of plans to join the exercise classes, book a massage, etc, once we got there we were so seduced by the peace and quiet that we just enjoyed the time without overscheduling ourselves... and frankly the solarium quiet room did as much for me as any massage or meditation class. I booked a pedicure on our last day which was wonderful.
Walked out 3 days later floating on air and resolved to go back once or twice a year for a little fix from an extremely busy and stressful life. Can't wait to go back. Would go quite happily on my own with a book next time. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: The rooms with the terraces, overlooking the pool, and absolutely divine. Pay the extra for the balc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The moment you enter this resort you fell something is different.
The staff is very generous & helpful!
You can bundle your stay with reserving a massage (which was luxurious with the amenities along)
There is plenty activities throughout the day (from sport, yoga, etc.)

Worth every penny!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We spent two days with our two adult daughters and we all enjoyed our stay thoroughly.We are used to spa resort and this one deserves its reputation and 5 stars.We experienced impeccable service , from the housekeeping team to the restaurant crew .Sure the building is old but our rooms , with private terraces were super clean and very well appointed.It is not a boutique hotel and the decor is classic, perhaps outdated but impeccably clean.The foyer , or lobby is welcoming and the chimney at night gave it a mountain lodge feel.We took advantage of the fitness class,went on a great early morning walk in the forest , tried new excercise classes, and used our spa allowance. The hot stone massage was perfect and so was the abyanga treatement.The lockers were constantly cleaned and the towels changed.A special note about the food , easily the best we have had in Israel over more than ten years of regular visits.Each meal had a delicious variety of elaborate , ethnic and basic dishes.It is a good thing we only stayed two days or the pounds would have piled up!
The front desk staff , on checking in and out could have been a bit more friendly and courteous ...But I should say that the security team contacted us after they found my daughter's camera left in the room safe ! She is still awaiting her camera but I apreciated the honesty and prompt reaction.
Superb location , great facility , a great escape destination , pricey but has a lot to offer.

Room Tip: well worth having a private terrace, all have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2013

It is always a pleasure to come back to this hotel to - "recharge our batteries".
The hotel is beautifully designed, is very clean and has a lovely fragrance. You can make yourself a cap of herbal tea or fruits for free. Mineral water is also free of charge.
The gardens and surroundings are lovely except for the forest which suffered from a big fire two years ago- it is a sad sight.
The rooms are quiet specious, clean and comfortable.
There are all kind of sport activities and lessons for free.
The spa is very clean, has plenty of towels, soaps, sponges act. It is highly recommended to book spa treatments in advance.
Cellular telephones and smoking are not allowed in the public areas.
We have been there before we will come back again

Room Tip: It is highly recommended to book spa treatments in advance.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amirim
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Our last stay at the Carmel Spa was November 2011 so we wanted to see again how one of the premiere 5 stars hotels in Israel is doing.

One interesting change is that the Carmel Spa membership has been abolished and now one becomes a member of the Isrotel "Sun Club". There are a few differences in the membership plan and in general if you have an existing membership at the Carmel Spa they will automatically move you to the "Gold Club" level.

This time, we decided to try the 6th floor - a slightly cheaper room since I prefer carpeting in the winter to parquet floors. All the more expensive rooms on floors 2-5 have wood parquet floors and only the cheaper rooms on floors 6 & 7 have carpeting (but no porch - which in
the winter is not really needed).

The spa and treatments were wonderful (I highly recommend the Thai massage by Raz) but what destroys the quiet atmosphere is what I term the "day trippers". Usually a group of about 10 employees get a work bonus and get to spend a day at the Carmel spa. You can spot them easily - they will be 7-8 people sitting in the jacuzzi for 45 minutes talking about their work while about 30-40 in the pool area wait for them to leave. Or they will be in the solarium, talking away among each other - ignoring the "please be quiet" signs. Unfortunately, the Carmel Spa staff do very little to correct the situation.

In regards to food, I still have the same complaint about the nouvelle cuisine. For lunch I took the gnocchi. I have ordered it in other places and it usually comes with about 30-40 pieces of gnocchi. Here I got 8 pieces. Very tasty but not what I consider a portion.

Room Tip: 6+7 floor has carpeted floors whereas all other floors have parquet floors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haifa
Bay Club Haifa Hotel - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa
Dan Panorama Haifa
Dan Panorama Haifa
#9 of 28 in Haifa

Been to Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection? Share your experiences!