“hotel menager Call you a lier and the windex is in the hand of the front desk person .. The rest can not be that great !!”

Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Haifa
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's one of the top hotels in Israel. trust me on that rating . however my stay started in awful way. I got to the desk of the reception , nicely pointing type you get to seat while you check in I will say cool spa future. the front desk lady holding a windex yes windex ! Cleaning the glass surface . Okkkk. I am not impressed . Next we move into passport issue as American tourist I am allowed to get free vat but as Israeli the right is taken away even if I am a tourist ! Why? Ask the tourist office. Going back to the sour face in front of me informing me I will not get vat back . Now , I ever really asked for it but she tried to be nice to me . Right. Next the room is not ready and next to it no free wifi as the 1000 dollars charge for three nights will not cover the free wifi. At that point I am disliking the girl and the pr manger get involved . She was nice and polite trying to handle that "hard to handle guest" . I am asking if the pr office ever contact them as I am a blogger in a local on line magazine and I am writing about my visit to the spa hotel. She answered that no she have no notes and I figured ok life . Then the sour face said she is giving me a room not near my friend room which we booked two rooms together . I said "no I want the room next to my friends" . She answered "this the room we have ready otherwise you will need to wait" clearly I wad not happy and she run inside crying which I didn't see the reason. Then come out of the office the hotel manager . She was so rude taking me a side as if I am a criminal accusing me of lying about the call to the pr guy eytan which I did called him. I felt so bad she was saying "well you said you called the pr guy no clue was found that this is the case" in Hebrew it's different but believe me she made me feel as if I am a criminal I wanted to call him she said "not here go out side the hotel we dont use phones in this hotel" I worked at the Dan hotel in tel aviv 36 years ago I know one thing. You ever make the guest feel bad as she did . I guess I am thankful for tripadvisor for allowing guests to share noted about the hotels they stay and put a voice tothe wrong doing . Bad start . The room was holiday inn style with dirty windows . The rest I guess was ok . So far ..
איה ! ההתנהגות שלך היתה מחפירה ואת חייבת לעבוד על יחסי אנוש שלך נפגעתי ממך מעומקי נשמתי כשהאשמת אותי בשקר של הטלפון לאיתן שיש לי ממנו הודעה שמאשרת שאכן דיברתי איתו. קילקלת לי את החוויה .

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank navawritz
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello navawritz,

I am disappointed to read your review and I am sorry you felt you received unfriendly and unfair service from our team. Let me address some of the issues you raised. Regarding VAT Tax, this is a National Law implemented by the Israeli Government. As a business, we apply with all laws required of us.

Carmel Forest Spa, as the name suggests is a Spa Hotel. Our service offering is that of escape, and relaxation. As such the use of mobile phones is forbidden in all of the resort’s premises. This is to ensure that you and all our guests enjoy a peaceful vacation.

Our staff always receives the highest praise from our guests, so to read your feedback on them surprises me. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me direct on hanis@isrotel.co.il.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I spent a long weekend (fri, sat, sun) here with my wife. we stayed in a superior room (3rd floor).

Summary: it was a wonderful weekend. the hotel has such a relaxed and comfortable feel, it almost feels otherworldly in the hectic craziness of Israel. it is expensive, no doubt, but it was certainly worth it. my wife is saying we will make this an annual retreat. I tend to agree.

Rooms: The rooms were actually a bit small. the bathroom was very small. this is not unusual for Israeli hotels and if this was a hotel in eilat I wouldn't say anything. but in the isolation of the carmel forest and for the price that we paid I did expect a bigger room. the room was a bit tired with some very slight chinks in the door frames and whatnot, but it was well furnished and comfortable. also, the piping was ld, so you could hear, if you made an effort, all the water flowing in the pipes. we really spent so little time in the room that this wasn't a major issue regardless.

spa and pool: lovely and clean. great big towels everywhere and helpfeul staff. my wife had two treatments, the body scrub which she was ambivalent about and the deep tissue massage which she loved. the saunas where well kept up and the hamam was a nice middle easterntouch.

restaurant: because you cant really go anywhere for a meal and quite honestly, you don't want to leave the grounds, the hotel is full board. the meals are all nice, with a lot of the meals have a served main course which you order. the only major issue I had was that after a meal I like to have coffee with my dessert. that was in fact impossible here, you had to finish your dessert and then go to the lobby for coffee. that seemed pointless to me.

sports and activities: we participated in several activities. the had the range of less mills fitness classes, we did the body balance and the cx (alexander the instructor was amazing and did the whole class with us, by the end he was sweating too). in addition I did a fitball and core workout with Uri who was very good and very specific, we managed a class with people at very different levels very well. there were 2 lectures, the 1st at 10pm, we missed this and the 2nd about communication in business which was a little monotonic.

staff: the staff, waiters, receptions, spa team, sports instructors were all in line with the quiet and friendly nature of the place. all were professional, helpful and well mannered. I was very impressed

Room Tip: definitely get a room in floors 2-5 which have a balcony. the don't cost much more, and the abil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello Elliott S,

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted to read your relaxing trip away to Carmel Forest was everything you wanted it to be and more. It is great you and your wife sampled all of our service and facility offerings, it sounds like each activity really impressed you and I am thrilled about this.

Thank you for raising the point about not being able to have coffee after your dinner in the restaurant. This is due to our restaurant being Kosher, thus no dairy products are served at dinnertime in the dining room. You will find this is standard practice in all hotels throughout Israel.

Elliott, from all the team we hope to welcome you and your wife back again to Carmel Forest in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

What a wonderful retreat. We spent 3 nights midweek here in the Carmel forest spa. They place is in a beautiful setting up in the mountains and is sublimely quiet, and tranquil. We loved our garden facing room and the food is a real treat. Wonderful fresh salads and delicious mains. All the food is kosher, for us, that is really wonderful. Great hotel, beautiful surrounds, kind and helpful, smiling service and terrific food. We have been here a few times and it never fails to please.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hello Luckyduck16,

It is lovely to hear from returning guests, thank you for writing your review. Our aim is to ensure our guests leave feeling pampered and refreshed, so I am very happy we achieved this once again for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is unique and set in the Carmel forest in northern Israel. It is a private SPA resort surrounded by green views which are not common in Israel and also overlooking the Mediterranean sea which is 15 min. away by car.
The hotel accepts children from 16 years old and over and protects a quiet environment by not allowing phones and smoking in it's facilities.
Lot's of programs to your body and soul are available but it's main highlight is the food and the SPA massages...
An outstanding service which was even improved in our latest stay there.
A perfect getaway for body and mind!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. If you are a couple I suggest an upgrade to those with a private balcony or terr...

Uri_2011,

I am delighted you had a wonderful experience at Carmel Forest. Thank you for mentioning the outstanding massages, service and cuisine. Our staff are trained to the highest level, so it is always lovely to hear our guests paying them praise.

We hope to welcome you back again soon for another relaxing break in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

By far, this was the best way to end our two plus week in Israel. The Carmel Forest Spa is pure pampering and luxury. The rooms were lovely. We even had our choice of pillow to compliment our sleep. We had a beautiful terrace overlooking the forest and in the distance, the Mediterranean. The bath products were wonderful. The service superb. The meals are not what you would expect at a spa, even though you are advised of the calories for each dish. Each meal was sumptuous to the point that you could not even indulge in three meals a day. All kinds of teas are available throughout the day and evening. The piano music in the lobby was wonderful and added a great touch at the end of the day. The spa treatment was extraordinary. Classes were included throughout the day, along with lectures for a healthy life style. The 5K brisk walk in the morning was energizing. I would highly recommend this wonderful experience to anyone visiting Israel, or living in Israel for a quick get-away. It was the completion of an outstanding vacation in Israel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Hello DCVACATION2010,

I am so happy to read your stay at Carmel Forest Spa Resort was the best way to end your trip to Israel. It is so wonderful to hear guests describe their stay as luxurious, sumptuous and extraordinary.

We are delighted to have provided you with professional service and perfect memories. From all the team, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our third time at the hotel, everything was great as usual.
The hotel is fully geared towards adult R&R, no children (minimum age is 16 or 18), no cellphones in common areas, top quality spa and restaurant. All areas are clean and well kept, although slightly dated, a modern but only medium sized gym, sports and other activities during the day. Room size and furnishings are average, all staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
The minor disadvantages are the expensive wifi (shouldn't it be free already?), and the requirement to call a certain phone number at a specific time to make dinner reservations. Some might regard the Saturday (the jewish Shabbat) lunch & dinner as disappointing, but the quality is not lower, only buffet style and without the regular a-la-carte main course.
Pricy, but worth it for those who know what to expect.

Room Tip: Facing the sea of course (West), and if possible away from the service entrance on the Southern side...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hello BB,

Welcome back to Carmel Forest Spa, it is always wonderful to hear from returning guests. It is great to read that everything during your third stay was as fantastic as your first. Your feedback regarding Wi-Fi and the reservation requirements will be taken on board for review.

From all the team, we look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth stay!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

First, the hotel is not in Haifa city, but up in Beit-Oren, around 10km south to Haifa.
The place is really isolated into the woods, so you'll manage to have the great relaxation and quite you wish for when coming to such place.
Food is excellent, spa and massages are really really nice, wine-bar inside is nice, and the entire place is just great!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the private balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Omer P,

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to read everything during your visit was just magnificent. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another relaxing stay.

Sales Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haifa
Dan Carmel Haifa
7 mi away
Dan Panorama Haifa
Dan Panorama Haifa
#10 of 28 in Haifa

Been to Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection? Share your experiences!