Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
US$75
US$70
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoutdoor poolpublic areastotal relaxationrelaxing vacationreading roomturkish hamammain dishherbal teawine barpeace and quietperfect place to relaxgarden roomhealthy foodrooms are comfortablefitness roombottom linespent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Now I understand why, once you reach the Carmel Forest Spa Resort, you don't want to leave. After a white-knuckle drive up the Carmel Mountains, when you step through the doors, you immediately feel the stress dissolve. There is no formal reception desk, but a series of small desks where you have a conversation about spa protocols. Can we help you make a reservation at the spa? What seating would you like for dinner?

Our room was on the top floor, with wall-to-wall carpeting, and fluffy soft towels and robes, slippers, a lighted make-up mirror and a beautiful view towards the Mediterranean. At night, we could see all the way down the coast. The wonderful service began with a knock on the door as we were unpacking: a complimentary Japanese tea service with delightful teas, a heavy Asian-style teapot and cups and rock-sugar on sticks. let the relaxation begin!

As we wandered about the hallways, I noticed countless pieces of art, beautiful bronzes, whimsical papier mache cats wandering up and down a wall, paintings, niches for conversation, gardens with fountains and koi. And the quiet... no cell phones in public areas, no screaming kids.

The food is exquisite, gourmet of the highest caliber. Who would ever dream that chocolate souffles served buffet style would be so beautifully decorated and so delicious? Our minor quibbles... that for such an elegant, upscale resort, it is petty to charge for soft drinks at meals. And that coffee took so long to arrive at breakfast time (no waiter walking around with a coffee pot for immediate refills), but the cappuccino was decorated with a lovely pine tree, logo of the resort.

The indoor pool and hot tub were lovely. Our couples massage brought us to a blissful level of relaxation, and the jacuzzi, fruit plate and apple cider were also lovely. In fact, after our first dinner, we came back to the room, and found a plate of fruit arranged artfully with a sprig of rosemary, along with a split of wine and wine goblets.

I can't wait to return. Yes, this is indeed heaven!

Room Tip: The top 2 floors do not have balconies. But these balconies are interconnected and not fully private, so I don't think we missed out on anything.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raethecpa
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Hello raethecpa,

Reading your review most certainly brought a smile to my face. It makes me very happy to know your stay at Carmel Forest was beyond exceptional.

From all the team, we look forward to welcoming you back for another heavenly stay very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Wonderful place. Staff very helpful and friendly. They try hard to fulfil all your requests, even for specifics in a packed lunch.

Decor rather dated.

Facilities very good. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: even the basic room was good, but no balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Been to the Carmel forest more then once and will return again.
No phones and children are allowed on the grounds of the hotel which is a great start to the needed disconnect from reality,even for few hours
.The service was one of the best I have ever experienced. Quiet,efficient and intelligent .
The Spa was wonderful,good treatments,towels everywhere, clean
Food- couldn't stop re loading my plate both at breakfast and lunch. It was also very clean with great service.

The only ones who should avoid this place are people who cannot relax,with a book,a good massage, and such.
Otherwise,book,go and relax

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello Naama Z,

We think Carmel Forest Spa is heaven, and are glad you think so too. Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted to read your stay surpasses your expectations each and every time.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing visit.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's one of the top hotels in Israel. trust me on that rating . however my stay started in awful way. I got to the desk of the reception , nicely pointing type you get to seat while you check in I will say cool spa future. the front desk lady holding a windex yes windex ! Cleaning the glass surface . Okkkk. I am not impressed . Next we move into passport issue as American tourist I am allowed to get free vat but as Israeli the right is taken away even if I am a tourist ! Why? Ask the tourist office. Going back to the sour face in front of me informing me I will not get vat back . Now , I ever really asked for it but she tried to be nice to me . Right. Next the room is not ready and next to it no free wifi as the 1000 dollars charge for three nights will not cover the free wifi. At that point I am disliking the girl and the pr manger get involved . She was nice and polite trying to handle that "hard to handle guest" . I am asking if the pr office ever contact them as I am a blogger in a local on line magazine and I am writing about my visit to the spa hotel. She answered that no she have no notes and I figured ok life . Then the sour face said she is giving me a room not near my friend room which we booked two rooms together . I said "no I want the room next to my friends" . She answered "this the room we have ready otherwise you will need to wait" clearly I wad not happy and she run inside crying which I didn't see the reason. Then come out of the office the hotel manager . She was so rude taking me a side as if I am a criminal accusing me of lying about the call to the pr guy eytan which I did called him. I felt so bad she was saying "well you said you called the pr guy no clue was found that this is the case" in Hebrew it's different but believe me she made me feel as if I am a criminal I wanted to call him she said "not here go out side the hotel we dont use phones in this hotel" I worked at the Dan hotel in tel aviv 36 years ago I know one thing. You ever make the guest feel bad as she did . I guess I am thankful for tripadvisor for allowing guests to share noted about the hotels they stay and put a voice tothe wrong doing . Bad start . The room was holiday inn style with dirty windows . The rest I guess was ok . So far ..
איה ! ההתנהגות שלך היתה מחפירה ואת חייבת לעבוד על יחסי אנוש שלך נפגעתי ממך מעומקי נשמתי כשהאשמת אותי בשקר של הטלפון לאיתן שיש לי ממנו הודעה שמאשרת שאכן דיברתי איתו. קילקלת לי את החוויה .

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank navawritz

Hello navawritz,

I am disappointed to read your review and I am sorry you felt you received unfriendly and unfair service from our team. Let me address some of the issues you raised. Regarding VAT Tax, this is a National Law implemented by the Israeli Government. As a business, we apply with all laws required of us.

Carmel Forest Spa, as the name suggests is a Spa Hotel. Our service offering is that of escape, and relaxation. As such the use of mobile phones is forbidden in all of the resort’s premises. This is to ensure that you and all our guests enjoy a peaceful vacation.

Our staff always receives the highest praise from our guests, so to read your feedback on them surprises me. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me direct on hanis@isrotel.co.il.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I spent a long weekend (fri, sat, sun) here with my wife. we stayed in a superior room (3rd floor).

Summary: it was a wonderful weekend. the hotel has such a relaxed and comfortable feel, it almost feels otherworldly in the hectic craziness of Israel. it is expensive, no doubt, but it was certainly worth it. my wife is saying we will make this an annual retreat. I tend to agree.

Rooms: The rooms were actually a bit small. the bathroom was very small. this is not unusual for Israeli hotels and if this was a hotel in eilat I wouldn't say anything. but in the isolation of the carmel forest and for the price that we paid I did expect a bigger room. the room was a bit tired with some very slight chinks in the door frames and whatnot, but it was well furnished and comfortable. also, the piping was ld, so you could hear, if you made an effort, all the water flowing in the pipes. we really spent so little time in the room that this wasn't a major issue regardless.

spa and pool: lovely and clean. great big towels everywhere and helpfeul staff. my wife had two treatments, the body scrub which she was ambivalent about and the deep tissue massage which she loved. the saunas where well kept up and the hamam was a nice middle easterntouch.

restaurant: because you cant really go anywhere for a meal and quite honestly, you don't want to leave the grounds, the hotel is full board. the meals are all nice, with a lot of the meals have a served main course which you order. the only major issue I had was that after a meal I like to have coffee with my dessert. that was in fact impossible here, you had to finish your dessert and then go to the lobby for coffee. that seemed pointless to me.

sports and activities: we participated in several activities. the had the range of less mills fitness classes, we did the body balance and the cx (alexander the instructor was amazing and did the whole class with us, by the end he was sweating too). in addition I did a fitball and core workout with Uri who was very good and very specific, we managed a class with people at very different levels very well. there were 2 lectures, the 1st at 10pm, we missed this and the 2nd about communication in business which was a little monotonic.

staff: the staff, waiters, receptions, spa team, sports instructors were all in line with the quiet and friendly nature of the place. all were professional, helpful and well mannered. I was very impressed

Room Tip: definitely get a room in floors 2-5 which have a balcony. the don't cost much more, and the ability to sit on the balcony and read is priceless.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hani S, Sales Manager at Carmel Forest Spa Resort by Isrotel Exclusive Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello Elliott S,

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted to read your relaxing trip away to Carmel Forest was everything you wanted it to be and more. It is great you and your wife sampled all of our service and facility offerings, it sounds like each activity really impressed you and I am thrilled about this.

Thank you for raising the point about not being able to have coffee after your dinner in the restaurant. This is due to our restaurant being Kosher, thus no dairy products are served at dinnertime in the dining room. You will find this is standard practice in all hotels throughout Israel.

Elliott, from all the team we hope to welcome you and your wife back again to Carmel Forest in the near future.