“Use these people - they are superb!!”
Review of Haifa Port

Haifa Port
Book In Advance
More Info
US$338.00*
and up
Jerusalem Private Transfer: Central Jerusalem to...
Ranked #16 of 92 things to do in Haifa
More attraction details
Owner description: Haifa's modern passenger terminal includes a variety of facilities intended to provide maximum convenience for passengers passing through the port. The passenger terminal has been expanded to quickly and efficiently process passengers from a number of ships at the same time.
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Excellent tours from Haifa and Ashdod. Could not be bettered - very knowledgeable and flexible. Totally superb.

2  Thank AuntyCChobham
in 5 reviews
"country"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 3 November 2010

We recently visited Israel on a cruise ship and by chance booked tours from"GUIDED TOURS ISRAEL".I am so happy we chose them. It was an amazing experience and I would highly recommend this tour group..F.AY

1  Thank fsay
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We had the great pleasure of having Mickey as she liked to be called as our tour guide with Guided Tours Israel. What a wonderful experience we had from this port and also the Port of Ashdod. Amazing history and stories she was able to impart during our tours. We visited Church of the Annunciation in Nazereth, I stood in the shore at the Sea of Galilee, the view from Mount of Beatitudes was amazing. We visited the ruins of Caparnaum. I could not express more gratitude for our wonderful guide who made all the sites we saw come to life through her eyes. The great pride and knowledge she had of Israel and its history and importance helped us understand what we were seeing. Thank you to our friends on Cruise Critics whom we shared our private tours and for the many friends I made throughout the tour. Thank you Guided Tours Israel for having such an amazing guide on your staff. Mickey should be everyone's tour guide. No bad experiences possible with her in the lead. The sites speak for themselves. I was speechless at times that I actually finally was able to visit places I had only studied, heard about from my Pastors or read from the Bible. Yes, I was in Israel and would love to go back!

3  Thank terik201
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Our 1 day private tour from Haifa through GTI was pretty disastrous! Unlike previous reviewers, we had a quite unpleasant, agressive, dogmatic, and insensitive older guide called Ari who had the ability to fall out with most of us. He also fell out with synagogue staff when taking us into somewhere we were obviously not welcome, and his mood deteriorated further when he got a parking ticket! The final straw was when the air-con broke, in temperatures of 100' F. A group member spoke to Alon on the phone but he was unable to send out another vehicle, so we had no alternative but to persevere in the heat. Ari tried to take our cash payment at our lunch stop, but we had had a terrible day and spoke to Alon on the phone about the problems to try and obtain some discount, which we agreed and paid. Alon then instructed the guide to reimburse the only couple who had pre-paid on their credit card with the cash provided by the rest of us, and summarily cancelled the next day's pre-arranged trip from Ashdod to Jerusalem for all of us - leaving us completely high and dry!! He did eventually reinstate this tour following representations from group members and the ovcerall group organiser overnight, but our experience did leave a bad taste.

We had a much better experience with a substituted guide called Ben supplied by GTI the next day in Jerusalem, who was excellent, which did go some way towards salvaging things - but I wouldn't have confidence to recommend GTI on this experience.

4  Thank Gaspari