“A good fresh lunch break off the noisy main road”
Review of Cafe Cafe

Cafe Cafe
Ranked #194 of 436 Restaurants in Haifa
Cuisines: European
Description: tel no 04 8515131
Description: tel no 04 8515131
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I see the bad reviews and have to jot down my 2 cents worth..
Was in the area around lunchtime and weary of prices, quality and portion sizes in resraurants nearby.

Remember being here a few years ago with religeous family seeking kosher lunch option. So gave it a try.

Very satisfied and pleased. Ike the garden setting- its really hard to find a place you can sit outside in this heat without direct traffic fumes and noise. This place gives you that escape..a place to relax with kids outdoors while you have brunch, breakfast, dinner or snack- their menu covers everything. I was so glad to find a vegan burger not deepfried and I think it was made fresh- nothing frozen. Offered me a wholewheat bread option that was filling but not heavy. Salad was freshly chopped and perfect touch of lemon and olive oil dressing - wasnt swimming in it. They don't skimp on tomatoes.

Service was very gracious and price of this meal was very fair. They even have a service devicw you can use to ring for service- it works.

This is not a posh restaurant but it is a down to earth, laid back garden cofee house with a good vibe and good food.

If you need a break after climbing the Bahai Gardens or walking through the German Colony do yourself a favour and walk downhill to Cafe Cafe.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

a totally worthless rip off ... the coffee was horrible, the beer much too expensive, the only saving grace is the location, but with so many options to choose from on the same street, this place should be avoided like the plague

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Belgian waffels are awesome and the breakefast too! Portions are large, beautiful and hearty. I recommend this place for europeans who visited Israel for the first time.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We enjoyed the salad, Kosher/pesach sandwich, Shakshuka, and various hot drinks. Service was good. Nice location.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

After waiting for 15 minutes to be attended, a waiter comes and throws us the menu, not even saying welcome (Israeli culture you might think) then after waiting for 15 minutes, we asked for 2 Carlsberg’s (250 ml) and some chips (that were burned), we tried to have a good time but the best was even better to come. The bill finally wasn’t what we asked and we never were advised. The guy served us another beer with another price and he didn’t tell us. Therefore after saying this to another waitress that already charged my card, she has the attitude to answer me “so what you want me to do now, you didn’t ask this to your waiter”. Worst service (if they know what does it mean) at the German Colony.