“If you are in Haifa....”

Falafel Hwadi Micheal
Ranked #15 of 388 Restaurants in Haifa
Price range: US$1 - US$3
Dining options: Takeout
Description: In the heart of Wadi Nisnas – standing opposite each other – are two falafel establishments that have been competing for years. A comprehensive market survey we carried out gave micheal the lead over its rival, and we set off to earn our falafel. If the line is long, you’ll get a falafel ball dipped in tehina – to keep you going. You can polish off your portion, without too many salads or fuss, by the wooden counter that runs around the room, or eat it while roaming the nearby streets. The balls are well seasoned and the tehina is superb. That’s the way it is – if you’ve been in the business a while you learn a thing or two.The secret: the street battle heritage.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you are in Haifa, you MUST drop by Felafel Hwadi Michael which is walking distance from the Bahai Temple and the German Colony below it. It is a clean, small, "hole-in-the-wall" place with barely enough space to cook and serve the most delicious felafel I have ever eaten. Where other restaurant are you given a sample to eat before deciding that you want to order? And it is a bargain too! Open continuously until 8:30 PM.

1  Thank dankovnat

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Fabulous falafal at a most reasonable price. Not only is this the best falafal, but if there is a line they will give you a free falafal ball in tahini sauce while you wait. Very friendly service by happy staff. Clean not fancy place.

1  Thank Russ F
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have been eating for more than 30 years at Michel's. Great taste, clean and friendly. It was selected several times as the best in the country.

2  Thank ErezRuder
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Well-placed falafel-place close to te main attraction, the Bahai gardens. The falafel is tasty and the Michelle himself served us some great food. We got two large servings, two large cokes and two coffees for just 50 NIS! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place my accident as I didn't have a guidebook. Opposite the falafel hezekhim place (which is apparently also good so you might have to flip a coin!) the guy greeted me immediately with a free sample ! Bought a half pitta for 9 schekels, really cheap considering how great it was! Also bought a little meaty thing that was awesome. Very filling, super satisfying. After I talked with the guy serving me, found he was the owners son who lives In Brighton near me! He gave me a free cup of Turkish coffee too, and while initially this kindness had me suspicious (I am British after all!) the chat was totally chilled and he was really cool :)