Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$405
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,031 results
All reviewsbusiness loungeclub floorgreat viewhaifa baycarmel centerbusiness tripbahai gardensfront desk staffbreakfast buffetexcellent hotelindoor poolhotel is situatedlouis promenadebay viewcarmel mountainisraeli hotelssalad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2011

On Feb. 2011, I stayed in this hotel for business trip.
Bay view from my room was very good.
I enjoyed seeing this view on sofa with drinking, and spent good time after work.
This hotel is near some sightseeing spots for example, Bahai, Museum, Asian restaurant and Japanese sushi bar.
Also this is good point.

On May. 2011, I stayed in this hotel again.
This stay was short and no weekend, so I didn't enjoy enough like previous stay.
But business rounge invited me kindly.
There was a manager in business rounge.
She is only Japense speaker I know in Israel and she enjoyed speaking Japanese after so long with me and looked happy.
She helped me when I was in trouble.

And in this month, I will go again and looking forward to staying in this hotel and working in Israeli good friends.

I want to give "excellent" rating, but I reduce one point.
Because key of terrace was broken... (This was the trouble she solved immediately)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
fujiyama123, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Haifa.
We look forward to see you again among our guests.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was torn between choosing the Crowne Plaza over the Dan Carmel, considered to be the best 2 hotels in Haifa. I was pleased that I chose the Crowne Plaza. The location is great, with lots of wonderful views from the top of the mountain. We had a lovely deluxe room with a terrific balcony. Very soft sheets and comfortable beds. The bathroom was somewhat disappointing, not have been refurbished for I would say about 20 years.
The breakfast buffet was much smaller and less opulent than I was expecting for a hotel of this calibre. It is not a patch on the top hotels in Tel Aviv (e.g. the Dan Tel Aviv or Herod's Hotel). The tables where the buffet is set out are very small and there is nowhere near as much choice as in other hotels in this price bracket.
We had the buffet dinner on one of our nights for 150 shekels. Pretty good quality overall. We don't usually go in for buffets but there are few nice restaurants that we could find in the Carmel quarter.
We had access to the business lounge which was useful for evening snacks, free drinks and easily accessible internet.
There is free on-street parking about 200 metres from the hotel so don't bother using the hotel's paid-for car park.
Asya, the young lady on the reception desk, is a particularly helpful and friendly professional who sorted out a mix-up with our reservation.
We paid USD 254 per night. In many places this would get you a real world-class 5 star experience. This is a good 4 star hotel.
I did pop into the Dan Carmel to see what the competition was like. It was like stepping back in time to the late 1970's. The decor was unbelievably awful. It reminded me of the photographs my grandparents would take of their holidays 40 years ago. The Dan Carmel seemed to be catering to a much more religious crowd than the Crowne Plaza.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StokeNewingtonN4
fujiyama123, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear guest

First let me thank you for choosing to stay The Crowne Plaza Haifa.
We try to do our best to please our guests.
We look forward to seeing you again among our guests.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Also stayed at the Dan Carmel, and the Crowne Plaza is hands-down the better of the two. The quality of top-end hotels in this region is generally poor by US standards, but the Crowne comes closest to the mark. Clean, modern rooms; professional service; good amenities for business. The staff was friendly and exceptionally helpful. Our business needs included frequent last-minute conference room requests, and the staff never failed to deliver. Executive suite open around the clock, and well stocked with food & beverages.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Most of the lobby is taken up by the bar area in this property on the top of Carmel overlooking Haifa. Whilst the place is comfortable enough, there are too many things which irritate: thin sheets and an odd lumpy pillow; careless housekeeping - tea & coffee not replaced; electrical sockets which would come out of the wall if you weren't careful; no room desk and chair in a business hotel; lavatories which need multiple flushings; a shower which wastes gallons of water filling the bath too; curtains needing re-hanging. The breakfast buffet is good and a newly-named restaurant looks promising. Service at the bar is slow and lacking in responsiveness - a beer barrel runs out and it takes fifteen thirsty minutes to say there is no more. Not a cosy place.

Room Tip: Insist on a larger room with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Camwas
fujiyama123, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Haifa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Dear guest

First let me thank you for choosing to stay The Crowne Plaza Haifa.
Your comments submitted to the various Departments and we assure you that the Points made above will be reviewed.
Feel free to contact me any time and we will be happy to see you among our guests in Order to correct the impression you received.

Best regards,

Natalie Kaplan
Guest Relations Manager

972-48350804

Reviewed 8 September 2011

I recently went to israel for business and stayed at the crowne plaza hotel.
My company had made a mistake and book my hotel for only 2 nights despite the fact that
I needed to be there for 3... so I was short one. Despite the fact that the hotel
was fully booked, the Business lounge Manager, Natalie was very helpfull and found
a way to make me stay in the hotel. which saved me, given that the Dan hotel next
door was also fully booked.

The executive rooms are the best. They give you access to the business lounge where
you can get drinks, some food for dinner which is good enough to skip having to go
out to a restaurant if you don't feel like it.. Most of th rooms have a great views of Haifa.

The Internet access is free which is not the case in a lot of hotels..

If you decide to go out to eat, then head for the "bear" . It is a sport bars 5 mns away
where a lot of the foreigners go with a casual relaxed ambinace and good beers
and burgers.