“Great Location - ask for an Old City view room!”
Review of Holy Land Hotel

Holy Land Hotel
Ranked #61 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed her for 6 nights on a Holy Land Tour last week.
Great location - right across from the Old City walls - right across, view of the Dome of the Rock, and the Old city Wall from our room, so ensure to ask for this.
Only 5 mins walk into to the Old City.
Jerusalem is a truly remarkable and stunning city - must visit. The most beautiful city i have visited, the architecture is unbelievable, and the Limestone - WOW.
The different religions and cultures is great, shame about all the political situations causing religious divides as its clear from the mosques and churches that everyone once upon a time lived side by side in harmony.
The hotel was clean and friendly, but dont provide some seemingly basic facilities like an iron, but for value and location IDEAL!
Rooms have a nice balcony area to sit and relax too.

Room Tip: Room facing the OLD CITY.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MominRabbani
There are newer reviews for Holy Land Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a very special place for us! As we were driving there we didn't expect it to be located in an Arab area, but once we got there we were greated by great people who welcomed us and did everything they could to make sure our stay was pleasant. From the front desk, servers and chefs to maintance and housekeeping, everyone became like family!

Yes, the hotel has its years, but it is in great shape and everything is kept well maintained and clean.

We got Breakfast and Dinner included, the food was amazing!! They have a great coffee bar at the lobby, too!

Not to mention you can walk to Mt.Olives, the Garden Tomb, the Old City, and much more! You also have some shops around to buy water and great snacks, the post office, etc.

Enjoy your stay :-)

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank gracebug
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have immediately returned to Sydney from a trip to Israel.I stayed at HOLY LAND HOTEL I am pleased to recommend this hotel.Breakfast buffet was included in the rate and the room was cleaned every day.No mini bar exists in the room -but the room was adequate for budget tourism.Close to the Old City ,in particular Herods Gate.Helpful staff spoke English and booked day tours for me to Bethlehem and Jericho.No room safe- but the safe near the front desk was very secure.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift would be recommended
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank uym2
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed in the hotel for four nights in April. Our room looked out over Jerusalem's Old City; the Dome of the Rock was framed by our room's window - wonderful! The hotel is one long block from Herod's Gate, giving us a great location for the sites we wanted to visit. The staff was very friendly and helpful and did what they could to meet our questions or concerns. Even before our arrival, staff responded to my email inquiries very promptly. The rooms were clean; housekeeping was thorough and prompt. The bathroom was clean with plenty of soft towels. However, the decor seemed a bit dated and the beds were very firm. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, though it was about the same each morning. The lounge was comfortable place to have a Taybeh beer and review the days' activities. If you would like affordable lodging, close to the Old City of Jerusalem, and would value staying in East Jerusalem with its minarets and markets, you would enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view toward the Old City.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank tmkooy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I booked this hotel via Expedia.com. A week before my arrival, I sent a query via the form on their website () to confirm my booking, and received a response just a day later. When I arrived, checking-in was quick and simple, all I had to do was show my passport.

The room they prepared for me was clean, dry and had air-conditioning. Bathroom drain didn't work very well, but nothing that a towel won't fix. I was self-serving most of the time so didn't really need service much, but I'd have to say the cleaning ladies were nice, polite and very helpful.

The entrance to this hotel is along a peaceful alley. The hotel itself is located right outside the Old City, very near Damascus Gate (about 5-10 minutes' walk away), and there is a light rail station and the Arab bus station nearby as well so it's quite accessible - you just have to walk a couple of streets more.

Daily breakfast buffet spread was okay, although you probably shouldn't have it consecutively for more than 3 days in a row as the menu doesn't really change. If you are a solo traveller, the waiter will direct you to a table of your own.

In summary, nice service and humble location, good for solo travellers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Zach A
Reviewed 10 March 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Wietske T
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We choose the hotel as only one available closest to the old town, but this was a mistake as the area was unpleasant (dirty, dark, noisy, felt not safe). Being in the city centre would have been much better choice.
Before my visit I tried to contact the hotel via email- no answer. I called to ask do they have availability and the man laconically told write an email. So much about that :)
When we arrived at the reception no warm welcome, felt more sorry to bother you but we like to check in. None of the staff were friendly nor helpful. As it was raining I asked do you have umbrella- guy made huge eyes and laughed and said NOOOO, like I had asked something outrageous.
Our room (320) in upper floor looked shabby but spacious, clean and had balcony, view to oldtown. Between the oldtown and hotel only had one of the busiest road and they really like to use their car horns. Beds were Ok, towels were nice and soft, they had soap, shampoo-conditioner, lotion.
We had bath, but could only use it as shower, as they were missing the bottom lock.

The walls were very thin, like paper walls, you can hear clearly other peoples talk.
AC made terrible noise.

Breakfast- low quality. Canned fruits, artificial juices, chemical tasting jam, bread, butter, eggs, cheese, sausage, ham (or sth similar, I would not call it really real ham but...).
Dinner was possible in downstairs restaurant which was also the place for breakfast, but only as buffet- price 70NIS. No menu ordering.

Taxi from central bus station to the hotel was 46.40 (inc. 2 pieces of luggage and 2 people) nis.

I would not recommend this hotel, paying 115 eur for night its not worth it.

Room Tip: Upper floors are definitely quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple