“Good location. Rest average.”
Review of Holy Land Hotel

Holy Land Hotel
Ranked #62 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
“Good location. Rest average.”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Very close to the walls so good for tourism. Vegetarian food OK (average rather than poor but not as good as any of the food we had had in other hotels in Israel)- as long as you dont want protein and are content with Pitta bread for carbs. Was told the meat dishes were average. The wine was poor.

We had a double room with a patio and a view (of kinds but it was OK) on the first floor. It was reasonably comfortable, except the sheets were too small for the bed. Some of our party had cupboard-like rooms. One traveller refused to use his and they eventually, after a row, found a decent one for him.

There was a smell from the toilet after 2 days. We hadnt experienced this anywhere else.

I wouldnt stay there again.

Room Tip: Dont let them tell you they are fully booked if they give you a bad room! Be prepared to fight! Ask...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

7. Free wi-fi internet in the lobby
8. Decent breakfasts
9. Big restroom

Bad points:

1. Since we stayed in the seemingly recently renovated rooms, we had no complaints, although the corridors not yet renovated does look aged
2. The breakfasts menu didn't change during our 5 nights there

This is a place we would stay in again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank agchen1
Chicago Illinois
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Booked with Atlastours.net my tour agency for my independent tour. Cross checked with Trip Advisor prior to booking. A 3 star hotel located in a regular residential area literally a half block to the north Herods Gate entry into old walled Jerusalem where no taxis or tour buses are allowed. This hotel is a great walk to location for my four full days and 5 nights at the hotel to visit old Jerusalem. Very good breakfast buffet was included and the add-on dinner at 70 NIS ($18.) was a bit pricey but excellent choice of foods. My room happen to have a view of the old city walls and gate but that was not important to me. I look for a quiet hotel to be at after a long day of sightseeing. I could care less what the view is. The older hotel has newer windows which seal out outside noise, although room 333 I was in adjoined a paved soccer(football) field in which I enjoyed hearing kids play on the few days I came back before the early winter sunset hour. I walked all of the days and only used a taxi on one morning for a 3 1/2 hour side trip to Bethlehem. I made arrangements for this the afternoon prior by talking to guys in the taxi line at the nearby Damascus Gate. I walked to the Mt of Olives sights from the hotel as well as to all of the sights in old Jerusalem. The hotel has a guest computer for internet access at no cost in a room adjoining the lobby. The hotel does not have a great outside image but it fulfilled all of my needs as an individual traveller to Jerusalem and Jordan.

Room Tip: There does not seem to be a noisy side to this hotel located in a non-touristy residential area.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank JohnHChicagoIllinois
Pistoia, Italy
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

I went in this hotel with a group this summer, but sincerely it wasn't very confortable. First: the last day I wanted to sent some postcards and I left them in the mailbox in the hall, but unluckly they had never arrived!!!! Second: The third day I 've found a big beatle in my pillow (I think I've slept with it! :( ). Third: They don't mind about the clean of the rooms, infact they have never make up our beds. Fourth and last: At the restaurant the food was every two days the same (they changed almost only one course!).
I don't know who have written the other reviews, but I think that they've slept in the worst hotels!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank FlyAroundTheWorld96

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed her for 6 nights on a Holy Land Tour last week.
Great location - right across from the Old City walls - right across, view of the Dome of the Rock, and the Old city Wall from our room, so ensure to ask for this.
Only 5 mins walk into to the Old City.
Jerusalem is a truly remarkable and stunning city - must visit. The most beautiful city i have visited, the architecture is unbelievable, and the Limestone - WOW.
The different religions and cultures is great, shame about all the political situations causing religious divides as its clear from the mosques and churches that everyone once upon a time lived side by side in harmony.
The hotel was clean and friendly, but dont provide some seemingly basic facilities like an iron, but for value and location IDEAL!
Rooms have a nice balcony area to sit and relax too.

Room Tip: Room facing the OLD CITY.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank MominRabbani
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was a very special place for us! As we were driving there we didn't expect it to be located in an Arab area, but once we got there we were greated by great people who welcomed us and did everything they could to make sure our stay was pleasant. From the front desk, servers and chefs to maintance and housekeeping, everyone became like family!

Yes, the hotel has its years, but it is in great shape and everything is kept well maintained and clean.

We got Breakfast and Dinner included, the food was amazing!! They have a great coffee bar at the lobby, too!

Not to mention you can walk to Mt.Olives, the Garden Tomb, the Old City, and much more! You also have some shops around to buy water and great snacks, the post office, etc.

Enjoy your stay :-)

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank gracebug
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have immediately returned to Sydney from a trip to Israel.I stayed at HOLY LAND HOTEL I am pleased to recommend this hotel.Breakfast buffet was included in the rate and the room was cleaned every day.No mini bar exists in the room -but the room was adequate for budget tourism.Close to the Old City ,in particular Herods Gate.Helpful staff spoke English and booked day tours for me to Bethlehem and Jericho.No room safe- but the safe near the front desk was very secure.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lift would be recommended
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo