“Great educational tour”

Ranked #16 of 315 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rediscover Biblical Jerusalem.The story of the City of David began over 3,000 years ago,Today, the story of the City of David continues. Deep underground, the City of David is revealing some of the most exciting archeological finds of the ancient world. While above ground, the city is a vibrant center of activity with a visitor's center that welcomes visitors for an exciting tour to the site where much of the Bible was written.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I really enjoyed my tour of the City of David. My tour guide was very knowledgeable. We toured boththe outside and the underground tunnels of the city. I was not able to take the wet tour. However, lots of other people dressed in their bathing suits seemed to really like the wet tour.

1  Thank Sxyesq

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We really enjoyed our visit to the City of David. We decided to go without pre-planning and easily booked into an English group tour offered by the park. Or tour guide Navdat was interesting, very knowledgeable and passionate about the history. He easily managed our group of about 15 people comprised of adults and children and nicely fielded our many questions with ease. My son age 9 walked through the wet tunnel and they thought it was great (we had done this tour two years ago and they found it just as much fun the second time). My daughter age 7 wasn't so keen on the dark so I took her through the dry tunnel which was well lit and a nice cool break from the heat.
The tour took about 3 hours and we learned a lot about the history and biblical significance of the site as well as some of the current controversy. We brought flash lights for the dark tunnel but you can buy a tiny flash light for 5NIS at the tunnel entrance. We walked back up the hill at the end with the guide which was a steep but nice. Others took a van for 5NIS each. Take care as local drivers will pounce and pretend to be official and rush you into their van. If it were me, I would prefer for the same price to take the official park van. Also, in the summer take lots of water with you. You can fill up your bottle at the beginning and end. Facilities are good with change rooms, bathrooms, a small store. Also bring your park pass for a discount.

3  Thank Remi2000
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visiting the City of David is an excellent way to spend a few hours on a hot summer day. The site is organized, the staff extremely helpful, and the tour can be adapted for all ages. It is an excellent and exciting, hands-on, more accurately feet on experience of history. Combine with the tunnels leading to the Davidson center, one emerges with an amazing insight into the ancient history of Jerusalem. On a hot day nothing beats the refreshing walk through the water tunnels.

1  Thank Heidi F
Reviewed 11 July 2014

An incredible place, with dreemed views.
A place that you can feel the history and at the same time see different ART expressions.
WONDERFULL!

1  Thank fer j
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I experienced a real treat late this afternoon: a two hour Segway tour from the Shalom Forest site along the Sherover Haas promenade with Yaniv Levy,Marketing manager of Ir David. We were taught the secrets of Segway riding with cool competence, had some practice,donned protective gear and set off. The views of the Old City were spectacular and the Jerusalem skyline spread before us in all it's beauty,the late afternoon sun glistening jewel-like off the stone buildings.We enjoyed vivid Jerusalem stories,historical vignettes and trivia at breathtaking view points along the way.The Sherover Promenade is beautifully landscaped and clean and green.The Haas section is forested and 'wilder' with a magic of its own,enhanced by the fact that we had the path to ourselves for most of the tour. I cannot recommend this tour too highly. It was superlative!!

1  Thank Goforitgranny