“Great Time at the Harmony”

Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #10 of 100 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just wanted to say thanks to Hagop and his team at the Harmony. Just stayed there 4 nights in May of 2014 and everything was excellent. the location is great, anytime we needed assistance the staff was very helpful and the place was very clean with a good breakfast. Would definitely stay again. I am sending my older brother there next year.

Thanks to Hagop and the crew.

Joe Costantini and Maria

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in Harmony hotel for 3 nights in May 2014. On arrival we were greeted warmly by reception staff and were able to leave the luggage while we waited for our room to be ready. As it was my birthday, they offered to move us to their sister hotel as they had rooms available early but we preferred to stay in Harmony (nevertheless it was nice of the to offer). The location of the hotel is great, very close to numerous restaurants and within 5-10 mins walk to the old city. Mahane Yehuda Market is also only 10 mins walk away.
Now the reasons why I gave it only 3 out of 5 stars:
- the ground floor is under construction, when you enter, there was cracked glass and dirt everywhere. There is no one to welcome you and you have to carry your luggage to the first floor
- the rooms are very average and have a feel of Travelodge rather than a boutique hotel Harmony advertises itself to be
- there is room service, we wanted a mint tea one night, we were told to go and collect the tea bags from the reception
- there is no iron in the room - clothes have to be taken by guests to the common ironing room where guests iron their clothes themselves
Given that this hotel was £140 a night I don't think it was value for money and I am not sure if I would book again

1  Thank pat181
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was difficult to find - especially since they were refurbishing the ground floor, and the lobby was on the first floor. Very modern, and fresh looking. The rooms, and bathrooms were a bit dated and in need of some TLC - but very clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. Very good restaurants close by, especially the one across the road.

Breakfast was a disapointment due to it being Easter and no bread. Cosher breakfast is interesting - if not what you would prefer. Well, when in Rome, and so on.

I would stay here again - especially due to the perfect location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have just spent 11 nights at the Harmony Hotel in Jerusalem and could not have had a better location, in the heart of the city, an easy walk to the Old City but tucked away in a quiet corner. We really enjoyed the Happy Hour. It was great to return to the hotel after a day's sightseeing knowing that we would be able to relax on the terrace with a glass of wine and some tasty snacks. Breakfasts may not be as extensive as some of the big hotels but there is ample choice and more than enough to have several courses! Hagop on reception was particularly helpful but other staff members could be more friendly. The desk was always busy and staffing levels are probably slightly lower than required as whoever was on duty had to answer phone calls and deal with many queries from guests. The bathroom could have done with a proper clean with a bottle of bleach. As most people remark, the rooms are small but the lounge and terrace are good compensation. We would be happy to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen L
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I recently had some guests stay at the hotel and they had nothing but compliments. The rooms where very pleasant, the hotel staff extremely nice and polite and all in a great location. Will definitely recommend my guest to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Liaty P
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Solo trip. Stayed here four four nights. Chosen because of trip advisor ratings. Arrived late in the evening by taxi. The driver dropped me nearby. He didn't actually know where the hotel was. Before I came to Jerusalem, I did the google street view familiarisation so I knew where I was.The hotel is approached through a small shopping mall which is empty, being done up. You press a call bell which alerts reception and the electric doors are opened for you. There is a lift or stairs to the first floor where the reception is. Check in was smooth. My room, a double, next floor up, was big enough, light enough and quite comfortable. Bathroom good and clean. Breakfast was ok. Happy hour which us basically snacks with drinks was ok too but you need to eat a meal as well.
The location is very good. Turn left out of the hotel and 100 metres is Zion Square on Jaffa Road. Loads going on. Turn right and walk down Jaffa road to cross a busy road junction and then follow the old city walls either right to Jaffa Gate or Left to New gate and further on Damascus Gate. It took me about ten minutes to walk from the hotel to the Jaffa Gate but I'm a fastish walker.
Jerusalem blew me away. I had been apprehensive before hand but was far happier than when in Marrakesh or Istanbul. Self guided for four days. I witnessed loads of tour groups and was glad I wasn't part of that.
In summary, I liked the Harmony Hotel. I spent most of each day in the Old City but when I got back to the Hotel it felt good and was comfortable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hafferty
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel is excellent although the rooms are a little small. The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants & shops. Hotel staff are extremely friendly, helpful & informative. Tram is close by. Thoroughly enjoyed happy hour especially after a long day of touring. Had an outstanding English speaking tour guide, Gary Littwin (gary.littwin@gmail.com)

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view