Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Washington, DC
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As many other reviewers have noted, the location is excellent for walking to the Old City and other locations. On the positive side, the breakfast was good, ample and good variety. On the negative side, the standard room we booked was amazingly small and claustrophobic. I have stayed in many small rooms both in New York and Europe, but this was positively miniscule, especially given the high price of the room. I have seen larger closets. Given that we were staying four nights, we immediately booked a junior suite at an additional $70 per night. So this wound up being the most expensive hotel of our entire trip. In addition, the hotel is under construction on its street level, so you are walking in a deserted space and need to be buzzed in. Not the most secure setup. No bottled water was provided in the room, free or otherwise. Every other hotel we stayed at in Israel offered free water. In fact the minibar was empty.
For some reason, the hotel also piped in perfume on the main level near the breakfast area. It was so strong it made me cough every time I came in, and certainly was not appetizing to eat in that environment. They need to be aware that guests have environmental sensitivities and many folks cannot tolerate heavy artificial odors. Finally, while the front desk staff was polite, we weren't overwhelmed with their friendliness. For example, when we asked about restaurants, we got some half- hearted recommendations but no offer to make reservations for us.
So all in all, wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: standard rooms are uncomfortably small
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Netanya
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have stayed at or visited nearly every hotel in downtown Jerusalem and the Harmony is by far our favorite. We have stayed here four times.
Stay here once and you will clearly see why. The location is the best in town. Right in the center of Jerusalem, within easy walking distance to the Old City, downtown attractions, great restaurants, and public transportation.
If you are looking for a crowded, noisy, and impersonal hotel, the Harmony is not for you. The Harmony is a smaller quieter hotel that offers chic modern clean well-appointed rooms. The service is uniformly
excellent.
The value is outstanding. We are talking about beautiful rooms in Central Jerusalem which includes a full Israeli breakfast and off street parking. You could pay twice as much for similar accommodations.
The hotel offers a free happy hour (5-7PM) daily including unlimited amounts of wine fruit and snacks.
In short, if you are looking for a clean modern well-located hotel offering you the best value in Jerusalem, the Harmony is for you.

• Stayed June 2014
London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a good location for walking to the old city but also near amenities, shops and transport. Staff were very helpful when it came to advice, booking tours, holding luggage etc. The room was large, modern and comfortable with a powerful shower. Breakfast and happy hour felt like a real bonus with ample portions of everything.

Only down side during our stay was there was building work on the ground floor and this started early in the morning and woke us up a couple of times.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lexington, Ky.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent a week in Israel by myself. I was a little disappointed that to enter this hotel you had to walk down a little alley (no lights at night) and then into the building but not into the hotel as there was construction on the ground floor and the door to the street in the front (not the alley) was always locked. So when you entered you could go left to a dark area to take the elevator or go straight and walk up a circular staircase. Everyone was very nice and they are very service oriented. They had breakfast each morning and it was probably very good if you are European, not so much if you are American. The first morning was best as they had scrambled eggs and croissants, hot tea (juice was very watered down). The second morning they only had hard boiled eggs and a lot of what I would consider lunch type food.
The room was small but clean and comfortable and had everything I needed including a small refrigerator.
I had a problem on my last evening as I had walked to the Mall looking for dinner. Everything was closed because it was apparently a minor holiday (even my Jewish guide was unaware of it). A guy latched onto me and I had a terrible time getting rid of him (I think he was planning to rob me), I finally managed to get away from him but it would have been very helpful to have had the front door not locked and not to have had to walk down a dark alley and through a deserted construction area to reach my hotel. If you are by yourself I would not recommend this hotel due to the above but if there are two or more traveling together, then this hotel is fine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This gem is located in a very convenient location in Jerusalem. The people couldn't be nicer and the breakfasts were of high quality and plentiful. The room was a little small, the sliding closet doors a little inconveniently placed and the refrigerator hummed. Also the hair dryer is not modern. It's the kind with the hose. Other than these small things, I would go back to this hotel, especially knowing they are building a whole new modern floor and lobby! I am only praying that the price does not go up because it is certainly reasonable now. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room was modern and clean with windows which opened wide to allow plenty of fresh air. "Happy hour" was an unexpected and pleasant bonus and the reception staff were knowledgable, helpful and unpretentious.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 14 June 2014

For the weekend of my daughter's wedding, June 5th, 2014 we reserved the Harmony for all our family & friends coming in from The US, Canada & Australia. Could not have made a better choice! Everything was perfect: from the amazing, detailed oriented hotel manager, Ayala who was so helpful and accommodating making sure every detail and moment of our stay was perfect, to the wonderful staff everyone was raving about, to the lovely lounge especially made useful at 'happy hour' where drinks & snacks were served & provided a great place for all of us to get together, to the delicious breakfast especially when served on the lovely terrace.
Did I mention the location? Could not have been better!! So close & convenient to everything! The rooms are very nicely designed & the bed was super comfortable. Ayala pampered all our quests with complimentary nuts, fruit and water & most of the rooms included robes & slippers as well. The hotel is so lovely & I must mention the pleasant scent in the lobby and dining area. Even the parking (free of charge), which although might have been a bit snug, nevertheless gave us a new, fun experience in driving in & out of a car elevator which provided lots of laughs & reminiscing over.
In conclusion, I highly recommend choosing this hotel, our stay was so pleasant & we were thrilled that all our guests raved over it! What a great way to conclude such a happy time in our lives! Thank you Ayala & all the amazing Harmony staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends