“Good location, near Old City, good breakfast and friendly staff”

Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #12 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed one night here, the price is not cheap, the room is small but clean.
I did get free parking at its underground parking garage... it is being remodeled at this time.
The hotel is very tough to locate even with a Garmin GPS and driving in Jerusalem is certainly anything but easy and no U turn to most streets.
It is suprisingly quiet in the city center and the bed is really comfortable. Internet access is good too.

Room Tip: All we cared about is location, clean, quiet, with free Wi-Fi and bonus free parking and breakfast j...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jian W
There are newer reviews for Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our first stay in an Atlas Hotel. We stayed for three nights and had a lovely experience and glad we stayed there. Hotel was upscale quality and staff were very helpful, friendly and professional.
There are pros and cons. The location doesn't get any better, right near Ben Yehuda street. Room was just newly renovated, and we were the first guests. So new there was no number on the room door yet. Very spacious efficient room and enormous beautiful modern bathroom. The breakfast was lavish and there were afternoon drinks and delicious snacks in a quaint room with an outdoor seating area adjacent to the dining room. The cons are the fact that the hotel was under construction downstairs, but that didn't interfere with our experience. However, the view from our room was of open demolition of adjacent building next door with an exterior wall and a hanging sink. The entrance to the building was so understated we missed it and so did our cab. So we had to walk up the street around the unloading trucks to find our cab. All part of living in a city. Also sliding door to the second entrance downstairs left much to be desired. None of these problems distracted from our stay. Still a great experience. Overall the pros out weigh the cons. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 101, newly renovated room right off hotel lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nrl216
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in this hotel, left to travel in the north of Israel, and then returned for the last 5 nights in Jerusalem. The staff are very professional, friendly, helpful with all sorts of directions and bookings, and the hotel lovely, intimate, sleek, easy to navigate...and location perfect...walking distance to Old City, Rehavia, Machne Yehuda, Mamilla, the light rail, central bus station, etc. Hagop, the front desk manager was a terrific help; the breakfast buffet was consistently fresh, delicious, abundant, and beautifully presented, and the rooms were comfortable, even if a bit small. We would definitely stay again and would recommend it highly to friends.

Room Tip: The higher rooms, in the "1" lines have better views and seem a bit more roomy than the &q...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bondale
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Harmony is a stylish hotel a block from the foot of Ben Yehuda Street, and is a short distance from Jaffa Gate. It's difficult to find - look for the street sign pointing you down an alley to the hotel. The entryway is difficult to spot, and it doesn't look like a hotel entry, since it seems to still be under construction. However, once you take the elevator or go up the stairs to the second floor, the hotel is quite nice.

Public spaces are clean - I especially liked the second-floor outdoor patio as a place to relax in the early evening. There's also an indoor room in which you can sit. They provide an evening "snack", including wine and things to nibble on. The breakfast is good, but selection is relatively limited compared to larger hotels (Harmony has about 50 rooms).

The room itself was small, but well-organized so it was easy to move around. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was functional if somewhat spartan. Overall, perfectly fine for my one-night stay, but it might have been too cozy for a stay over about two days.

The front desk staff was really helpful. I needed a sherut to TLV Friday evening (difficult to get one on Erev Shabbat), and they had to call the company repeatedly to arrange one. They were finally able to set it up, and they notified me by telling me as I walked by on my way back from breakfast. When I had difficulty with my keycard opening my room door, they immediately gave me a mechanical key and sent someone up to fix it.

I'd definitely stay here again if I were traveling with my wife. It might be as well-suited for young families, but the location and style are great for teens and older. Besides, it's great being able to walk to Ben Yehuda Street in 2 minutes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank santacruzer_95060
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a great hotel and very reasonable considering the location. Sure, you can find some cheaper places to stay, but most are not full service hotels or not up to the same level of quality. I arranged for a group of 10 people to stay hear (5 rooms) and everyone was complimentary. Great service, staff remembers your name, service and breakfast were all very good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel are generally quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is in great need of deferred maintenance. Entrance area is through a broken door into a vacant space with building materials and a cat sleeping on stacked dry wall material. Room was small, bathroom was grotty, Internet was intermittent, elevator had a mind of its own, and breakfast was disappointing. We checked out days early.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David K
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Harmony Hotel Jerusalem - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear David K
Thank you for you candid feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and other travelers. We are aware that there are renovations taking place at the entrance of the building, as this is not associated with the hotel itself (we are a level up on the first floor of the building) we still understand your frustration. We apologize for any inconvenience and the renovations will be completed in the near future. In addition, cleanliness is something we pride ourselves on and we have never had negative comments regarding this issue, as you can see from many previous reviews. However your comments have been noted by management. Again we thank you for your honest opinions and we hope to welcome you back with the new building upgrades.

Ayala Dekel, General Manager, Harmony Hotel & Arthur Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

When I made reservations in 2012 for the Harmony Hotel in Jerusalem, I had no idea what I was getting into! The truth is, my husband and I picked it because the name sounded good! What a wonderful surprise! It was FANTASTIC. The staff is welcoming, insightful and very helpful. The rooms are clean and well kept. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed. The breakfast menu is amazing, it changes daily and the food is truly delicious! We drink very strong coffee, my husband drinks it hot and I drink it iced. They made extra shots of espresso for us every morning as soon as they saw us coming! Each day they brought it to us specially - my husbands with cream and mine with fat free milk. Hubby's birthday happened to fall during our vacation. After a day of fun and sun at the Dead Sea, we came back to a beautiful birthday cake, made from scratch by the chef, sitting on the table in our room! Our private tour guide in Jerusalem said he asks all his clients to book rooms at the Harmony if they can, because it is so centrally located; the Old City is within a short walk. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again, in fact, in the future I would schedule my trip based on their availability! My only regret is that it took me so long to get on here and write this review!!! (The review says we traveled in July 2013 - that was the earliest choice I had, but it is not accurate. We traveled in April 2012)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple