“Medieval feel with Modern comfort”
Review of Knights Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Knights Palace
Ranked #70 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Located in the Christian quarter of Jerusalem, Knight Palace was a safe, comfortable place to stay for my 10 days in Jerusalem. An 8 minute stroll down the street led me to the Holy Sepulcher. It is located within the Old City wall, but it is a few minutes from a modern shopping mall. Nice little cafes and stores are nearby. The rooms were comfortable, the breakfast buffet was wonderful, and there was reliable WiFi.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KenoBear

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Knight's Palace. I have stayed many times. It's simple clean and the food is good. Nothing fancy but the location inside the Old City is why I stay. You can walk to everything in the Old City. Staff is very helpful and kind. They offer free Wi-Fi... not very fast but good enough to send a Text or check facebook.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marty O
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We spent five days at this hotel. The rooms are very bright and spacious. Bathrooms need some renovation and towels are up to be changed. Breakfast is acceptable, though their coffee quality is poor.
If you want a true Old Jerusalem experience, this is the place to be. It is truly within walking distance of every landmark in the old town and easily accessible from the outside walls.
If we would ever make it back to this town, we would definitely stay at this hotel again.
One recommendation to the hotel's staff: be informed about transportation in and around town e.g. there is a tram connection not far from the hotel to Mount Herzel...(Yad Vashem).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean L
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at Knights Palace two nights recently. The first night, my flight arrived at 1100 PM on Shabat and I could not get to my final destination in Bethlehem. The taxi driver didn't seem to know where Knights Palace was and didn't seem interested in looking at my map. He stopped and pointed across the street - "New Gate." I entered through New Gate, totally deserted at that hour (1:00 AM), walked past several closed shops, the only one that was identifiable was a tattoo parlor, looked to the right and there was the sign for Knights Palace. The desk clerk heard me coming, trundling my rolling pack over the cobblestones, and came out to meet me. My room was perfect - thick walls like a castle - and I slept like a log. I can't speak to the food; the first night I slept through breakfast, and on my second stay breakfast was offered at Gloria Hotel around the corner (which looks very interesting, with ancient decor in the lobby and hallways).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Em H
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Loved our 5 nights here. Nice and quiet location. Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms. It was a great place to retreat to after a day of seeing the sights. Good variety of food available. Rooms are air conditioned and have heat if needed too.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the main or upper level. The lower level is close to the food, but the patio area by th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nedra B
Reviewed 18 August 2013

First I would like to thank our trip advisor friends! We booked the hotel based on helpful comments from the fellow trip advisor members. Thank you! We couldn't enjoy more our four day stay in the old Jerusalem! This was our first time in Israel and we booked the entire trip on our own, so we were a bit nervous, but everything worked out great. It was a fabulous vacation if not the best! The Knight Palace is located in the perfect spot - walking distance to the Holy Sepulchre and simply in the heart of the Old Jerusalem. It is such a central location, you find yourself in the middle of the Holy City with every historic site, located in the walking distance. The hotel was clean, roomy, accommodating, safe and not crowded. It is not a five a star and we didn't want it. We are so glad that we stayed in the old town as we wouldn't be able to experience the feeling of waking up to the sound of the old Jerusalem – music of the Mosques, Church bells. What a beautiful and unique place – peaceful, friendly and respectful. We went to the Sepulchre Chirch a few times in the morning before the crowds had their chance. The Knight Palace is popular with Pilgrims coming in groups. We got really lucky as it wasn't full three of the four nights we stayed there. It felt like we owned the place, so peaceful and relaxing. One morning we were asked to have breakfast at the sister property - Gloria Hotel. I prefer the Knight Palace for its grounds and location. At night we would walk to The Notre Dame Hotel just outside the New Gate - 5 minute walk from our hotel. The Notre Dame Hotel offers great outdoor bar/lounge/restaurant in the penthouse with the best views of the area. Very romantic and exciting. As for lunch and dinner, I highly recommend Nafoura Restaurant, steps away from the Knight Palace. Great lamb and hummus! We booked a day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea, which was wonderful. The tour guide was very knowledgeable, educated and professional. We booked the tour while in Israel, so no worries to get everything done prior to arrival. Our last three nights we spent in Tel Aviv at the Marriott Hotel on the boardwalk. The location was perfect! The boardwalk is an amazing 7 or 10 mile walk, which connects the Jaffa Port and the New Port. What a beautiful place with happy people, clean beaches and great restaurants! The food was excellent - everywhere! Israelis are really creating interesting intelligent dishes, respecting the old and introducing the new and as a result you have a genius dish to please anyone's taste and judgment. We highly recommend Shila Restaurant, just make sure to make a reservation or even better - a spot at the bar. And of course, the wines! We fell in love with the local wines! And can't wait for the next trip, which will absolutely include the local wineries!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Nikto
Reviewed 2 August 2013

A brilliant hotel and sister hotel of the Gloria 5 mins away. I have used this hotel on many occasions and it has never failed to impress. It is situated just inside the Christian Quarter of the Old City of Jerusame and is perfectly situated for a stroll into and around the Old City or across the road from New Jerusalem. It is a peaceful have to return to after a day of touring. Rooms are excellent, food is very good, the staff are more than helpful. The owners welcome everyone as family and apart from the Gloria I could not think of staying anywhere else in this city. In the evening there is a great courtyard to sit out and talk to other guests - on our last trip there we met the Deacon to the Archbishop of Vienna - an interesting place with interesting people.

Room Tip: All Great!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends