Frankly speaking, I am in doubts about reviewing of this hotel: the hotel is apparently renovated, funrishings and facilities seem to be a 4-star but the services definitely not.
The main problem of this hotel is an absolute lack of any relevant information about services. The hotel book or booklet is missing in the rooms (!!!) and you don't know anything about opening hours of restaurants, pools, spa center, etc. The reception-desk staff provides brief replies only, without any hints of helpfulness. Waiters and waitresses in both dining room and lobby restaurant are also totally unhelpful and the tableware was dirty sometimes. The reception-desk staff confused my order of a taxi, the waitress confused my order of the meal.
Rooms are fitted out with elegant furnitures and flat TV, the bathroom is also renovated. However, the screen on the bathtube is installed firmly and thus it is very difficult to clean the bathtube properly. If I observed my room after lodging, wide strips of mold were around the bathtube (see photo). After my complaint on the reception desk, the mold was partly (but not completely) removed during next day.
My room was located in the corner of the floor, with panoramatic window, but without a balcony. Due to location near a highway, the rooms are very noisy, especially in the night (I assume that the windows are not-sealing) - but it is obviously a problem of all three hotels in this area (Ramada, Leonardo Inn, Park Hotel). The window in my room cannot be opened but air conditioning can be regulated easily in the rooms.
To fit a 4-star international standards, some other aspects should be also changed. For example:
1) Services are poor on Fridays and completely reduced during the Sabbath.
2) Free wi-fi was available neither in the lobby, nor in the rooms. The fee is for one hour or for one day and it is very expensive if compared with similar hotels.
3) Niether a coffee maker nor the minibar are available on the rooms. There is a small empty fridge only.
4) Bathrobes are not available.
5) Key cards did not function solidly.
To summarize, the hotel is overpriced in view of the disappointing services.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Ramada Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem