Joel Meyer - Licensed Tour Guide and Educator in Israel
Review Highlights
Amazing online tour with Joel

Amazing online tour with a lot of thoughts, knowledge and genuineness for such an incredible land... read more

Reviewed 26 November 2023
X1197CQhugom
Online & great!

We did an online tour with Joel in Nov 23! Great and passioned speaker in a difficult circumstance... read more

Reviewed 26 November 2023
Basile A
Antwerp, Belgium

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Jerusalem
from £62.12
from £110.35
from £89.10
from £305.72
More Info
All reviews his knowledge tel aviv golan heights his passion wonderful tour dead sea old city virtual zoom israel culture stories storytelling jaffa audience depth complexities
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I had Joel as a tour guide on my Birthright - Taglit trip for 10 days. Every single day with Joel was another laugh, another insightful comment on modern day Israeli politics, and another great educational lesson about the history of wherever we were. From hikes through the hills to a journey up Masada, Joel had seemingly unlimited energy and drive. His level of personal attention to each of the 48 members of the group was extraordinary, and he even introduced us to his beautiful family. Nowhere else will you find this kind of passion. You can't get a better tour guide than Joel.

Date of experience: December 2016
Joel M, Owner at Joel Meyer - Licensed Tour Guide and Educator in Israel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Thank you Abe!
I learned a lot from you also - along with everyone I'm still waiting for your linguistics lecture on the subject of Eliezer Ben Yehuda and the development of modern Hebrew!
I hope to see you again soon in Israel

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Joel's passion and breadth of knowledge is exemplified in how he interacts with tourists. Joel conveys historical information both with witty humor (such as by role-playing different characters) and facilitating thought provoking conversations. At the same time, Joel has the ability to express multiple viewpoints and remain neutral to different viewpoints expressed. No words can adequately describe just how amazing Joel made our trip. Joel, thank you for making our trip to Israel phenomenal. The trip couldn't have been the same without you!

Deanna thank you!
One of the things that I most enjoy about guiding in Israel is the capacity to learn about ourselves by virtue of the ideas, questions and dilemmas that rise up from the various places that we visit.
Thank you for being open and sharing your own experiences and journey during the trip.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Joel was such an incredible tour guide. He truly cares about the group and puts his heart and soul into everything that he does. I've never met a more passionate person who really loves what he does. I can't say enough good things about him. You'd be crazy not to have him take you through Israel.

Date of experience: January 2017

Thank you so much Caroline!
I am so happy that you had such a wonderful experience in Israel.
The trip was really very special, I felt very privileged to be able to share the experience with you all.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

One of the best tour guides I've had in Israel. he has excellent knowledge and passion, and will teach you new stuff even in places you've been to before (If you're an Israeli like me). Highly recommended!

Date of experience: December 2016

Thank you Eyal! It was really great to meet you. I enjoyed very much having the opportunity to tour with you!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

For the 10 days that I had Joel as my tour guide, he was an absolute joy to be with and an extremely intelligent man. The way he approaches his tour guide method is not just to show you what's there, but to make you wonder about it. However, in showing you what's there, he shows you everything. He gives you every aspect, every point of view, every challenge, and every explanation. He is fun, funny and cunning in his own way. He also, on a personal level, helped facilitate the most important moment of my life. His level of improvisation and guidance towards making the moment beautiful was perfect. If you have a chance to have this man as your tour guide, I suggest not only taking that opportunity,but also cherishing that chance. He is truly one of a kind.

Date of experience: January 2017
Joel M, Owner at Joel Meyer - Licensed Tour Guide and Educator in Israel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Gabe, thank you!
I enjoyed so much touring with you. Your ideas thoughts and questions challenged me too; and of course to help you create the perfect moment to propose marriage was such an honor that I will never forget. I hope very much to see you and Amanda again soon in Israel!