“Worth the East Jerusalem visit”
Review of Azzahra Restaurant

Azzahra Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 730 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Down Town East Jerusalem
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The restaurant has also a recommendable Hotel attached to it.
The unusual thing about it: up front it runs a Pizza oven with very good Italian pizza, but the main part serves Mideastern-Arab cuisine at its best at the same time. So you have the choice of both worlds in a very good restaurant with exquisitely and generously seasoned meals, a good selection of wine and beer at very acceptable prices.
At the same time the waiters are attentive and helpul. If all this is not enough yet you can move to the bar afterwards for a late evening drink or enjoy a waterpipe (Argileh) on the side of the Pizza restaurants. All in all an enjoyable and tasty experience.

1  Thank ChrisJungen

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Good arbic-style food in hotel - as a hotel guest You can enjoy some discount in restaurant - ask at reception!

1  Thank Poker589
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We chose this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews. When we arrived there were people at only one table, but every table was full by the time we left. There were tourists and locals. The staff is very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The pizzas are cooked in a wood oven which is visible from the eating area. On our first visit we each had a pizza. I had a caprese and my husband had one with four meats. They were both delicious; thin crust, fresh ingredients. We went back the next night and the staff remembered us. This time my husband had lamb and I had salmon steak. Again, both were excellent. We also had very good wine. We arrived at about 6 PM and it was "happy hour" so our drinks were two for one. The second night we received a complimentary piece of what can best be described as cheesecake. Very good. We ate here on our second and third (and last) nights in Jerusalem. We wish we had found it on our first night since there were very few dining options near our hotel.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

did I say great service? we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and restaurant and would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank JadeHouse
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great for both eating in and take out (their maqlubeh comes in the best take-out container I've ever seen!), I've never had a bad meal here. I've had food here as a business dinner, with friends, and just my husband and I. Definitely try the fried cheese (very salty, which I love) and the maqlubeh (forewarning, DEFINITELY needs more than one person). We will definitely be returning, probably within a few weeks.

1  Thank Danae_H