“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great location and fantastic rooms. Service at the front desk for checkin, checkout and concierge was also very good. We were there over passover and breakfasts were out of the top drawer. The outdoor dining area for breakfast was a welcome alternative to the spacious dining hall. The barmen at the top floor restaurant are also worth mentioning and their cocktail and mixing knowledge fantastic as to their jovial demeanor...even managing to concoct some memorable non alcoholic variants for our younger family members.Although as a family we typically avoid hotel restaurants, we made an exception in this case and were pleasantly surprised. Our only gripe was that our keycards stopped working at 12pm at exactly checkout time. This small minded tactic deployed by many hotels is irritating especially since we were When one pays top dollar for 2 suites, this action is irritating and unnecessary. A bit of discretionary latitude should be applied. The pool is indoor and a pity... Servicing of rooms was always on time and well done. Room service was also very good. The hotel is in a fantastic and in close walking distance to the Ben Yehuda Pedestrian areas and the old City. The adjoining Mamilla Mall is also a great convenience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear jeff1996,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the location and rooms at Mamilla. Thank you for recognizing the service the front desk, housekeeping staff and room service, as well as the talents of our barmen at the restaurants. We appreciate your comments regarding the key cards. We will look into this matter closely.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Mamilla for 5 nights and highly recommend it. Great and very nicely decorated hotel with wonderful old and new architectural elements. Room on the small side but very well laid out. Excellent food, both for breakfast and at the cafe and the rooftop restaurant, which also has a fantastic view. Concierge were very helpful both before and during our visit. Location is very good close to both old city and the restaurants in the centre.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Chrisik_A,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mamilla hotel. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the location, design and excellent food. Thank you for recognizing our concierge who provided the helpful service that we expect of them every day. We look forward to your next visit.
Hadera, Israel
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I’ve enjoyed my stay and especially the dinner at the rooftop restaurant. The kind and professional service of the waiter Avi Giz made our experience good and I’m waiting to return with my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Gidi S,
Thank you for review and thank you for recognizing Avi from the Rooftop restaurant. We are proud to have him on our team. We look forward to your next visit.
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was told this was the best 5 stars hotel in Jurusalem, so i decided to sleep here for 3 nights.. The position was nice, cloce to the main attracation. Room was spacious, but in terms of cleanliness would need some improvement. Buffet breakfast is not an international one, as I would expect from a % stars hotel, and is mainly made by salted food. Sweet food does not worth the game in terms of variety and quality.
Once arrived, the receptionist offered me a bottle of wine (asking me even if I preferred red or white), to be delivered at my room. Nothing arrived.
I asked for advices for dinner, but it seems I know better Jerusalem (never went there before) than the Concierge!
I booked their internal restaurant for a Saturday dinner, after they showed me the menu. Once I was sit on the table, I realized the menu was completely different.
I ask for a beer in the lobby bar, they sent me to the bar upstairs and from here to the lounge. At the lounge, which was empty, they did not serve me as I did not have the access to such space granted.
I understand people are (almost) not working for Jewish Saturday, but this is an international hotel and if you ask for an espresso Sunday morning, you should have it. If I ask for an espresso in a 5 stars hotel in any western country at Christmas, I am sure I'll have it.
Considering the price of more than 500 USD for a double room in a BB accomodation, I recommend not to sleep in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 13944935
Dear camiceblu,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Mamilla hotel. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured that your comments are very important to us we will address the points you have brought up. We would appreciate it if you could provide us with more details at your convenience. We hope that you will reconsider your decision.
Panama
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Mamilla offers modern décor and a warm feeling perfectly located outside the Old City of Jerusalem, with its own incorporated mall, and nearby all type of places for dining and hanging out. The concierge service (Fernanda and Eyal) was especially attentive to our needs and may times cumbersome requests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear MarvinPanama,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We rae very happy to read that you truly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognizing Eyal and Fernanda who made a memorable impression on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed in the hotel on the weekend before Passover. There were two events going on in the hotel but the staff kept up and it never felt like anyone was being forgotten about. Amir Basti did an excellent job looking after the many rooms that were in our party. All of the staff was attentive and engaging throughout the stay. The room was cleverly designed to be minimalist while still having space for everything. Our studio room looked over the front of the hotel on to King Solomon street and it was perfectly quiet and lovely. Loved that they had american style plugs. Bathroom was great, especially the shower. The only slight negative is the lack of overhead lighting in the room. I will gladly stay here on a return visit to Israel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Seth B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay during Passover at Mamilla hotel. Thank you for recognizing our team's efforts and for recognizing Amir Basti. We appreciate the fact that you pointed out the positives as well as areas that need improvement. We look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I visited Mamilla with my husband a month ago to celebrate our anniversary, and it was my first time at a hotel in Jerusalem (I usually stay around Tel Aviv area). This was by far the best decision I've made this visit to Israel. Every day at the hotel was a delight, spacious rooms, friendly staff and amazing location that puts you right at the center of the city, walking distance from the main city attractions. For our last evening we visited the hotel’s bar to celebrate our anniversary day. We enjoyed a fresh and varied menu and I specifically remember the friendly and helpful staff at the bar, Tom, who made our evening special, and made us want to come back again soon. I defiantly recommend a stay at this hotel, and to take one evening to spend at the trendy bar to make your Jerusalem visit memorable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Milki123,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay at Mamilla hotel. It is an honor that you decided to celebrate your anniversary at our hotel. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recognizing Tom who made a memorable impact on your stay. We look forward to your next visit.