“Comfortable luxury & wonderful location in Jerusalem near Jaffa Gate..”
Review of Mamilla Hotel

Mamilla Hotel
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 28 May 2014

An attractive hotel built from glorious Jerusalem stone with a very modern decor. The roof garden is delightful with a good view but pool in the lower ground would be better on the roof. Dinner on the roof is a must. The rooms are, I concur, small & beds comfortable. The really unusual feature is the bathroom with its glass frosting switch. The shower is terrific. The location is the best with a luxury outdoor mall strung with white fairy lights leading to the Jaffa Gate & the bountiful markets & sights of Jerusalem. The breakfast room is large with a lovely outdoor terrace & the breakfast is great

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Gail G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Mamilla hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the location and appreciated the architecture and design of the hotel. The view from the roof top and sundeck are must see when coming to Mamilla. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel has a great location, the lobby is very nice and in general the staff is very friendly. The rooms are really modern and comfortable and no complaint about them, the style I like, but no real desk to do any work on.

Unfortunately, the view from the room was not any plus point, but if you go to the roof or the restaurant and bar, you have a great view of the old city.

My major complaint is that when I went to prepay my bill the night before we left and asked that my company name be added to the bill, I was told that the change can only be made the next morning when I check out. I asked 3 times and the desk clerk was adament that this can only be done when I finally check out of the room. I couldn't undestand why, but had to accept this.

I prepayed the amount open and went to bed. The next day, when I went to check out and arrange the name change, I was told that this was not posible since the clerk had closed the bill last night and they couldn't change it any more. This I again couldn't understand. I have the experience that before the final bill is printed, I am usually shown the bill and asked if all is ok, that was not the case.

The lady at check out was very polite but said she couldn't do anything about it anymore , that it could not be changed and suggested that she could add the change by hand and put the Hotel Stamp on it to certify it. Which she did.

I wasn't too happy with the solution but accepted it.

Outside of that, we did enjoy our stay and were permitted a late check out, which was really helpful.

Room Tip: Ask if any room with a view. Looking at the building next door is not the that great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack T

Dear JackTrost,

Thank you for taking the time to write your stay. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel.
Please accept our apologies that we were not able to fulfill your request at the front desk. We will make sure to share this with our team and learn from this experience.
Thank you once again and we hope to have pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A unique boutique hotel in an outstanding location. Rooms, while small, are comfortable. Bathroom large with unique liquid crystal glass walls. Public areas are very nice and good sitting areas. The Executive a Lounge, while spacious, had limited food and the staff could be friendlier. Overall the hotel staff is helpful but do not come off as warm
accept for the coffee bar in the lobby they were overly friendly. Roof top bar/resturaunt has a magnificent location is perfect in Jerusalem

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear TSudow,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mamilla hotel. We appreciate your comments because they help us see ourselves from the guest's vantage point. WE will make sure to share your comments with the relevant people. We would love to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very good location. Luxurious hotel but not ostentatious. Go to the roof to see a view of the old city. Parking valet services for 50 ILS a day. Don't use the car in the city. Breakfast is great. Not a typical israeli...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eran V

Dear Eran V,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. The view from the Rooftop is amazing and definitely a must visit. The sundeck is also a great place for a view of Jerusalem. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived yesterday & am really enjoying the hotel & it's close proximity to The Jaffa Gate.

Our room is large & well thought out. A fun feature is the ability to turn the bathrooms frosted glass walls to clear & back. No idea how this works or what benefit this is for & my wife has told me to stop playing with it already!!

Dinner last night was very good with attentive & good service by our waiter Avi . As a kosher hotel the chef created some tasty & even exotic dishes. With some glasses of wine but without dessert but with coffee the bill came to 550 for 2. The view over the old City walls is something else. Loads of heaters are provided to keep the cool evening temperatures at bay.

Breakfast was very good too with a huge option of cooked eggs fruit pastries salads cheese & much much more.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear stevenjf,
Welcome to Mamilla hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience so far. We are very happy to read that you enjoy playing with the class and that you have had a chance to try dinner at our hotel. We wish you a truly enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was a great week spent at Mamilla. We had a bar mitzvah in the city and most of the family from abroad stayed at Mamilla. My sister and I had a shared room which was kind of crowded, but only because the beds were separated. My parents' room had a king size bed and the room was much more reasonable. Either way, the decor, ambience and cleanliness were perfect. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Israel and I've never been to one that had such a modernist and sleek approach that also blended so well with the Middle Eastern flair of the city. If you are one who has a thing with bathrooms (being well designed and clean and all) this is the place for you. Both restaurants were SUPERB! The rooftop one is unbeatable in its location, however a little chilly one of the nights - they had heaters though... The food at the cafe was better in my opinion. Maybe I would opt on getting drinks on the rooftop and dinner at Mamilla Cafe. Staff at the restaurant were so friendly and attentive. Portions were great and the soup was out of this world. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and it reminded me of food that my Greek grandmother makes, aka great!!! What I really liked about the whole hotel is that they delivered the service as necessary, and didn't pretend to be something they are not. The food was definitely gourmet, but the young and vibrant feel of the building itself and the staff made the entire stay so comfortable. Really hoping to be able to stay there again!!!

Room Tip: None of the views are that impressive - maybe some of them have views of the Mamilla promenade, but...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear DavidKordova,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Mamilla hotel. We are very happy to read that you a wonderful week at our property. We will make sure to share your remarks with both our restaurants. I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I find that I tend to think of a hotel in terms of the service and hospitality more than I do its actual grounds. This hotel however confused me as I've never really had to separate the two. Luxury hotels usually mean superior service. From check-in where the staff was curt and downright impolite to the response to our door not working properly which resulted in us changing rooms after we unpacked and at 2 in the morning when we arrived tired from a long night out(to which the response was "we are changing your room that is enough" and it was done in a long dragged out manner while I was almost asleep on the lobby couch), to checkout where they just lacked the courtesy I am used to when staying at a beautiful hotel. Overall though I did rate it 3 stars because it is high end and if you just refrain from any small talk and breeze through check in and check out (not my case unfortunately), then the stay will be pleasant. The spa was great and the room itself was fabulous as was the breakfast. Will I stay here again? With so many other beautiful hotels around, the answer is NO. O and I may add, it's more of a business hotel, not kid friendly. I did not have kids with me so this did not effect my review.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate F

Dear Kate F,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in September 2013. We apologize that we were not able to provide you with a better impression of our service. We also apologize that you had to be inconvenienced by a malfunctioning door in the middle of the night. We hope that despite the above, you will reconsider to stay with us.