“Perfection”
Review of Mamilla Hotel

Mamilla Hotel
Ranked #15 of 102 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It is rare indeed to find perfection but we did at the Mamilla Hotel in Jerusalem.

Beautiful public rooms all in Jerusalem stone.

Lovely bedrooms beautifully appointed with divinely comfortable beds and lovely linen. Amazing bathroom with glass walls that become opaque at the touch of a button.

Outstanding Rooftop Restaurant with superb food and wines and fantastic service.

And talking about service - it was exemplary. The Staff could not have been more helpful, responsive or professional or more friendly.

This deserves a 6 star rating ! and Eyal deserves a special mention for his amazing service.

Room Tip: ask for a room on floors 1-6 if you want a bath rather than just a shower
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GillyflowerofLondon
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear GillyflowerofLondon,
It is truly wonderful to read that you found perfection at Mamilla hotel during your stay. Thank you for recognizing Eyal of our host team who always comes to the hotel with a smile on his face. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

hotel front dest stuff need to be trained.....
rooms beautiful,location just outside of the old city.
delicius breakfast specially the local goat chesse seems there is
a specialist choosing the chesse.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LosAngelesSnagov
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear LosAngelesSnagov,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Mamilla hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the location and the local goat cheese at breakfast. Our executive chef ensures that the products that we offer are of the highest quality.
We apologize that your interaction with the front desk has left you with a unsatisfactory experience. We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details as to how the front desk failed to provide the service that you expected.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my second stay in the Mamilla Hotel and you cannot beat its location. I stayed there for 2 nights on the 19th and 20th of May 2014. We had 2 experiences that you would not expect of a hotel such as the Mamilla. The first happened at breakfast when on mentioning to the waiter that the bread was dry and obviously not fresh, he offered to toast it for us, just making it drier. We were expecting an offer for fresh bread...The second experience happened when we went to check out at 11:30, we were told that we had already been checked out and my credit card was charged - I should mention that we spend the last hour packing in our room and that my car was parked in the hotel's parking!!! A single call to the room or my cell phone or even to the parking attendant would have told the staff that we were still on the premices!!! This led to credit card charges having to be cancelled as I wanted to pay with a differant card and having to wait for a half an hour until the whole mess was sorted out!! Were we offered beverages while wasting precious time??? No!!! As I mentioned ZERO EFFORT.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SonyaShtiglitz

Dear Ms. Shtiglitz,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced on the day of your departure and duuring breakfast. I will make sure to share this with our team in order to prevent it from reoccuring in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. This allows us the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm a travel journalist for La Carmina blog, and stayed here during my trip to Jerusalem, Israel. I personally love stark, modern hotels, so the Mamilla was a welcome surprise in this ancient city. The unique design, by Moshe Safdie and Piero Lissoni, puts preserved stone walls next to a metal staircase. The holistic Akasha Wellbeing Center was a peaceful place to relax, and the roof gave us a magnificent view of the Old City walls, Tower of David and Jaffa Gate. Social media-wise, the staff is plugged in, tweeting me @lacarmina and sharing my posts on their Facebook page. I'd come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear LaCarmina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your expereicne at Mamilla hotel. We are very pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

An attractive hotel built from glorious Jerusalem stone with a very modern decor. The roof garden is delightful with a good view but pool in the lower ground would be better on the roof. Dinner on the roof is a must. The rooms are, I concur, small & beds comfortable. The really unusual feature is the bathroom with its glass frosting switch. The shower is terrific. The location is the best with a luxury outdoor mall strung with white fairy lights leading to the Jaffa Gate & the bountiful markets & sights of Jerusalem. The breakfast room is large with a lovely outdoor terrace & the breakfast is great

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Gail G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Mamilla hotel. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the location and appreciated the architecture and design of the hotel. The view from the roof top and sundeck are must see when coming to Mamilla. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel has a great location, the lobby is very nice and in general the staff is very friendly. The rooms are really modern and comfortable and no complaint about them, the style I like, but no real desk to do any work on.

Unfortunately, the view from the room was not any plus point, but if you go to the roof or the restaurant and bar, you have a great view of the old city.

My major complaint is that when I went to prepay my bill the night before we left and asked that my company name be added to the bill, I was told that the change can only be made the next morning when I check out. I asked 3 times and the desk clerk was adament that this can only be done when I finally check out of the room. I couldn't undestand why, but had to accept this.

I prepayed the amount open and went to bed. The next day, when I went to check out and arrange the name change, I was told that this was not posible since the clerk had closed the bill last night and they couldn't change it any more. This I again couldn't understand. I have the experience that before the final bill is printed, I am usually shown the bill and asked if all is ok, that was not the case.

The lady at check out was very polite but said she couldn't do anything about it anymore , that it could not be changed and suggested that she could add the change by hand and put the Hotel Stamp on it to certify it. Which she did.

I wasn't too happy with the solution but accepted it.

Outside of that, we did enjoy our stay and were permitted a late check out, which was really helpful.

Room Tip: Ask if any room with a view. Looking at the building next door is not the that great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack T

Dear JackTrost,

Thank you for taking the time to write your stay. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel.
Please accept our apologies that we were not able to fulfill your request at the front desk. We will make sure to share this with our team and learn from this experience.
Thank you once again and we hope to have pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

A unique boutique hotel in an outstanding location. Rooms, while small, are comfortable. Bathroom large with unique liquid crystal glass walls. Public areas are very nice and good sitting areas. The Executive a Lounge, while spacious, had limited food and the staff could be friendlier. Overall the hotel staff is helpful but do not come off as warm
accept for the coffee bar in the lobby they were overly friendly. Roof top bar/resturaunt has a magnificent location is perfect in Jerusalem

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
George L, Front Office Manager at Mamilla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear TSudow,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mamilla hotel. We appreciate your comments because they help us see ourselves from the guest's vantage point. WE will make sure to share your comments with the relevant people. We would love to be able to welcome you back in the future.