“Great location”

Ranked #41 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Very happy with this hotel-stayed for 3 nights and my friend and I had a spacious, clean twin room. Good breakfast and friendly helpful staff. If I was going back I would stay again and found it really good value for money. It is near Damascus Gate, bus stations and very easy to find your way around from there.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room -I did and was very happy.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 99alexa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2013

When we finally found the hotel I realized what a terrible mistake I had made. The neighborhood was unsavory and not very clean, and the parking was 2 blocks away. The second mistake was paying before we saw the room. We were put on the 3rd floor even though I asked for a lower floor because of a heart condition. When we got in the room I asked where was the advertised air conditioning and the desk man pointed to a wide open window (no screen to stop the flies and bugs) and a fan in front of it. He left before I could say anything else. If I had not been unwell we would have left. Every wall had a large crack in it from ceiling to floor, and the bathroom door was splintered and coming apart for a 3 inch strip across it. The bathroom floor was dirty with grunge built up in corners. Old is one thing, but dirty is something else (and I have pictures). Yes it was within walking distance of the Damascus gate, which I would not recommend people use. However, we didn't know until we got there. We had to keep our window open all night because of the heat and the street noise went on until at least 3 a.m. The only saving grace was the police station on the corner - and yes, there were sirens through the night. There was only 1 working electrical outlet in the room. Yes, there was a breakfast - minimal and basic. We overpaid for the 1 nights and I consider this a good lesson in how some of these ads and reviews are untruthful. I don't know if we were put in a room that they only use once in a blue moon, or if it was typical. I do know that staying in that hotel was a horrible experience, we were charged $120.00 U.S. and it was thievery.

Room Tip: You are best off somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tilleytravels

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The view from the bedroom window was of a very old cemetery and in the background I could see the Old City Wall so right away I loved it. The room was basic, the bathtub small but it is really meant for sitting in verses walking around in. Food basic. Staff friendly. We did worry about the keys as mentioned before but never had a problem. A few blocks away from the Damascus gate so it is such a great location. Big lounge which we never used but looked comfortable. Good price I believe around $70 dollars a night for all 3 of us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Mexico
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed with my mom last month, the staff is great they help with everything you need, the breakfast is really good, the only bad thing is, there is not real coffee :( The room was good enough, but no WiFi in the rooms only in the common areas. I would definitely stay there again it is walking distance from everything, and right by Herod's gate

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Agoda for $65 one night. When I arrived, the man at the front desk demanded my credit card " just in case" and then charged me again for the hotel room. Im now going through Agoda to get my money back. The bath tub is extremely small and is awkward to shower in and I'm not a big person. The neighborhood is not good and not busy. 5 men followed me back to my hotel during the day and it took a long time for me to find another tourist or someone safe to walk outside on my way to the airport. I left my luggage in their unlocked luggage room and when i got to my hotel, there was no one at the front desk for 10 minutes, so i walked into the luggage room and took my bag (while standing uncomfortably while the men outside were staring at me through the window). Not very secure. Breakfast is okay, but don't eat the cornflakes. They sit on the table open to air all day and night and i saw the staff picking up the dropped cornflakes off of the table and putting it back into the bowl.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank aznsweety
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The location of this hotel is good,it is very near Herods gate entrance of the Al Aqsa wall.The rooms are average and the baths are slightly small.
The group was on ahalf board basis at this hotel.Breakfast could ceratinly be improved,very little choice,set menu.Dinner was great,most warm hearty soup and excellent buffet menu with some great salads.Desssert was a fruit-no drinks with meals these you had to pay for.

The hotel is old but clean,and staff was very hospitable.Affordabilty was good for such a hotel since accomodation in Jerusalem is expensive.There are shops all around and restuarants down the street,even a supermarket.Foreign exchange was directly opposite.
I would certainly stay there again

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and the rooms had excellent view of street
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here last week and loved the hospitality of the staff here. The hotel is located in the Arab Quarter near both Herod's Gate and the Damascus gate. The rooms are clean and quiet and the breakfast and evening meal are more than enough. The staff are brilliant. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you Rivoli!

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the end of the corridor on the second floor with the view out towards the Mount...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends