“Terrible Customer Service”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighbourhood: American Colony
Neighbourhood: American Colony
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I happened to have an awful experience there, one evening I was sitting outside, working on my computer for an hour or so, when I got up to leave, I smelt smoke, and I realized my knapsack was on fire. I had placed it under the table, and floor - light - that was improperly covered, and too strong burnt through my bag. Most of the contents of my bag burnt, including my passport which was burnt around the edges. I waited there for three hours to try to get some assistance, or compensation for the damage. The police said they couldn't do anything and I would have to go to court, but I had no time to file a lawsuit for about 300$ dollars of damage when I had to leave the country. I was extremely insulted by the customer service there, and it was hard to communicate with the employees. Overall, I have been coming there for years always enjoyed the ambiance, wifi, and drinks, but now I would be reluctant to return and recommend the cafe to others

1  Thank chanibernstein

Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you are familiar with Coffee Bean in the US this place does not reflect the US version. The service I had was horrible. It took then 20 minutes to come pick up my bill. None of the waiters care. All just chat among each other. The Israeli cafes are definitely better.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A great place to sit and take a break. Reasonable prices, table service, pieces of cake are huge and need to be shared!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Jaffa street is bustling at any hour of the day, so this place acts as some sort of oasis of calm in the middle of all that chaos.

It's a relatively vast coffee shop with good A/C and reliable wifi. There is more tables outside, but enjoying a cool few minutes over a nice cup of coffee was heaven for me given the sultry heat. It's pretty similar to any other The Coffee Bean Company around the world, yet it offers a little slice of respite in chaotic Jerusalem. The no-smoking rule is strictly enforced; that alone makes it worth a visit.

So if you are looking for a cool, calm place where you can take it easy for a while, savoring a nice cup of coffee, this is definitely the place to go in the New City!

1  Thank Pat5150
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I love this cafe! Great location & atmosphere to sit & relax. The wifi connection is a plus. The staff is really nice & does not rush you.