“Great view, great food, excellent vegan cake”

Te'enim Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #73 of 749 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have reviewed this place before and I am glad to see that the food is as good as it was a year ago. I could not resist and had the steamed veggies again. Delicious. However, this time I discovered the vegan apricot cake. The slices are generous, but this did not stop me of ordering three. Delicious.

Hint: Go in the late afternoon (around 5PM) to avoid the crowds. You will enjoy a table by the window in a silent and wonderful space.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a fine meal of skewered tofu and veggies with a reasonable satay sauce. In contrast to the 3/11/14 review, I'd have to say 'disgusting' is not a word I'd use for this place. Pleasant, tasty, staple food are my thoughts on the place. Great view of the old city from up on a hill across the way...that plus perfectly nice vegetarian fare make this a solid place to visit!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We celebrated my birthday there yesterday, party of five Israelis. We got a table with a perfect view of the old city. The dishes were great without exception .The Acorn squash was particularly interesting. The service was also excellent.
Prices are intermediate.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This restaurant is overlooks the Old City and is right near the King David and other hotels in the area. I enjoyed a great dinner with a beautiful salad and some fresh vegetable juice. The waitress was pleasant and the view was very good.

It's in a community center building. I wouldn't say it's inexpensive, but it's a very good place for a relatively high end vegetarian meal.

I would definitely return

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went for a large group lunch.

The food we got was a platter of several different dishes, don't remember exactly what they were.
The pasta (NIS 50 around) was mediocre. The baba-ganoush, smoked eggplant dish was excellent, as was the mixed salad, although that is difficult to mess up.

The highlight was the rich and unique chocolate cake which possessed flavors I have not encountered in cake before. Exotic, undecipherable stuff. The carrot cake was good but still lost out by a slim margin.

Avoid the strawberry cake, according to others.

Nice view, nice neighbourhood.