“The Leonardo Jerusalem made us feel at home in a perfect ambiance at a comfortable part of this beautiful city.”

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #16 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Houten, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 April 2011

A very nice, modern large hotel in the centre of Jerusalem. Great variety in dinner en breakfastmeals. It looked en tasted excellent! The rooms were nice and clean.

Room Tip: Best room is at the 8th floor on the frontside
  • Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Olga4735

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We stayed 14 days and we liked it very much and enjoyed it every day.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had a wonderful time. Your food was superb and the hotel has a great location. But when my dad got ill on the day we were scheduled to leave, your staff showed its true strength -- helping my family at this critical time. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2011
California
Reviewed 23 March 2011

The best thing is the location. You can walk to the Old City. (It takes awhile.) Our hotel room was not properly cleaned each day and we were there a week. Drinking glasses were never changed; no mattress pad on bed. The dining room carpet was very dirty. There was a popular morning latte maker in the dining room who disappeared after a few days and was never replaced. We asked the cost of an extra meal there and had two different prices quoted by staff at different times and were charged a third price on leaving. Helpful-appearing staff would say, "I will get back to you" and never did.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Queretaro City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 February 2011

My wife, son and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. Although lobby and facade look very nice, rooms are small and old. I had to pay $65/night to get an upgrade to just and average room but highre and with better view. I agree the hotel is not really 4 stars. it was the worst hotel of our Middle east tour, we had better hotels even at Jordan. Restaurant is good. Internet costs $15 per day and password is only valid in one device. Stay in other hotel.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank salvador96
FattalM, Public Relations at Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Dear guest,

Your comments are of great importance to all of us and will assist us in our efforts to continuously maintain and improve the standards of level you may expect from us.

The rooms at the Hotel are currently undergoing renovation. The rooms that already have been renovated got an amazing upgrade in appearance.

As per the internet, we do have fixed internet fees as we work with an external internet provider company.

I would like to reassure you that we always strive to deliver an extraordinary service and feedback as yours allows us to improve on that.

Ilana
Public Relations dept.
Fattal Management
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I stayed in Leonardo Hotel during my Christmas vacation. I took this opportunity to escapr from my hometown and visit the holy city of Jerusalem. I never traveled with this group before and am so glad I chose to do so. Our tour guide was the best and took us way back in time... back to the days of the first temple. what an amazing experience! thing is, most times I didn't really wanna leave the hotel. The pool was awesome and so were all other services! I highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2010
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Stayed there for six nights as part of a large group.

Rooms are about average in size, and cleanliness. Beds are typical european style with only the mattress on top of the frame (no box mattress like in North America) which suited me fine, however the linens, even though washed, had stains on them. Washroom was fine - not the most updated, but at least all the plumbing worked and faucets didn't drip. Must make a note of the faucet at the sink - the handle is large and points straight up, so chances are good that if you're leaning over the sink, you will bang your head on the handle. The water closet is in a separate room and worked fine. The room did lack an extra garbage bin so the one in the washroom, being small, got filled-up quickly.

Elevators sucked!
The Shabat one stops at every floor - when running - which it never did for the whole time we were there, while the other two pretty well uselless as well. It's not uncommon to have to wait 10 minutes or more for it to show-up at your floor. If you're in shape, it pays to walk the stairs.

Buffet breakfasts were excellent, although the waiters badly need training in manners. They had us sitting in one part of the large dining area which proved to be too small for our group. When some people sat in other sections, they were told to move in a rude manner. Also, many people working at the hotel have poor knowledge of the english language which is very surprising for this type of the hotel and for the country as a whole.

Some of the front desk people are also incompetent to the point were they could not get me the telephone number of the airline company I was flying with (it's one of the largest in the World, and probably brings in the most tourists to Israel). Later, when I asked another employee (different shift) he did manage to find it after a very long search. Such incompetence is inexcusable in my opinion for a hotle that caters to foreigners.

There is a Fitness Centre, but it was always closed while we were there. So, I have no idea what the point of it is.

Location wise, it's pretty good - about 15-20 minutes walking distance from the Damascus Gate.

Would I stay there again?

Nope!
Not if I can help it. But, when you travel as a group, you don't have say which hotel the tour operator books for you.

• Stayed December 2010