“A beautiful centrally located comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Jerusalem
Bartlett, Illinois
“A beautiful centrally located comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

This Hotel is close to the Old City, we were able to reach it by foot in 20 minutes. The bedrooms are large and spacious with wood floors. The best thing I liked about this Hotel is their breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Their selection is unbelievable, always fresh and they serve different dishes daily.

Room Tip: The hotel is large so you would ask for a room closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank my4bratzz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kfar Saba, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

great location near city tram station.....good and rich variety of breakfast.
worm welcome of reception staff.
room was large and commutable separate toilet & bathroom.
the only lack we found was that WIFI was not free!!!
we will certainly return to Leonardo Jerusalem....

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gil M
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the Leonardo Jerusalem early morning and there was only one lone male staff at the front desk. He had to pick up room service calls, advise other callers on the weather and temperature, and find a room ready for me and my travel companion. Needless to say he didn't look happy, and didn't even have time to look up as he talked to me. I don't blame him for it. Maybe if he had more help up front, the level of service provided would've been better. Since it was too early to check in anyways, we were able to store our luggages and trek to the old city through Damascus Gate which was about 10-15 minutes away. We passed the garden tomb on the way there. The room was clean, but dining room could be better. It is not cheap to eat there, so please clean crumbs off the table and chairs. The food was fabulous though and the staff friendly. The only scary thing which happened was on our first night at the hotel- we were in our room and someone knocked on our door at 8 pm. We are two females traveling on our own so we didn't open the door. There is no peep hole on the door so I could not see who was knocking so I asked who it was. The man said he was giving us room service. I said we did not order room service. He said it was complimentary but he didn't say what it was, he just kept urging us to open the door and continued knocking. I called down to the front desk to ask if they sent anything complimentary -and the female who picked up said she didn't know, but encouraged me to open the door to find out who it was. I said I don't want to open because it might not be safe. She even had a bit of attitude in her voice and told me to open it because it might be hotel security. I advised her that the guy said room service, but we didn't order any. I told her the guy keeps knocking and won't leave. She sounded annoyed as she kept insisting for me to open the door so we would both know who it was knocking. When i tood her i wasn't going to, she finally said she was going to send someone to check it out. I don't know if she did. The knocking stopped. The next day I went to front desk to ask in person if it's standard to receive complimentary room service at 8 pm, and the guy said no. Thank goodness I didn't listen to the lady I spoke with the night before and kept the door shut. So my suggestion is to please improve security...I observed indifferent people sitting at the door. They appear to not care who walked in to the hotel, unlike other hotels who really ask you who you are and makes sure you have a room in there. Please also maybe add more staff to the front desk so they won't be overworked and they'll be more helpful. Please also train them that customer service should be first, and the people who greet guests are more important than the actual building itself. Please also teach your staff not to give wrong advice to guests and encourage them to invite trouble by opening the door to strangers. Had we listened to that lady at the front desk that night, we might have received something complimentary, but then again it could've been a robber and we would've been hurt. I travelled a lot during this trip, and unfortunately, this hotel was the only one whose staff answered "I don't know" to questions that I asked, and I observed the same when other guests asked questions. During traveling, we actually rely on the front desk and concierge for all kinds of information about the surroundings and activities. The expectation is that they would greet you with a smile and be friendly and knowledgeable. Please train your staff better, then I believe the level of service will just naturally also become better. I also stayed at the Leonardo hotel tel aviv during this visit to Israel. It was smaller but they always had 2 friendly and knowledgeable people up front which made the stay much more pleasant. The Leonardo Jerusalem can take tips from the hotel branch in tel aviv. Thank you.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mushu D
Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

GOOD: Helpful staff, parquet floor in the rooms, separate toilet & bathroom, 10 min on foot till Old City, 3 min on foot till tram station from which you can reach Central Bus Station

NOT GOOD: Rooms with windows to the road are very noisy. Wi-Fi is NOT free and rather expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with window to the court (yard). They are not so noisy as with windows to the road...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Omg this hotel was amazing!!!!!!! i love it and i recommend it.
The service was outstanding and it was very very clean.
The food was so good i was in heaven. I came with a group and it was great and the location
is very convenient. I highly recommend Leonardo Jerusalem Hotel to anyone who wants to see Jerusalem and have an amazing time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We had a group of about 50 people stay at the hotel and we had about 20 rooms booked. Multiple people had their cash stolen, one girls had her iPhone stolen, and multiple people had thousands of dollars of charges from stolen credit card numbers.
Their service was atrocious in terms of attitude at the front desk by several people. Front desk lady yelled at me for giving her change in coins to pay for a phone call and told me my coins are worthless. After which she cursed under her breath in Arabic and then accepted my money.
The breakfast is great though! Lots of food, most of it very fresh. Freshly prepared espresso too.
However, I would not stay here again and would not recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Zivzivziv
Albania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Located in East Jerusalem (right across the formal road/border), it is one of the couple hotels stay side by side near the American consulate (actually the consulate services are provided in different location). The walk to the old city is 15 min, it is OK. The walk to the city center is through the religious quarter, so pay attention to your dress and contacts.
The equipment in hotel is working properly, but many things are worn out, and the smell of the deodorant in the corridors is depressing.
Rooms are OK.
The pool is not open Sut, out of the building.
Breakfast is not bad, but no meat, and served in the basement without windows, while the nice restaurant area near the lobby is used for restaurant only.
I could tolerate when I was called "old gentleman" being in my 60, but I was shocked that they billed the card of my son-in law again after deposited full cost ahead on my card for the same rooms. I wrote to the management instantly, and now for a whole week have no reply from them.

Room Tip: There is no real difference, but at the 8th floor the have balconies
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family