“The best hotel in Jerusalem !”

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #19 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I visit the Leonardo hotel last year. I must to say this is different hotel ! It is amazing hotel .
The hotel is renovated from last year , new amazing spa is now available .
The staff is very professional and so kind .
The big amazing service is Free international calls and Free Internet service !!!!!

I am sayings that I will return to this hotel next year !

Room Tip: Any rooms is great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I love the staff services in Leonardo ,Jerusalem, the environmental cleanliness is unique.
and the their rates is incomparable by the standards of a four star hotel, conveniently placed within the centre of Jerusalem.

I will always be there anytime I am in Israel, because I can not compromise on quality.

Edward Eminsang offei
Executive Director
Christian Awards Trust

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward C
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Election day at leonardo was succesfull it was very orgenized and happy day for all of us. The press was here and all the big rabby in israel. The staff was very professional and kind . I liked the hotel that was nice and clean and great location . All the managers coopareted with all the team. Yosi

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel's facilities and staff made our stay wonderful. From the moment we entered the hotel and approached the reception, we've got the feeling that the staff is working just to make us happy. The room was excellent and very clean. The breakfast was rich and well organized. The view from the room's windows together with lovely Jerusalem made us very pleased. I' m sure I will use the same hotel in my next stay in Jerusalem.
Thanks

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We arrived at about 1930 on a Thursday night. We luckily found a parking space outside the hotel (free parking).
Considering that I carry a gun, I was quite surprised that the “security” guard at the entrance to the hotel didn’t even think of asking me to look at my license (which I thought quite strange and not really very responsible).
At reception there were 2 people and we were dealt with quite quickly. We paid and got our key cards and went off to our room. Outside our room….we stood and tried, with both cards to get in, but with no luck. It seems that they had forgotten to program the room number into the key!
Leaving my wife next to the room with the bags, I went downstairs and spoke to reception. They (re)programmed the keycards and sent me back to my room with a security guard. The new keys worked ( both of them), and the security guard left us to go in.
The room was OK sized. Not massive but not tiny. There was no Balcony, but there was a pleasant-ish view of the pool below. There was a separate toilet and bathroom ( which has both pro’s and cons’s), a good sized double bed and a 32” LCD TV on the wall ( with Satellite TV). A long desk, with mini bar, plenty of cupboard and draw space was also present. There was a Sofa (that could convert to a sofa bed for say, 2 kids – if the need be). Tidyness/Cleanliness was not bad. There were a few marks on the walls/doors, a few holes/stains in the bathroom and the bed looked a little worn, but overall not too bad. There was a little bit of a strange smell, that actually got worse during the course of Shabbat.
On the Friday morning, we went for breakfast which was excellent. There was a massive choice of both sweet and savory. I can honestly say that there was nothing that I could think of that was missing. There were plenty of tables and we went straight in without waiting.
Friday was spent out and about. We came back at about lunchtime and parked the car (more about that later) and went off on the light railway (nearest stop about 200meters away from the Hotel) to Machane Yehuda Market.
There was a synagogue in the Hotel and I prayed Friday night at the Sephardi Minyan in the basement. Later at Supper, I was told that at the next Hotel along, 50 or so meters away, there was an Ashkenazi Minyan ( so that is where I went in the morning).
Supper was also of an excellent quality. Lots to choose from, but 2 bad things of note: first, 1 they ran out of some of the desserts and second, there was a big queue to get into the dining room. We were only a couple and so were found a table pretty quickly, but families had to wait a bit.
After Shabbat Morning prayers, I came back to the Hotel and met my wife for breakfast. There was still an excellent choice, but slightly less ,as there were obviously no “live cooking” acts ( waffles, eggs etc.) because ofShabbat.
Immediately after breakfast at 1100, the Hotel had brought 2 tour guides to do free walking tours for those who wanted. 2 groups of about 20 or so people went off in different directions. It was an excellent way of spending 3 hours. The guide was very interesting and it was a nice gesture on the part of the Hotel for the clients. We got back at about 1415…just in time for a late lunch!
Lunch was, as with the other meals, of a high standard with lots of choice, good service from the Waiters/Waitresses and tasty.
After a relaxing couple of hours, we went off for another walk, this time, by ourselves to the Western Wall. It was supposed to be about a 20 or so minute walk, but due to Ramadan evening prayers, we were not allowed into the Old city via the Damascus Gate and had to walk all the way round to the New Gate ( and then on to the Jaffa Gate ). It took about 35 minutes or so and was a bit of a pain.
We walked back from the “Kotel” just before Shabbat went out and then we got ourselves packed up and out of our room.
I was bloody annoyed to reach my car and find a 100 NIS parking ticket, written out on Shabbat morning by a parking attendant. I noticed that all of the cars in the row had them. After walking to the end of the road I saw that the particular parking row was designated for Buses. To be honest, the whole parking situation is pretty complicated, with cars parked in different areas of St George Road. It is not clear where is OK to park and where not. If you park in the Hotel carpark it costs 20NIS a day ( 24 hours), but if you leave and come back, you have to pay another 20NIS. It was a shame that something like a parking upset me at the end of a nice weeked.
To Summarise: The Room was OK, nothing special, and a little smelly and a bit worn. Food was excellent as was service in the dining room. The Walking tour was a nice free extra, but the parking ticket was a pain. Location is perfect.

Room Tip: If you are gonna park on the road... ask a million times where it is OK to do it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BJREisman
Reviewed 20 July 2013

this hotel have a great location for tourists, very close to old city, 7 miniutes walking from the west old wall and the most popular attraction in Jerusalem. Also have a free International phone call for all states servise. A greate servise of free internet in the lobby. Amazing breakfasts with all kinds of dishes u can think about.

Room Tip: dosen't mether, all flors look great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel is great, value for money and the staff are very friendly/
The food there is very good and the location is exactly what we needed.
We highly recommended to anyone travelling to Isarel.
Enjoy!!