“Dining Room Manager Very Rude to My Party”

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 2 November 2013

When we arrived for dinnier, my party of 50 was told to sit in a certain section of the dining room. We all sat in the spaces provided and the dining room manager came in and started telling everyone to move to another table. We were already eating at the tim and when we were reluctant to move he became very argumentative. The rooms and service otherwise was great!

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel, but eat somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael M
Write a ReviewReviews (2,170)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed in the Leonardo Hotel for 2 nights weekend Thur-Sat. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and very charming. The hotel is situated an easy 10 min walk from one of the gates of the old city and a 2 minute walk to the quiet and efficient New Light Railway which runs through the heart of the city.
During our stay we enjoyed excellent meals in the Leonardo. Both the breakfast and dinner were lavish with many delicious choices. The room was spacious, very comfortable and clean and the view all the way to the distant hills was amazing.
Housekeeping showed up when needed within 10 minutes with a pleasant smile which is always welcome.
Jerusalem is an amazing city that has existed for thousand of years and is revered by most religions and people of the world.
Should we stay in the city again we shall certainly return to the Leonardo.
The location, price, good food and wonderful service make it an excellent choice to stay in.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view .
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orna M
Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you are looking for a great hotel in an amazing position, then you need to go here. Fantastic staff, large and clean rooms, excellent food and a wonderful atmosphere. Would recommend this hotel for groups, but also like us, a couple just in Jerusalem for a couple of nights

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed a 7 days during Feast of Tabernacles with a conference group. Breakfast & Dinner were excellent, great variety of food. The room was spacious and comfortable. Walking distance to the Old city and close to the light rail. Staff helpful and we had a wonderful massage in the Health Centre. Would recommend the Leonardo Hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I visit Jerusalem for the first time we had stay at Leonardo Jerusalem we had the best time great rooms best food in town and most of all the service which was more than great very one should know that this the hotel to stay

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Leonardo Hotel JERUSALEM, was amazing from the minute you book in until you leave the staff and service is excellent.

The hotel is clean and value for money especially if you book the dinner and breakfast option. The rooms are clean and clearly up to a 4* expectation. The hotel is near all major attractions and walking distance from Damaskus gate.

The staff in the diningroom stood out for me during this trip. They are not only friendly and helpful but also remember personal preferences. I ordered a wine for my mom and soda water for myself the fist night. The second night the waiter asked me whether he can bring me the same. Please remember that this hotel is extremely busy and for someone to remember what you drink amongst all these people is amazing. The chef certainly receives my recommendation. He has the nutritional and calorie value of almost everything you eat next to the dish. They strive to serve healthy and fesh food and gets it right.
Both breakfas and dinner is a feast for the eyes and tummy!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone jsut because of the service we received but the hotel is so much more. Everything is clean and the staff go out of their way to assist. I needed and extra pillow for my mom and even though the staff member did not understand my request he took me to a room to show him what I needed. Within minutes I received the extra pillow and withing 10 minutes I had a call from reception to ask me if I was happy with the pillow. GREAT service over all!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not next to the elevator since it can become busy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MannaJhb
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The rooms standard is low. Very old, minuscule and somewhat shabby bathroom. Brown traces on the wall of the toilets! For over 200usd a night, this is definitely not good value for money in jerusalem and I would definitely go elsewhere if I return here. Good location, and nice view if you do not end up along the highway as we did before I asked a room change!

• Stayed: October 2013