“Such a brilliant experience!”

Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
Ranked #17 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Denver, Colorado
“Such a brilliant experience!”
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I stayed in Leonardo Hotel during my Christmas vacation. I took this opportunity to escapr from my hometown and visit the holy city of Jerusalem. I never traveled with this group before and am so glad I chose to do so. Our tour guide was the best and took us way back in time... back to the days of the first temple. what an amazing experience! thing is, most times I didn't really wanna leave the hotel. The pool was awesome and so were all other services! I highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Stayed there for six nights as part of a large group.

Rooms are about average in size, and cleanliness. Beds are typical european style with only the mattress on top of the frame (no box mattress like in North America) which suited me fine, however the linens, even though washed, had stains on them. Washroom was fine - not the most updated, but at least all the plumbing worked and faucets didn't drip. Must make a note of the faucet at the sink - the handle is large and points straight up, so chances are good that if you're leaning over the sink, you will bang your head on the handle. The water closet is in a separate room and worked fine. The room did lack an extra garbage bin so the one in the washroom, being small, got filled-up quickly.

Elevators sucked!
The Shabat one stops at every floor - when running - which it never did for the whole time we were there, while the other two pretty well uselless as well. It's not uncommon to have to wait 10 minutes or more for it to show-up at your floor. If you're in shape, it pays to walk the stairs.

Buffet breakfasts were excellent, although the waiters badly need training in manners. They had us sitting in one part of the large dining area which proved to be too small for our group. When some people sat in other sections, they were told to move in a rude manner. Also, many people working at the hotel have poor knowledge of the english language which is very surprising for this type of the hotel and for the country as a whole.

Some of the front desk people are also incompetent to the point were they could not get me the telephone number of the airline company I was flying with (it's one of the largest in the World, and probably brings in the most tourists to Israel). Later, when I asked another employee (different shift) he did manage to find it after a very long search. Such incompetence is inexcusable in my opinion for a hotle that caters to foreigners.

There is a Fitness Centre, but it was always closed while we were there. So, I have no idea what the point of it is.

Location wise, it's pretty good - about 15-20 minutes walking distance from the Damascus Gate.

Would I stay there again?

Nope!
Not if I can help it. But, when you travel as a group, you don't have say which hotel the tour operator books for you.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank NickB100001
Connectict
Reviewed 25 December 2010

I am writing this from my room here at this hotel. We decided to come to Israel on the spur of the moment, and this was the only place we could get reservations. I can't describe how disgusting it is. When we walked in there was nobody to meet our car and take our bags. There are four tiny elevators, and we waited for 20 minutes to get to our rooms. When we got to our rooms they were dirty, especially the bathroom, and when we tried to call the reception nobody answered the phone. When we tried to call housekeeping, same thing, When we tried to went down to the desk to complain we couldn't get near the one attendant. The help in the restaurant is surly, the pool is drained and dangerous, children run through the halls screaming.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elise M
Laurys Station, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 November 2010

WE RECEIVED GREAT SERVICE & the staff was attentive to all of the groups. making sure we all ways sat together in the dining room

• Stayed November 2010
FattalM, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 17 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. The Leonardo Hotel in Jerusalem was delighted to host you and provide with great service and we always strive to.

We will be happy to have you in our hotel during your next stay in Jerusalem

Kind regards,

Ilana
Fattal Hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I have stayed 6 nights in Oct2010 in this hotel and in general it was a very nice stay. Rooms are comfortable and clean, breakfast is excellent and, even if you don't want to have dinner at the restaurant (kind of expensive - U$30/per person), the bar offers very nice food and drinks at fair prices in a very pleasant atmosphere. It is really well-located, just a 15-minute walk to the Damascus Gate. The biggest problem is the staff, mainly in the reception, which are not prepared. They are not friendly and do not seem to want to help and answer questions. Additionally, they only speak English and nobody speaks Spanish, which considering the size of the hotel and I believe would be very useful. Another complaint is the price of the internet, especially the wi-fi, very expensive (U$8/hour) and in view of the high rate paid, it would be free.

• Stayed October 2010