“very helpful staff”

Eden Jerusalem Hotel
Ranked #40 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Hotel set in a residential area. Not very central but good bus route close by. Good value with local traditional breakfast. Basic bedrooms but clean. Free Wi-Fi. Extremely lovely, helpful staff gave us advice, helped book a rental car and a day trip to Masada and The Dead Sea.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Eden Hotel is a bed and breakfast which is located near Midreshet Lindenbaum. The hotle is clean and the front desk if very helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of the Emek Refaim restaurants. The hotel is reasonably priced. The breakfast is adequate - I particularly liked the coffee machine and eating breakfast outside. The free internet access was another good addition.
I plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My wife and I spent 9 days at this lovely Hotel, enjoying many hours resting on the balcony, listening to numerous birds singing away in the nearby trees, while the residents of the peacful street went through the patterns of their day, which included school bells with a delightful melodic tune and synagog on the sabbath.
We found it a delightful walk from the Eden into the old city, especially via the nearby Haas Promanade which is lovely and scenic. 25 minutes walking and you can enter the old city via the Zion Gate which we felt was the nicest way in, and a bus can take you easily home at the end of the day if the legs got tired.
Line, Ruth and the Eden team were always smiling and helpful, giving the experience at the Eden that final sense of homely comfort and an oasis of peace.
Well recommended. will come again.
Ian and Sarah Fraser

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

8 Koreans stayed in Eden hotel for 5 nights and we loved this small but very cozy and charming hotel. Every morning we enjoyed the breakfast prepared with so much care. I can say it was even better that any luxury hotel that I know. Also everybody including the owner of the hotel are so kind and nice. You can have free internet access and beautiful garden to sit.
I definitely recommend you this hotel. I am sure you will love it as we all did.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have several brought groups to Israel and this is the first time I have used Eden Jerusalem. The service was very good. The breakfasts were very nice also. What was most impressive to me was the excellent service overall. From the time we booked with Line (more properly spelled "Lynn") it was all done very competently. This far excells other hotels I have dealt with in the area. When I got to meet "Line" I discovered that "Line" is a lady. A very nice lady in fact. When my group arrived from the airport, she had bought some special bread for two of our travelers that had a gluten allergy. This was above and beyond all expectation and is just an example of how she takes care of things. We also had one couple whose luggage was lost in the Aman, Jordon airport. I spent a day and a half trying to get it to the hotel to no avail. I went to "Line" (Lynn) and asked for help. She had connections and got it there that afternoon. As I have said, I have used a number of different hotels in Jerusalem. None have the competence and personal touch that Lynn has. For that reason, the Eden hotel will be my first choice when looking for a hotel in Jerusalem.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We really liked Eden hotel - stuff is very friendly and rooms are clean. Nice breakfast in the morning, free parking and Wi-Fi compensate not very central location. Also, it's 5 min walk to the wonderfull promenade with best city views.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I selected Eden Hotel based on reviews, which were pretty accurate. This is a good value hotel with no frills but it has breakfast, free parking and Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi in my room was pretty weak but I was able to get on-line when I needed to. Hotel is in a quite residential location and I had no problem finding a parking spot on a street at any time.
It is a good 40 min walk to the Jaffa gate. Taxi cost to and from there is anywhere from 25 NIS to 70 NIS (coming back after dark).
Overall, I found the location very convenient and the staff is very friendly. If I will be in Jerusalem again I would, most likely, stay in there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo